Chelt Cricket fest

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

theidlerich
First day vs Mddx this morning....any 'Nesters' likely to be present?

I'll be in the members area....
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I will be in the members area too tir.

I have booked for all ten days of play over the two weeks.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Hope you enjoyed the AM session tir. I took an aubergine curry with rice and pea from the Caribbean stall. Recommended.
paperboy
Have a good time everyone.
I'm watching the live stream from afar with commentary from Mr Randall.
Looking different this year- in part because of the restrictions I guess.
Weather forecast looks promising this week also.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
paperboy wrote:Have a good time everyone.
I'm watching the live stream from afar with commentary from Mr Randall.
Looking different this year- in part because of the restrictions I guess.
Weather forecast looks promising this week also.
Yes, no stands is the main difference, due to Covid. The open tents help with Covid but it is also a new supplier as the previous one sold up.

The CTFC hospitality tent is the other side of pitch, but has red and white flags and a scarf hanging from the tent roof. Looks a great turnout for the Robins judging by the crowd at the tent.

Be good to push on towards 250 before close, but 200 is minimum for me.

Hampshire cruising. We have to win this match ahead of the winner takes all next week.
paperboy
Ah,thanks for the scene setting RCS.
theidlerich
RCS look out for a beige/cream GCCC cap with a small robin pin badge. At the front next to the fence to-day, and hopefully same tomorrow - moisture willing!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
theidlerich wrote:RCS look out for a beige/cream GCCC cap with a small robin pin badge. At the front next to the fence to-day, and hopefully same tomorrow - moisture willing!
Noted, will do. I might head down early to bag a spot under the canvass in preparation for some precip. Met Office forecast has become more favourable for tomorrow but the current shower will not be helping the outfield.
theidlerich
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
theidlerich wrote:RCS look out for a beige/cream GCCC cap with a small robin pin badge. At the front next to the fence to-day, and hopefully same tomorrow - moisture willing!
Noted, will do. I might head down early to bag a spot under the canvass in preparation for some precip. Met Office forecast has become more favourable for tomorrow but the current shower will not be helping the outfield.

Will you be wearing a flat cap and have a whippet on a lead?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
theidlerich wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

Will you be wearing a flat cap and have a whippet on a lead?
Nope. My white Glos cricket hat, if I wear a hat. Although saying that maybe my blue Glos cap. I will be in a waterproof much of the time I fear.

Are you on your own or in a group?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
A scene from the day.

theidlerich
I'm there somewhere! :)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Trying to spot someone in a beige cricket hat was akin to the ‘bowler hats’ scene in The Thomas Crown Affair.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Time and weather the enemies now, as they so often are in many aspects of humanity.

Somerset could not defeat them. Let us hope Hampshire cannot either.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Dire morning session for Gloucestershire with bat and ball on Day 2 of the ‘must not lose’ vs Hampshire.

Without rain, it certainly looks like it will be the away side who go on to contest the County Championship in the top group whilst our season comes to an end.

Pains me to say it as it will mean I have wasted money, but I hope there is a rapid and unexpected change in the forecast and rain comes.
theidlerich
Having missed the first few overs, so missed the demise of our batting; then sat through a steady romp against our weak bowling attack wishing the pervious days weather forecast was accurate! Sadly not and so looks set fair for the rest of the festival...which means Hampshire will crush GCCC, but hopefully we will have a change in fortune against Surrey. Also hope that silly Cayman Islands hot air balloon is elsewhere!
The main interest being why GS should have changed the forward lineup at half time taking off Kane, Sterling and ano!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
How does the second phase work…is it just the top group which plays on or do all the other teams who would have no chance of winning have to play on in meaningless groups?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Prayers for rain unanswered. Looks like Gloucestershire’s County Championship season will be over with sessions to spare tomorrow.
theidlerich
RCS Contact me if possible. re 20/20 Friday
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Done tir.

Fans bunkered in for the final day here. Let us hope the players do to. Three sessions and we can only afford to lose six wickets. Glorious Glosters mentality needed.