Russell Arms

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
I notice on the way in that Cheltenham has lost another pub...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:I notice on the way in that Cheltenham has lost another pub...
The Russell closed years ago. It was the closest pub to my family home in Chelt. The only time I went in it was made very clear we we weren’t welcome. Probably the worst pub I ever went to in Cheltenham. Some businesses and venues deserve to close.
asl
Years ago? Really? First time I'd noticed it had been converted into a house. But yes, agreed: it was a hole and not a place I went in more than a couple of times.
Shade
The pub I can't believe is still open is The Five Alls. Sorry if anyone is a regular or owner but it is an absolutely dive of the highest order and the I don't think the pipes have ever been cleaned. I've only been in there twice, once a few years ago and once about a month ago after the "refurb". Just as bad now as it was back then.
Ihearye
walked past it last week Shade, looks like undergoing a major refurb. So you may be able to venture back
Shade
Ihearye wrote:walked past it last week Shade, looks like undergoing a major refurb. So you may be able to venture back
I'd be surprised as it was only a year or two ago that they did a kind of refurb. Pretty sure that's its permanent state, half finished (unless something happened inside that warrants work, which wouldn't surprise me). Tiling half done in the gents. About three different styles in a 200sq ft interior...
Ihearye
Shade wrote:
Ihearye wrote:walked past it last week Shade, looks like undergoing a major refurb. So you may be able to venture back
I'd be surprised as it was only a year or two ago that they did a kind of refurb. Pretty sure that's its permanent state, half finished (unless something happened inside that warrants work, which wouldn't surprise me). Tiling half done in the gents. About three different styles in a 200sq ft interior...
It was closed and inside looked gutted. Sign in window saying going under refurb. maybe they found the rest of the tiles ?
Shade
:lol: