With technology so advanced as it is.

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
You would think you could buy televisions that detects Jamie Oliver programmes and eliminate them off your choice of viewing list.
Shade
Stop the barbaric slating of Jamie Oliver shows.
Nesty
anything with Keith Lemon in should be barred
Shade
Stop the barbaric slating of Keith Lemon shows. I'm overjoyed he's taking over Sir David Frost's and seemingly Lloyd Grossman's old jobs on Through The Keyhole and cannot wait for him to give the show some much-needed class.
asl
Nesty wrote:anything with Keith Lemon in should be barred
Anything by Shakespeare is bard.
asl
Another thing: what's this recent propensity for dramas to come to an end without a proper satisfactory ending? Okay, so the Hungerf....sorry....I mean Southcliffe drama the lack of an ending was, I felt, the whole point - but there's been many others where I've been left none too certain how I'm meant to feel at the end. I guess it's not a new phenomenon: I remember being very disappointed the first time I watched Hitchcock's The Birds.
Shade
Two-fold I think;
Left in a way that leaves you wanting more so they can justify another series.
They don't want to be predictable (even though it's becoming predictable).

Long gone are the glory days of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, when you knew the bad guy was gonna get it at the end of the series.
Joey
Depends on story, a good example would be The Prestige and Inception, two Nolan films. Prestige explains everything at the end while Inception leaves an opening ending, both fantastic endings.

(I know their films, same rule apply...right?)
Shade
Joey wrote:
(I know their films, same rule apply...right?)
Depends on the film, I think. I mean, if you've watched a 10 part/hour+ drama series and the ending is left wide open and nothing is explained it can be pretty frustrating, whereas a 2 hour film watched in one go is ok. But it all depends on how it's done really doesn't it. I can't remember the name of the show a few years ago where everybody in the world blacked out at the same time causing all transports to crash etc, but that was the most frustrating thing ever because they never explained everything. They also kept changing the goalposts every couple of episodes and seemed to forget what they'd talked about previously.

And then you have American TV shows which just get cancelled half way through a series, or shown completely out of order buggering up the plot continuity all because some mug thinks it would get a better audience that way.

Sorry, that just turned into a bit of a rant about things I hate with TV.

Edit: the show was called FlashForward. Massive pile of toss.
asl
Yes! FlashForward is an *excellent* example. I was enthralled by the first few episodes, then it completely lost it's way and it appeared even the writers didn't know where they were taking it. Revolution has been the same (although some explanations were given.)
Shade
Exactly how I found it. Yet its ratings on IMDB and TV.com were high even though viewing figures plummeted in the US and UK and it was cancelled after the first season.

I never saw Revolution but from the adverts I saw it looked like a similar kind of thing.
Malabus
Did anyone see The Fall on the BBC: great thrilling drama but the ending was disappointing unless there is a new series?

EDIT : to answer my own question : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-22685501" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
asl
Yep, enjoyed that one, Mal - looking forward to the new series. In fact, I enjoy most things with Gillian Anderson in. Including my dreams. Mmmmmm......Skully..........
Malabus
asl wrote:Yep, enjoyed that one, Mal - looking forward to the new series..
Love atmospheric dramas/films; nice camera work too. Looking forward to the second series.
Shade
Northern Ireland is the place to film your TV shows if you want them to be good.
asl
Game of Thrones, Shade?
SteveBurnsTV
Winter is coming
Shade
asl wrote:Game of Thrones, Shade?
Absolutely.
Nesty
Shade wrote:Stop the barbaric slating of Keith Lemon shows. I'm overjoyed he's taking over Sir David Frost's and seemingly Lloyd Grossman's old jobs on Through The Keyhole and cannot wait for him to give the show some much-needed class.
It should be renamed "through the arsehole" - he is the most revolting character ever to appear on TV
Si Robin
I agree Nesty, nothing annoys me more than people yelling his pathetically stupid phrases either.
Malabus
Through the keynote tonight....Bangtidy!
Ralph
http://www.gloucestershireecho.co.uk/Ja ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ralph
anyone see the article about his money saving tips book for eating at home and saving money? If you bought everything he recommended to do the cooking, it was going to set you back about 500 quid.. all his own brand stuff lol
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Its vastly cheaper to cook using fresh ingredients than to get ready meals or take aways.
Joey
I'd highly recommend Hannibal if you've the stomach for it.
Shade
This is turning into a RNF best and worst programs list.

Just watched A Touch Of Cloth 1 & 2 by Charlie Brooker & friends. Genius. Absolute genius. Think Naked Gun but British and sharper, parodying A Touch of Frost, Prime Suspect etc.
Malabus
Currently enjoying BBC's What Remains and Big School.
TheRaven
The Newsroom is very good.
Malabus
This is worth a watch..
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0 ... Selection/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;