FGR v Lincoln. Imps score 2 in 3min at end to win

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ralph
2-3
Sounds like us against the Annies

Well done the Imps!
ctfc-fan
Loving it!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Is this start of the annual FGR bottle job? Lincoln and Tranmere licking their lips!
Ralph
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u29YCo6k6rI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FGR at home to Tranmere on Tues now
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Oooh big week. They could be knocked off the top by Xmas!
ctfc-fan
It's like watching us at Rushden again [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
The Old TomCat
Points in the bag, better than games in hand.
FGR have more points than CTFC had at same time of last season.
The official Vanarama Football Prediction page has FGR nine (9) points ahead of pack at end of season with 106 points.
http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/natio ... /predicted" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bookies have FGR favourite for automatic promotion.
Hopefully CTFC don't drop and prevent two local derby games that were the best attended for both clubs last season.
Shade
The Old TomCat wrote:Points in the bag, better than games in hand.
The official Vanarama Football Prediction page has FGR nine (9) points ahead of pack at end of season with 106 points.
http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/natio ... /predicted" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hopefully CTFC don't drop and prevent two local derby games that were the best attended for both clubs last season.
But how many points do FGR have compared to FGR at this time last season?
Ralph

You came out with all this blah blah blah last season. Look what happened :lol:
The Old TomCat
Shade wrote:

But how many points do FGR have compared to FGR at this time last season?
Currently FGR have played 21 games and have 46 points.
On the morning of 28th November 2015, Cheltenham had played 22 games and gained 44 points.
Same morning FGR had also played 22 games with 43 points.
So this year FGR are doing better than last season and also better than last season’s league leaders.
The Old TomCat
Ralph wrote:

You came out with all this blah blah blah last season. Look what happened :lol:
Ralph, your obsession with FGR is mind boggling.
Last season Cheltenham had a fantastically good season after being relegated. Looking at current league table Cheltenham are in danger of being relegated twice in three years.
And FGR are 6 points clear at top of table.
Shade
Cheltenham are not in danger of being relegated. If we are I will switch my allegiance to FGR and Gloucester City and let the players kick me in the nuts. A comfortable win tonight will see us win the next 4 league games in a row and put us in the top half...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Usual nonsense from the OTC.
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Usual nonsense from the OTC.
NOT wrong and I'm right again.
Apologies expected from you RCS.

I honestly don't want to give you guys grief, but remember Ralph started it by opening this silly thread.
Blame him not me.
The Old TomCat
Shade wrote:Cheltenham are not in danger of being relegated. If we are I will switch my allegiance to FGR and Gloucester City and let the players kick me in the nuts. A comfortable win tonight will see us win the next 4 league games in a row and put us in the top half...
I sincerely hope not. FGR are looking forward to visiting Whaddon Road in a football league match next season.
But by golly Cheltenham are making hard work of staying up.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Imps for the title imo, and FGR to bottle it at Wembley against Tranmere.
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Imps for the title imo, and FGR to bottle it at Wembley against Tranmere.
Wishful thinking on your part methinks.
I will however agree with you that these three teams will almost certainly end season in promotion zone.
And if FGR don't get promoted there will be the local derby game against Cheltenham Town to look forward to.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Imps for the title imo, and FGR to bottle it at Wembley against Tranmere.
Wishful thinking on your part methinks.
I will however agree with you that these three teams will almost certainly end season in promotion zone.
And if FGR don't get promoted there will be the local derby game against Cheltenham Town to look forward to.
I am not saying I am not looking forward to two Glos teams in the FL and a derby match, was just stating what I believe will happen.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
And another bottle job today, losing 3-1 at Wrexham.

Imps a point behind with a game in hand. Tranmere and Barrow three behind with a game in hand. Wheels coming off.
Ralph
Rushden and Diamonds 2016/17
FGR will not get promotion. Said it all season
Daveangel
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:And another bottle job today, losing 3-1 at Wrexham.

Imps a point behind with a game in hand. Tranmere and Barrow three behind with a game in hand. Wheels coming off.
Three proper clubs with a fanbase and meat pies.

It's a strange day when having lost from 2-1 up on 85 minutes, I'm more cheered up by seeing the plastic Eco marketing tool have lost than our traditional local rivals.

They really are joining MK Dons as the most disliked side in English football.
everyman
Daveangel wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:And another bottle job today, losing 3-1 at Wrexham.

Three proper clubs with a fanbase and meat pies.

It's a strange day when having lost from 2-1 up on 85 minutes, I'm more cheered up by seeing the plastic Eco marketing tool have lost than our traditional local rivals.

They really are joining MK Dons as the most disliked side in English football.
I hope they aren`t becoming the RB Leipzig of England they are hated in Germany but very successful.
Ralph
I don't think so. Red Bull Leipzig play in the Bundesliga 1, FGR play park. Leipzig is a fair bit bigger than Nailsworth and the Stroud Valleys too. FGR will implode at some point maybe if they bottle it again and no promotion
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Agreed Ralph. Ecotricity will surely pull the plug (pardon the pun) on the money supply at some point if they keep bottling it every season. Once that funding goes they better get rid of the inflated overpaid players asap before they go bust. I doubt they will ever have sufficient fans to sustainably compete at the top of the Conference, let alone the FL.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Tranmere go top today. Cannot see the Wirralmen reliquishing that position to Cooper's mercenaries.
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Tranmere go top today. Cannot see the Wirralmen reliquishing that position to Cooper's mercenaries.
RCS you seem more confident that the Tranmere supporters.
FGR did not have game today and have fallen down table to 3rd BUT with game in hand over Tranmere and a better GD.

RCS, you seem to have a suicidal revolver in your hand. Since you have opened this thread Cheltenham have fallen down to bottom of table and are now one of the bookies favourites to be relegated. (CTFC don't have a game in hand.)
By having a go at FGR, I will remind you that FGR are a better bet to be promoted than Cheltenham have to avoid relegation.

COYR
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
We heard it all before last season OTC. FGR this, CTFC this, bookies there, games in hand here. It was delusion then and it is delusion now.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Imps run to the title continuing with a good win over second place Tranmere who remain hot on their heels.

The play-off teams are struggling to assert themselves with FGR, Dagenham, and Barrow each escaping with a draw after coming back from behind against lower opposition.
Shade
I see FGR throwing more money at it, getting in a player from the level below who was being courted by a few league clubs. He obviously had a great goalscoring debut on Saturday.

BTW - 91st minute goal for FGR. Different manager, same old late goals.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:I see FGR throwing more money at it, getting in a player from the level below who was being courted by a few league clubs. He obviously had a great goalscoring debut on Saturday.

BTW - 91st minute goal for FGR. Different manager, same old late goals.
Same old hoof and hope and bottle job and all.
The Old TomCat
Very poor November/December points return for club but FGR are picking up many new supporters with their adventurous play.
23 goals in last three games (+13 & -10) and 3rd in table.
COYR
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
3rd means play offs and another failure.
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:3rd means play offs and another failure.
Research your history.
Grimsby 4th last season and now just outside Div 2 play off zone.
(And weren't Grimsby in play-offs for five or six consecutive seasons)
Bristol Rovers 2nd season before last and now doing well in Div 1.

RCS, you write your wishful thinking as fact and even if FGR don't get promoted it will still be another successful season - 3rd in row while in same time period CTFC have only had one.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:3rd means play offs and another failure.
Research your history.
Grimsby 4th last season and now just outside Div 2 play off zone.
(And weren't Grimsby in play-offs for five or six consecutive seasons)
Bristol Rovers 2nd season before last and now doing well in Div 1.

RCS, you write your wishful thinking as fact and even if FGR don't get promoted it will still be another successful season - 3rd in row while in same time period CTFC have only had one.
I wasn't talking about previous seasons or teams. I was merely responding to you being pleased FGR are third, by making the point that whether it is 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th for FGR they will bottle the play-offs.

The one without the grasp of fact is you: anything but promotion is failure for FGR. Last season was a failure, as was the season before - not a success as you claim.
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: The one without the grasp of fact is you: anything but promotion is failure for FGR. Last season was a failure, as was the season before - not a success as you claim.
RCS,
You are adopting the same diversion tactics as I would if my team were fighting 2nd relegation in 3 years and that is cast a wide net around the alleged failings of another club.

Yes the FGR supporters were disappointed at missing promotion but we enjoyed a day out at the new Wembley stadium which most of us have not previously visited.
But I will tell you that nobody at FGR is looking backwards and on Tuesday FGR could easily score 5 goals and go top of table.
COYR