Wilder vs Fury. Thoughts?

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Personally I think Fury is too crazy to be KOd unless properly unconscious or comatose, and that this will drive Wilder mad and he’ll lose it.

So I am backing Fury and hope to see a unification tussle vs AJ next year.
asl
It's odd, but I would normally cheer on the Brit - but I cannot stand the bloke and hope Wilder tears his head off.

But I think Fury to win - and by a k.o.
SHANDY VOR
Has a contest ever had two more appropriately named contestants? Those are my thoughts
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:It's odd, but I would normally cheer on the Brit - but I cannot stand the bloke and hope Wilder tears his head off.

But I think Fury to win - and by a k.o.
Just for you, interview with ITV yesterday:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... 1ekeDNguHU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Johnsons Red Army
Fury

Both knobs though.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Split decision! Draw.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
And we thought there were too many bent refs in football.
Shade
Haven't seen it and not very interested as I hate them both. Just hope to see AJ batter them both, and Dillian Whyte again, in the next couple of years and become undisputed.

Fury talks so much shite that I don't know whether to believe him or not when he says he should have won. Others saying he should have lends some credibility to it. Two knockdowns = two 10-8 rounds to Wilder. How many rounds is Fury supposed to have won 10-9?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Haven't seen it and not very interested as I hate them both. Just hope to see AJ batter them both, and Dillian Whyte again, in the next couple of years and become undisputed.

Fury talks so much shite that I don't know whether to believe him or not when he says he should have won. Others saying he should have lends some credibility to it. Two knockdowns = two 10-8 rounds to Wilder. How many rounds is Fury supposed to have won 10-9?
Could easily be argued Fury won every other round apart from the two lockdowns. Even around 12 he was on top of Wilder and finishing strongly after rising from the canvas.
Shade
Ok, so how many weren't clear rounds to Fury and could be argued as Wilder's?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Ok, so how many weren't clear rounds to Fury and could be argued as Wilder's?
Around three I reckon.

The Mexican scored it 115-111 to Wilder and the Canadian 114-112 to Fury. So take off two knockdowns and we are left with 95-95 and 98-92. Note that the Mexican gave some to Fury which the Canadian didn’t and vice versa so could have been looking at bigger margin either way.

When you look at the scorecard, most rounds have a split majority 2-1 decision. If you take the majority decision for each round Fury comes out on about 114 or higher (can’t quite remember).
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I hope Wilder fights AJ first. On neutral turf - Paris, Dubai or somewhere like that.

I believe AJ will be too quick to get caught by Wilder’s one trick shot. And AJ strikers with so much more power than Fury or any of the other no-marks Wilder has fought that there could be a KO. If not then AJ will cruise to a points win.

Then the big unification fight has to happen in England, at Wembley or somewhere else with a nice symmetrical arena and huge capacity. As stated before the weekend, Fury cannot be KO’d unless unconscious for more than the ten seconds. Wilder couldn’t do it, and AJ isn’t anymore powerful than Wilder so will be relying on speed and variation to make the (maybe necessarily literally) fatal blow. But if Fury can evade, block or absorb then it will be a fascinating fight. How will AJ respond to the goading and immovable object? Will Fury be able to get any attacks in?

I don’t think there will ever be as a good Brit on Brit heavyweight contest for a long long time.
Shade
AJ is more clinical than Wilder so I would say that if Wilder knocked Fury down twice then AJ would have a good chance at knocking Fury down more than that and multiple big knockdowns is bound to catch up with him, no matter who he is.

No matter where Wilder and AJ were to fight, the crowd would still be dominated by UK fans and as we travel anywhere and make it feel like home.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Yes, I wasn’t suggesting neutral venue for the AJ vs Wilider warm-up due to fans. Just to a) avoid the dodgy refereeing in the USA so it’s a fair fight and b) to ensure Wembley is hyped and preserved for the main Brit vs Brit clash.

Whether AJ can knock him out will be fascinating to see, and if not I can’t see Fury doing enough to win on points but then I am not a judge.

One for all the Fighting Talk fans: typical hyperbole from Buncey... https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/gen ... 64096.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
My point was, what makes some refs biased towards the home fighter? The crowd? Therefore, anywhere "neutral" that AJ fights it should have the same effect on any weak judges.

I like Buncey. Only in small doses, and some of what he says is laughable when it isn't supposed to be, but I like him.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:My point was, what makes some refs biased towards the home fighter? The crowd? Therefore, anywhere "neutral" that AJ fights it should have the same effect on any weak judges.
Nope. Nearly all of the fans at the Fury fight were Brits. Same with Lennox vs Holyfield.

It is well established that it is hard for any Brit to win in the States - unless a knockout then then the money and politics always works in the US fighter’s advantage.
Shade
How do you know nearly all the fans were Brits? The noisy ones probably were, the rest were largely unseen I expect because the Yanks only know how to support in a High School Cheerleading way and bottle it when they come up against a clan of "cultured" Europeans.

Anyway, I fear you're right and there are quite a few bent judges.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:How do you know nearly all the fans were Brits? The noisy ones probably were, the rest were largely unseen I expect because the Yanks only know how to support in a High School Cheerleading way and bottle it when they come up against a clan of "cultured" Europeans.

Anyway, I fear you're right and there are quite a few bent judges.
I heard someone say 11,000 Brits in the 17,000 crowd on 5Live during the fight coverage. Granted, ‘the majority’ more accurate than ‘most’, if correct.

Wilder doesn’t get much support in the US, which is why he wants to fight AJ there to build his brand up.