Everroof Ltd

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
Hi. Has anyone ever come across this company based out of Banbury? They do lightweight conservatory roof replacements. It bothers me that, when I googled "Everroof reviews", I get precisely nothing back (outside of their own website), even though they apparently have hundreds of satisfied customers.
Andy
Never heard of them but an extra check I try to do if all I can find is own site reviews is to look up on companies house the directors / company name and check for previous trading names or other similar businesses the director has been involved in and search for reviews etc under them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ctfc-fan
The director has 5 companies, one maximum risk.

Everroof Ltd has the trading address in Cambridgeshire, just the registered address shows as Banbury. It appears to be non trading and just has limited assets for the past 3 years accounts.

There is also Everroof Systems Ltd which again is maximum risk as late filings, deficit in capital, fall in shareholder funds. Negative working capital too.

My advice? AVOID!!!
asl
ctfc-fan wrote:My advice? AVOID!!!
Thanks, both. I'm coming to the same conclusion, unfortunately. Too many nagging doubts and alarm bells ringing in the background. Shame, really, as the product fits the bill. I saw the late filing (only by a month) but was confused by the other docs which suggested the company assets had remained ststic at £5k for the last four years. Dunno what's going on there.
Andy
My guess is the trading is done under the other name CTFC-fan said about as those accounts appear to be more active.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ctfc-fan
asl wrote:
ctfc-fan wrote:My advice? AVOID!!!
Thanks, both. I'm coming to the same conclusion, unfortunately. Too many nagging doubts and alarm bells ringing in the background. Shame, really, as the product fits the bill. I saw the late filing (only by a month) but was confused by the other docs which suggested the company assets had remained ststic at £5k for the last four years. Dunno what's going on there.
There’s a company in Cheltenham who do these but my wife enquires and they wanted £7-8k just for a warm roof! Bugger that, that’s half an extension cost!
asl
Ha! I'm looking at £15k for the same - but it's a massive conservatory...probably heading towards 50sqm if I could be bothered to measure it.
asl
What's the Cheltenham company? Trying to avoid Guardian Roofs because they use a steel ring beam (hello condensation!) and composite tiles. CozyRoof (wooden ring beam, steel tiles) are currently front-runner for the gig, now.
ctfc-fan
Can’t remember sorry but there are so many dodgy ones out there. Conservatories are up there with drives and roofs for me in terms of company types...
joes dad
asl wrote:What's the Cheltenham company? Trying to avoid Guardian Roofs because they use a steel ring beam (hello condensation!) and composite tiles. CozyRoof (wooden ring beam, steel tiles) are currently front-runner for the gig, now.
Had mine done last year by World of Smiles, superior to Guardian, made a really good, neat and tidy job and a great price, speak to Jon and he will give you a CTFC discount.