JM Exits Manure

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ihearye
And to think of all the c!#p they threw and David Moyes
Johnsons Red Army
They should have backed him in the transfer window in the summer, imo.

Either way, not a United fan so don't really care.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Johnsons Red Army wrote:They should have backed him in the transfer window in the summer, imo.

Either way, not a United fan so don't really care.
Glazers milking the club for sure. Look how much money they and family have taken out - recent article reporting that since the Arab takeover at City, the amount the Glazers have taken out of United is the same as the amount the Sheikh has put in to City.

Glazers just a fancy Mike Ashley.
Red Duke
They have spent loads of money on a series of sub-standard players who can't get a regular starting spot.

Bailly
Lindelof
Rojo
Sanchez
Fred

Doesn't say much for their recruitment policy. All it seems to do is line the pockets of agents.
asl
Not sure Sanchez could ever be described as 'sub-standard'... Rojo is pretty awful, though! Fred, I have no idea as I've never seen him play.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:Not sure Sanchez could ever be described as 'sub-standard'... Rojo is pretty awful, though! Fred, I have no idea as I've never seen him play.
I heard Jose wanted to play him left wing, but, right said Fred.
Shade
Back him in the transfer window :lol:
They bought Fred for £52m and he can't even get in the squad!
They bought Sanchez (last January, was it?) when he was already far from the player he had been at Arsenal.

The scummers should just accept that they had a period of unparalleled success under a certain manager and a group of players that came along at the right time, success that drove them on for about 20 years when Sky took over the PL, but the other "top" clubs have caught up thanks to huge investment and because they have the special managers now. There is nothing special about that club other than the manager and group of players they had come through in the early 90's, and because they robbed Cantona from Leeds.
Johnsons Red Army
What about the defender(s) that Woodward failed to sanction?
Johnsons Red Army
Johnsons Red Army wrote:What about the defender(s) that Woodward failed to sanction?
"Despite being allowed to spend more than £300m on players up to that point, he complained about not being backed in the transfer market.

He had wanted at least one new centre-back but did not get one
, with the club signing £50m midfielder Fred, Porto youngster Diogo Dalot and Lee Grant as a backup goalkeeper.

Former United defender and Sky Sports pundit Gary Neville said the writing was on the wall over the summer after the board "failed to back him over a couple of signings".

"At that point you're finished as a manager," he added."

Source: https://news.sky.com/story/manchester-u ... o-11584730" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
Did he not want Bailly and Lindelof then? Because it seemed very much like they were players he wanted.
Johnsons Red Army
Assuming you are replying to me, they weren't signed this summer.

The quote from the article highlights who was bought this summer, namely: "£50m midfielder Fred, Porto youngster Diogo Dalot and Lee Grant as a backup goalkeeper."

The article also points out that Jose was after at least one centre-back, but was not sanctioned by the Board.

Hence my comment about not being backed in the transfer window the past summer.

Even Arsenal out-spent Man United, to put things into perspective! (source: https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... club-spend" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
Shade
Yeah, but did he not want those centre backs? If they were any good, he shouldn't have needed another centre back last summer. How many mistakes can he replace before it's his fault and not the board for not backing him?
Johnsons Red Army
Without knowing how things run at Man United in terms of recruitment, it would be impossible for me to answer.
Shade
Well, apparently he did want them from what I've heard over the last day. They were his targets and he got them.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Maybe he got some which he wanted and denied others he also wanted.

Let’s face it, every manager in the country probably has ten targets they would like to sign and pretty much every club Board would only be able to afford enough to attract one or two. Happens every window to pretty much every club so the question for me is why it’s being bigged up and debated so much in this case.