Thought I heard.

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

trickster
My partner watches Eastenders and tonight in one scene a couple were talking about an Asian lad and I’m sure I heard the man say you can send monkey boy a post card when we land, could be wrong but that’s what it sounded like to me, it will be interesting to see if the papers pick up on it.

Will check it out on the Iplayer to see if my flappers are playing tricks on me.
Daveangel
Your partner watches it huh? :)

So does mine, and I thought he said that too!
trickster
Daveangel wrote:Your partner watches it huh? :)

So does mine, and I thought he said that too!
Surely they can’t get away with that, what are they thinking about.

She watches all the soaps but she’s been quite poorly so I haven’t got a problem with it.
ctfc-fan
He did say it about the Asian lad and I said watch the backlash!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Surely Eastenders is supposed to reflect real life, in which case why the outrage?
Shade
What race were the couple who were talking?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:What race were the couple who were talking?
East-London. Hence the use of racist terms being accurate - though if anything it was too mild.

The type of folk which cost Fulham FC thousands of pounds to hose and fumigate Craven Cottage after West Ham play there.

Harsh I know, just I really dislike the grot and grime anywhere east of Aldgate.
trickster
I’m totally fed up with racist comments its 2013 we should all be better than that.

The recent incident involving Man City and Yaya Toure made me feel sick, when is someone going to do something about it, these insignificant fines Fifa and Uefa keep handing out don’t work, a punishment that will force these clubs to take proper action on their fans must take place, if not the black players have no choice but to make a stance, and I don’t think you need to be black, racism is racism I would stand with anyone against any kind of racism.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
trickster wrote:I’m totally fed up with racist comments its 2013 we should all be better than that.

The recent incident involving Man City and Yaya Toure made me feel sick, when is someone going to do something about it, these insignificant fines Fifa and Uefa keep handing out don’t work, a punishment that will force these clubs to take proper action on their fans must take place, if not the black players have no choice but to make a stance, and I don’t think you need to be black, racism is racism I would stand with anyone against any kind of racism.
Good man.
Red Duke
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Surely Eastenders is supposed to reflect real life, in which case why the outrage?
Since when has Eastenders been a reflection of real life?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Red Duke wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Surely Eastenders is supposed to reflect real life, in which case why the outrage?
No idea, never watched it
Andy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Red Duke wrote:
No idea, never watched it
Then why are you commenting on this thread then...surely you know by now there's an unwritten rule you are not allowed to comment unless you've watched it...

:)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Heard radio glos tv review so fully up to speed.
Malabus
Oh dear the Robins Nest liberals crying over spilt milk yet again.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Not me for once!
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Not me for once!
And yet 6 posts in this thread :lol: