This impacts on us all

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nesty
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
asl wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:CTFC might well survive in the SPL.
And some think our away following is poor, now..... Can you imagine a midweek trip to Pittodrie...?
One double decker will go - be a nice OAP coach holiday.
And feed Taxi Dave to Nessy
Robin
I would imagine the current Ctfc squad more than capable of staying in the SPL, most teams are lower leavue standard with perhaps Celtic on a par with Championship standard clubs.

As for English prem I love it as a neutral but the greed is killing the lower leagues. We need to find a better distribution of money for the long term future of our national game. I would also consider scrapping international friendlies but i doubt the grred cats at the FA would accept that.
leohoenig
Nesty wrote:
And feed Taxi Dave to Nesty
you wouldn't eat Dave, would you :lol: :lol: :o
Nesty
leohoenig wrote:
Nesty wrote:
And feed Taxi Dave to Nesty
you wouldn't eat Dave, would you :lol: :lol: :o
I like TD , but couldn't eat a whole one
RTT
Robin wrote:I would imagine the current Ctfc squad more than capable of staying in the SPL, most teams are lower leavue standard with perhaps Celtic on a par with Championship standard clubs.

As for English prem I love it as a neutral but the greed is killing the lower leagues. We need to find a better distribution of money for the long term future of our national game. I would also consider scrapping international friendlies but i doubt the grred cats at the FA would accept that.
Where would the players get the experience of playing with each other, or the Manager find out about players unless in game. Just like our pre-season games.

However I think the friendlies at least should be played around the country
bigdavejambo
Chelt Luke in Glos wrote:
bigdavejambo wrote:just watch non-league football like I am going to do this season. still get a decent game for probably half the price and you get players who care about the shirt they are wearing and not just what is in their bank balances!!!!
Would this non league football be Gloucester, Forest Green, Bishops Cleeve, Cirencester or Evesham? ;)

Cirencester Town is my non-league club and I sponsor the club. I live in York and watch Whitby Town up here which is £9 a game and £12 on the train.