Newspaper readerships stats

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
If anyone cares, the latest data are out for 2017/18.

The Guardian the most read quality paper (23.5m) followed by The Telegraph (22.5) and The Independent (18.5m).

Across all papers, The Sun is most read (29.5m), Mail second (26.8m) and The Guardian third.

https://mediatel.co.uk/newsline/2018/12 ... newsbrands" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ctfc-fan
You’ve missed The Gloucestershire Echo....
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote:You’ve missed The Gloucestershire Echo....
I was in town all week apart from Thursday so that must be why.
Shade
I take it that's the total readership for the year April '17 to March '18?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:I take it that's the total readership for the year April '17 to March '18?
October 2017 to September 2018. Including U.K. paper sales and internet visits.
Shade
Interesting. Do you know how they monitor the internet visits? One unique IP visit per day?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Interesting. Do you know how they monitor the internet visits? One unique IP visit per day?
Unsure. They break it down by Phone / Tablet / Desktop.

Interesting question. It does include click throughs from Twitter and Facebook. Which is why the Independent will be so high. I follow all the Qualities on Twitter and the Indy by far and away churns out the most and I often click through so will read on two of three devices a day even if I don’t often go directly to the website.
Red Duke
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Shade wrote:Interesting. Do you know how they monitor the internet visits? One unique IP visit per day?

Interesting question. It does include click throughs from Twitter and Facebook. Which is why the Independent will be so high. I follow all the Qualities on Twitter and the Indy by far and away churns out the most and I often click through so will read on two of three devices a day even if I don’t often go directly to the website.
It would appear that they are using Google Analytics for the information. I can see similar data for my business's website.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Red Duke wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

It would appear that they are using Google Analytics for the information. I can see similar data for my business's website.
I trust you smash them all out the park with your hits.