YATES - Nail you colours to the mast don't hide

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
bigdavejambo wrote:I still believe there should have been a 'parting of ways' in the summer as he has failed the last 2 seasons with probably the best squads this club will ever be able to afford to assemble. I DO beleive he should look as HIS failings after a defeat/poor performance instead of blaming the fans who pay his wages and ultimately build his budget that Mr Baker allows him.
Fail in the last two seasons? What was his target two seasons ago?
51/84
51/84 wrote:I was away for the Kiddy friendly but I can remeber Yates being unhappy and the Byron sorting of saying his head was not in the right place
When or how did Harrison make waves
Taylor and Jones asking for transfers - we have crawled over it now. Jones claims he didnt.
miscommunications who knows?
I will ask again when or how did Harrison make waves?

Several have said it but I have seen no proof, other than him getting a bollocking from Yates but so did the whole team that night
The second string playing 90 minutes before the first league game put in a poor performance and got bollocked - so did something else happen that evening
Robin
Harrison certainly looked very off and de-motivated during pre-season to be fair.
51/84
Thats my point Robin
Harrison may have looked pissed off/lethargic whatever
Didnt like preseason and may have felt he was dropping down the pecking order.
However that is not the same as him making waves

Yet another example of people taking half comments overheard rumour etc and then blackening reputations of players staff or the club
No one has any proof
Just look at the Jones situation
Yates says one thing Jones says something else.
Who do people believe - Jones because it suits them to beat the club or manager with.
I hope JP asks Neil Howarth the question - did Billy Joins request a transfer yes or no! Did he request to go out on loan yes or no!

I hate rumour and speculation I would rather have the truth even if it is damaging in the short term
Laurence
Just thinking back four years or so, when there were genuine serious problems with the then manager's behaviour and comparing it to this Billygate episode, I can't help thinking certain posters here are working themselves into an unnecessary tizzy.

Given his success over the past thee and half seasons I think Yates deserves a bit of trust and time.
Stroudie
Will somebody please tell me which other manager left their top scorer on the bench after Christmas 2 seasons in a row.

This fact alone he deserves the sack. Misuse of valuable/costly resources.
taxidave
Didn't Moyes tell his top scorer (Rooney) that he wasn't a guaranteed first choice.
Stroudie
taxidave wrote:Didn't Moyes tell his top scorer (Rooney) that he wasn't a guaranteed first choice.
And Everton won exactly what?

Moyes will be out of a job within 18 months.
confused.com
Stroudie wrote:Will somebody please tell me which other manager left their top scorer on the bench after Christmas 2 seasons in a row.

This fact alone he deserves the sack. Misuse of valuable/costly resources.
Ned Ryerson
robinsrule
RVP is Man u's top scorer, but point taken.

Yates deserves a bit of time, let's not be like the fans of other clubs, constantly wishing for the manager's head when there is probably no better alternative. I really don't think the squad is as good as last year, though there is no doubt that we are currently underachieving.
Robin
I would say our squad is stronger than the one which started last season but possibly not a strong as the one which finished it.