Harry and Meghan

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Suing the the gutter tabloid press in two separate cases.

I am a Republican but if they win and make the scum press have to change their ways then hell, it will will a tremendous thing for Britain and the Royals must be praised.
Malabus
The press dont seem to be 'Scum' when Harry and the America want to air their own agendas.

They need the press and cutting their nose to spite the face isn't very wise. I hope their personal advisors hammer home the message.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Ihearye
hope the door doesn't catch her ass on the way out. Have to say, warched all of suits *never liked her on that( and it never once crossed my mind that she was mixed race. Now all of a sudden, if you don't fall at her feet, you are a racist. Stop the world, I want to get off
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I am truly astonished with the response from the press and commentators on this. Who cares. Good on them if they want to ‘retire’. Why are people so worked up about it?
asl
I said the same when she first joined Jim Royale and co...I'd never realised she was mixed race. Hispanic, maybe...but now she's going to Africa and calling the local ladies "Sistas"...
ctfc-fan
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I am truly astonished with the response from the press and commentators on this. Who cares. Good on them if they want to ‘retire’. Why are people so worked up about it?
What pisses me off is how they need to ‘work out’ how to become financially independent. They already can be and that’s an insult to us taxpayers.
Ihearye
asl wrote:I said the same when she first joined Jim Royale and co...I'd never realised she was mixed race. Hispanic, maybe...but now she's going to Africa and calling the local ladies "Sistas"...
Indeed, sadly we are in a world where criticism = racism
Ralph
ctfc-fan wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:I am truly astonished with the response from the press and commentators on this. Who cares. Good on them if they want to ‘retire’. Why are people so worked up about it?
What pisses me off is how they need to ‘work out’ how to become financially independent. They already can be and that’s an insult to us taxpayers.
Yep. Just go. Don't take our money. They have millions already. I'm sure Charles will keep Harry on the list of people that have money from Duchy of Cornwall although he shouldn't
Red Duke
Just listened to Radio 2 News at 6 pm and they referred to an "Emergency" meeting tomorrow about the Royals. What utter tosh! Why, is the monarchy in danger of collapsing?

It just beggars belief the quality of news reports.

There are more important things happening in the world than some bloke wants to resign from a job without giving notice.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I believe the accusations of racism come from the complete double standards in how Kate and Meghan are reported on for doing the exact same thing.

Ten absolute classic examples of side by side comparison of newspaper headlines here: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/el ... ards-royal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If anyone can explain why Kate is praised but Meghan vilified for doing the same things then I am all ears.
Ihearye
I don’t usually see RCS comments, but because I forgot to logon, I have. But very glad to respond, as don’t really have any views on M&H apart from the fact, I have never taken to her from when I first set eyes on her in suits many years ago. However, that being said and as previously said, who ever knew she was mixed race in the first place!
Story 1 – hardly a fair comparison or complaint. It would seem obvious that that the pics of K where taken on one appearance, whereas M has multiple pictures. Not saying it didn’t happen at other times. But comparing the two articles for a complaint of racism is laughable.
Story 2. - Again, unsure how this can be compared in a racist way or any way. One person is reported as using an avocado some way, to help with morning sickness. While the other, who has set herself up as some would say, a eco warrior and campaigner for the poor. It seems, also advocates the use of Avocado for health and beauty. If the cultivation of the avocado is shown to impact poorer countries or the climate. Then I can understand the criticism. Can’t see a fair comparison as it is the ‘campaigning’ that is drawing attention to M. Again, racism ? laughable
Story 3 – Think the key here lays in a couple of observations. K ‘usually’ spends Christmas with the Queen. M&H skipped Balmoral in summer and now also first Christmas. As it was the first Christmas, I could see how expectation would be that he would follow tradition. Especially as that tradition has them both in the land of milk and honey.
Story 4 – Think the key here is not the protecting of themselves. The main point surely is that one couple have proclaimed they want to be financially independent (have no problem with that at all). Hence the story alludes to a possible source of income from that branding. The other couple, have no such concern. Once again , racist ?
Story 5 – It would appear that one story is saying that once very privileged couple is attempting to give their children a more rounded experience. While the other is about a very privileged couple, deciding to open up to the nation about how hard their lives are. Would suggest they need to take a good look at themselves, irrespective of white, black, beige , green, red, yellow, orange
Story 6 – have no idea what or who is a good brand of candle. In saying that, candles are used in a church, so can’t see any issue there. Or can’t possibly see how what soap is used in the toilet can be compared with the request to have a church sprayed to kill the smell. Again, it is not me making the comparison here. It is yourself. The two just don’t seem to be apples and apples. But I can certainly see how it has racist undertones LOL.
Story 7 – Story is Lily’s are poisonous. One can agree or disagree if that is or is not the case. Not sure how you can compare the two stories. Unless of course the Ivy used in one, was poisonous ivy. Def racist LOL
Story 8 – TBH by this time I have realised the futility of even comparing the stories. Please feel free to be offended on my behalf.