Corbyn will destroy the country.

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
Corbyn the biggest rat in the House of Commons...the whole of the Labour Party are freckin snakes.

Three years Corbyn screaming for a General Election and now he doesn't want one on tonight evidence.

Cant stand them.

National civil unrest will ignite before the 31st October. Democracy is non existent.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Ihearye
What would seem an obvious scenario. Is the UK to turn up at the EU discussions around any possible extension. Let them come up with a view. then veto it. Thus forcing us out on 31/10. One of the effects of us standing in the Euro elections, is that we are members and entitled to vote or veto on anything, but any agreement.
asl
Ihearye wrote:One of the effects of us standing in the Euro elections, is that we are members and entitled to vote or veto on anything, but any agreement.
[Gasp]

But wasn't one of the reasons given by the Vote Leave campaign that we *couldn't* stop any of the terrible things that the nasty EU were going to force upon us??? Like the admission of Turkey and the terrible prospect of an EU army?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:Corbyn the biggest rat in the House of Commons...the whole of the Labour Party are freckin snakes.

Three years Corbyn screaming for a General Election and now he doesn't want one on tonight evidence.

Cant stand them.

National civil unrest will ignite before the 31st October. Democracy is non existent.

If the Eton pound shop dictators are forced to rule out No Deal then Labour will back an election.

Not that the clown Corbyn would win, but at least it means the citizens of the U.K. get to vote on the current unelected Prime Minister who perusing is perusing a Brexit policy which only a minority of people support.

Time for the Revokers and No Dealers to give up and agree on a ‘soft’ Brexit, or second referendum where democracy can be renewed.

Daft to think some MPs who voted for a Brexit deal three times have been kicked out the Conservative party by those who refused to back their own Government’s deal. We would be out by now if Johnson and Mogg’s mob had voted for the withdrawal agreement.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
More interesting than the Parliament shenanigans is thinking about whether Cummings/Johnson’s sucking of party members is more similar to Stalin’s purges or the Night of the Long Knives.
Johnsons Red Army
Malabus wrote:Three years Corbyn screaming for a General Election and now he doesn't want one on tonight evidence.
Why would Corbyn sign up to an election when Johnson will then move the date of the election after October 31st, ensuring 'no-deal' goes through?

Corbyn is stupid, but obviously not that stupid to fall for that trap.
Johnsons Red Army
Shadow Brexit secretary Sir Keir Starmer tells Sky News: "We're not going to vote with Boris Johnson today to deprive ourselves of the opportunity to complete the business that we've just seized control of the House to do.

"We'll have a general election, sure, but we're not dancing to Boris Johnson's tune on this.

"We're going to complete the job in hand, we're going to insure our country against leaving the EU without a deal.

"Then, of course, a general election but we're not dancing to his tune."
Red Duke
I am puzzled when our MPs are saying that they don't have enough time to debate. Why don't they cancel their conferences and it would give more than enough time?

It seems to me that to them the conferences are more important than sorting out Brexit.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Red Duke wrote:I am puzzled when our MPs are saying that they don't have enough time to debate. Why don't they cancel their conferences and it would give more than enough time?

It seems to me that to them the conferences are more important than sorting out Brexit.
Because Cummings/Johnson have prorogued Parliament for five weeks starting on Monday.

MPs would happily debate during that time which is what a democratic parliament would do - but Cummings/Johnson don’t want them to as they don’t care for democracy.
kora
What was Cummings job before his promotion to the man seemingly running the country? I don't remember hearing his name until Johnson's take over.
Red Duke
kora wrote:What was Cummings job before his promotion to the man seemingly running the country? I don't remember hearing his name until Johnson's take over.
Cummings was the guy that ran the Brexit strategy for the leavers. There was a docudrama on Channel 4 starring Benedict Cumberbatch. called the Uncivil War. If it is still available, well worth a watch.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
kora wrote:What was Cummings job before his promotion to the man seemingly running the country? I don't remember hearing his name until Johnson's take over.
A North East lad born in Durham. His in-laws own and live in Chillingham Castle in Northumberland.

After a few foreign ventures his first campaigning was against joining the Euro. However he first came to prominence when he set up a think tank to create a campaign strategy against North East devolution to defat the Blair government in 2004.

It is widely thought with hindsight that the tactics he pioneered for the NE devo election were a test-run for bigger things, and the Vote Leave campaign he orchestrated was essentially a scaled-up and more advanced (due to better technology and data - complete with the illegal Cambridge Analytica activity) version of the NE campaign.

And it’s his success with the Vote Leave campaign strategy which prompted Johnson and the ERG to give him his current role. He has experience of being an advisor for MPs, most notably Gove.

Here is a good piece about him: https://reaction.life/who-is-dominic-cummings/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sprout Picker
asl wrote:
Ihearye wrote:One of the effects of us standing in the Euro elections, is that we are members and entitled to vote or veto on anything, but any agreement.
[Gasp]

But wasn't one of the reasons given by the Vote Leave campaign that we *couldn't* stop any of the terrible things that the nasty EU were going to force upon us??? Like the admission of Turkey and the terrible prospect of an EU army?
:lol:
Ihearye
asl wrote:
[Gasp]

Surprised it comes as a shock to you?
Some aspects of the EU still allow single country veto. Other aspects, are run by majority. Really not a difficult concept to grasp
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Red Duke wrote:
Cummings was the guy that ran the Brexit strategy for the leavers. There was a docudrama on Channel 4 starring Benedict Cumberbatch. called the Uncivil War. If it is still available, well worth a watch.
Cummings did an interview in The Economist in January 2016. He was asked if he thought there would/should be a second referendum to agree the type of Brexit deal should people vote to leave:

“I think that is a distinct possibility, yes. It’s obviously not something that we can force. We’re a campaign group. But I think it is perfectly possible that leadership candidates to replace David Cameron will say that they think there are good grounds for a new government team to offer the public a voice on what the deal looks like. And we obviously wouldn’t oppose that, if that’s what senior politicians want to offer. I think there’s a strong democratic case for it.”
Malabus
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... ssion=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
We would have let more than six months ago had Johnson, Mogg etc voted for Brexit like the rest of the Conservative party did three times.
Johnsons Red Army
Exactly! And they didn't get kicked out of the party when they didn't vote with their own ranks.

Very hypocritical of the PM to eject 21 MPs for doing exactly the same thing he did.....three times!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
If Johnson hadn’t voted against Brexit three times we wouldn’t need a general election and we would be getting on with things as normal with the Brexit debate long behind us. And now Johnson sets a trap to try and get Corbyn to clear up the mess Johnson created by causing Brexit to be extended past 31st March.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:We would have let more than six months ago had Johnson, Mogg etc voted for Brexit like the rest of the Conservative party did three times.
We would have left in name only.

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:We would have let more than six months ago had Johnson, Mogg etc voted for Brexit like the rest of the Conservative party did three times.
We would have left in name only.

In your view. Plenty of different views of what Leave could look like. No Deal one the least popular.

Johnson and Rees-Mogg stopped us leaving on 31st March.