Galileo

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
This snuck under the radar. Having pumped over a billion quid in to the new satellite system we have now negotiated our way out of it, without getting the money back and facing the prospect of building our own.

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-uk-to ... t-11568204" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
asl
BLUE PASSPORTS. WE GET BLUE PASSPORTS, MAN.
Ihearye
sheds some light on what EU negotiators see as 'best endeavours', ' strive to reach agreement', ' seek to reach agreement', etc etc etc. They say that mug May coming the minute she left No10's front door.

They have no interest or no intention of coming to an amicable agreement. Originally thought we were better off staying in EU, however after witnessing the last two years of arrogance and sunibbing UK. They van stick their yellow stars where the sun don't shine. Roll on March 29, keep out own fishing rights, etc then negotiate when they are feeling the price of being a bunch of vvankers
Sprout Picker
Ihearye wrote:sheds some light on what EU negotiators see as 'best endeavours', ' strive to reach agreement', ' seek to reach agreement', etc etc etc. They say that mug May coming the minute she left No10's front door.

They have no interest or no intention of coming to an amicable agreement. Originally thought we were better off staying in EU, however after witnessing the last two years of arrogance and sunibbing UK. They van stick their yellow stars where the sun don't shine. Roll on March 29, keep out own fishing rights, etc then negotiate when they are feeling the price of being a bunch of vvankers
Good luck with that. I thought we held all the cards?
Ihearye
you may not hold them all, but you can play a better game of poker if the table can't see your cards, they have a losd of money in the pot and don't know whether or not you are bluffing. The current arrangement has no chsnce of getting voted through, so why waste any more tine dancing to their tune? Be up front, we are coming out, if you are serious about negotiating, lets get on with it. No more bending over and taking it. It has all just become a joke. WE have ended up with the likes of Romania deciding when we can leave the EU. Excellent negotiation skills.
Once the vote was done all that should have been discussed was future trade, not wasted 2 years discussing what we needed to agree on before discussing trade. c600 pages on agreement on what we will cough up and 26 pages on what the future will look like! All depends on how much Romania needs our money, because until they dont need it thye will be in no hurry to let us go.
Sometimes in the middle of an argument you just have to walk away. Time has come
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:sheds some light on what EU negotiators see as 'best endeavours', ' strive to reach agreement', ' seek to reach agreement', etc etc etc. They say that mug May coming the minute she left No10's front door.

Not sure the EU can be blamed when it is our decision. Take Galileo - I am surprised they offered to let us keep any access given we would no longer be in the EU and having access as a third party would be unprecedented. But we turn that down and say we don’t want to use what was offered. If we wanted full access, we shouldn’t have triggered Article 50 should we. Pretty simple.

It would be like me asking for a refund on my CTFC season ticket but requesting the club don’t sell my seat to anyone else so I can use whenever I want, then blaming the club when they inevitably say that is not possible.
Sprout Picker
Ihearye wrote:you may not hold them all, but you can play a better game of poker if the table can't see your cards, they have a losd of money in the pot and don't know whether or not you are bluffing. The current arrangement has no chsnce of getting voted through, so why waste any more tine dancing to their tune? Be up front, we are coming out, if you are serious about negotiating, lets get on with it. No more bending over and taking it. It has all just become a joke. WE have ended up with the likes of Romania deciding when we can leave the EU. Excellent negotiation skills.
Once the vote was done all that should have been discussed was future trade, not wasted 2 years discussing what we needed to agree on before discussing trade. c600 pages on agreement on what we will cough up and 26 pages on what the future will look like! All depends on how much Romania needs our money, because until they dont need it thye will be in no hurry to let us go.
Sometimes in the middle of an argument you just have to walk away. Time has come
As RCS says, how can you blame the EU? It was our decision to leave.

They're not obliged to offer us any deal at all. If it hadn't been for the likes of Johnson, Farage, Gove et al promising the impossible that somehow we'd get all the benefits of membership after leaving we might not have ended up voting ourselves into this mess.

And yes, I agree that May's deal is a shambles but this is what we're left with - go with what she negotiated (poor deal and unlikely to be approved by parliament), crash out (economically disasterous) or stay in with a deal that we'll never be likely to get again if we rejoin in the future.