One for the Turkey eaters.

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
https://www.independent.co.uk/environme ... 88931.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In the U.K, “once hatched, more than 70 per cent of chicks will be reared in intensive farms, where they are kept indoors with thousands of others and will never be allowed outside or to see the light of day.

At around a day old they are “debeaked”, a process which sees the upper part of the beak sliced off using an infrared laser.”
ctfc-fan
Yum!
asl
I've got a crown this year. God only knows the depths of cruelty that bird suffered, having it's legs and wings removed at birth.

Pass the cranberry sauce, please.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote:Yum!
Not trying to suggest it isn’t yum!
SHANDY VOR
What is the point in this thread apart from trying to make the weak feel bad about themselves? I have no problem with vegetarianism as a lifestyle choice, but the word is choice, and personally I was genetically reared to polish off half a farmyard in my lifetime. Indeed a large part will be passing through my digestive tract this lunchtime through to sometime tomorrow. I have warned the coastguard about impending dangers to shipping in the Severn Estuary.

Why stop at meat? While its incredible in 2018 that anyone should think the world is flat, even stranger is the rumour started by some children that Father Christmas is fake, and I expect you to have picked this up to be en vogue. I'm surprised we haven't had a 20000 dissertation on this very forum followed up by a poster campaign, and a debate as to why Papa C isn't a vegetarian in an 'open relationship'.

So, instead of trying to bleed the joy out of life why not try to relax a bit and enjoy some of the finer things the Lord Almighty has provided us with. Stop worrying about alcoholic units, take up smoking on weekends, and feel liberated by showering only every other day. Swear at nuns.

Do that sunshine, and you might just have a Happy Christmas and tolerant 2019.
asl
Somebody got the 'wrong' present this morning, I see... Happy Christmas, Shandy!
SHANDY VOR
All good in the Shandy Christmas household despite not getting my customary packet of fags in my stocking this year. Never mind, just about to open the Christmas wine, I've been saving it all year. A Thunderbirds White! Happy Christmas to you.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SHANDY VOR wrote:What is the point in this thread apart from trying to make the weak feel bad about themselves? I have no problem with vegetarianism as a lifestyle choice, but the word is choice, and personally I was genetically reared to polish off half a farmyard in my lifetime. Indeed a large part will be passing through my digestive tract this lunchtime through to sometime tomorrow. I have warned the coastguard about impending dangers to shipping in the Severn Estuary.

Why stop at meat? While its incredible in 2018 that anyone should think the world is flat, even stranger is the rumour started by some children that Father Christmas is fake, and I expect you to have picked this up to be en vogue. I'm surprised we haven't had a 20000 dissertation on this very forum followed up by a poster campaign, and a debate as to why Papa C isn't a vegetarian in an 'open relationship'.

So, instead of trying to bleed the joy out of life why not try to relax a bit and enjoy some of the finer things the Lord Almighty has provided us with. Stop worrying about alcoholic units, take up smoking on weekends, and feel liberated by showering only every other day. Swear at nuns.

Do that sunshine, and you might just have a Happy Christmas and tolerant 2019.
Not against meat. I love a bit of Turkey. Just raising awareness of the industrial farms so people have the information to choose free range or organic if they want.
SHANDY VOR
You're assuming that my bird has been industrially raised. I actually bought her free range from a man in a caravan who rears them like pets.