Gloucestershire Transport

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Fans of public transport will be glad to see Gloucestershire is devoting the most funding to public transport over the next few years out of all local authority transport bodies in the country.

Top of the league!

http://www.bettertransport.org.uk/ltbreport" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Malabus
Would be a bigger fan if I could afford a ticket. I am one of these poor adults that has to pay a subsidy for the free bus passes.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:Would be a bigger fan if I could afford a ticket. I am one of these poor adults that has to pay a subsidy for the free bus passes.
Buy some stagecoach shares and the dividends will pay a chunk of an annual pass.
Andy
LTB spending isnt all public transport - according to those stats only 26% is. We dont know that Gloucestershire topped the public transport spending. Also why is the fact that they are spending millions on road / bus / train / transport in general a good thing when not a single cycling project and only 6 pedestrian projects made the priority list - surely we need to be improving those to lower carbon emissions etc....

Also if you have read the report you will see that it is not top of the spending but merely the top of the rankings used to rate the LTBs :)

;)
Shade
Pfft, public transport, cycling, walking...so 20th century. Stop living in the past and buy a big V8 muscle car, and keep revving the hell out of it while sat at all the traffic lights.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Andy wrote:LTB spending isnt all public transport - according to those stats only 26% is. We dont know that Gloucestershire topped the public transport spending. Also why is the fact that they are spending millions on road / bus / train / transport in general a good thing when not a single cycling project and only 6 pedestrian projects made the priority list - surely we need to be improving those to lower carbon emissions etc....

Also if you have read the report you will see that it is not top of the spending but merely the top of the rankings used to rate the LTBs :)

;)
Page 9 will show you that in Glos none of the LTB funding is going on Roads or Road maintenance (there is some 'mixed') which is why it is ranked first in the CBT table.

It is poor that cycling is not on there. Although I could reveal where over £200m of funding for cycling projects has come from over the last 6 months, I doubt anyone cares.

The point was that of a proportion of spending Glos is spending the most on public transit - obviously the total amount spent depends on the total size and budget of the authorities..
Andy
But proportionately we are not top - as we have an element of "Mixed" in there - whereas looking at those pie charts on the map, there are some LTBs where it looks like 100% is going on 'Rail' - therefore they would be proportionately higher than Gloucestershire for public transport.
taxidave
Andy wrote:LTB spending isnt all public transport - according to those stats only 26% is. We dont know that Gloucestershire topped the public transport spending. Also why is the fact that they are spending millions on road / bus / train / transport in general a good thing when not a single cycling project and only 6 pedestrian projects made the priority list - surely we need to be improving those to lower carbon emissions etc....Also if you have read the report you will see that it is not top of the spending but merely the top of the rankings used to rate the LTBs :)

;)
Global warming, or climate change as it is now called because the globe isn't warming anymore, is the easy way to justify extra taxes on motorists.
It is no good taxing motorists in this country in the name of lower carbon emissions until you can make countries like China, Australia and even the USA follow suit.
Ralph
i'll keep on driving my 18mpg SUV if thats ok with you :)
Shade
Ralph wrote:i'll keep on driving my 18mpg SUV if thats ok with you :)
18mpg?! You can do better, I'm sure. I expect you can get it down to 10mpg by selecting the wrong gears (if you drive "a stick") and just keeping the revs high whenever you stop.
Red Duke
Shade wrote:
18mpg?! You can do better, I'm sure. I expect you can get it down to 10mpg by selecting the wrong gears (if you drive "a stick") and just keeping the revs high whenever you stop.
It should be pointed that a US gallon is smaller than a UK gallon and so Ralph's true mileage is 22.5 mpg.
Shade
Everything is smaller in the US. A billion isn't even a billion. Small time amateurs.
Ralph
Red Duke wrote:
Shade wrote:
It should be pointed that a US gallon is smaller than a UK gallon and so Ralph's true mileage is 22.5 mpg.
that makes me happier :)
Malabus
someone that will go blind if they keep that up...!! EARTH KILLER!!
Joey
From what I've seen, most of the feedback involving transport that comes into the council usually relates to roads; potholes and traffic tend to be the main one.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Joey wrote:From what I've seen, most of the feedback involving transport that comes into the council usually relates to roads; potholes and traffic tend to be the main one.

Moaners only care about roads, that's why.