Gloucester City next season

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Possible groundshare in Gloucester: http://bit.ly/TigersKingsholm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Malabus
Good riddance.
little mo
Other footy please.
Nesty
great news -
Reginald
Be good to see them gone, but to be honest there's nothing here to suggest its a runner from the rugby club's perspective.
A story based on very little that fills some column inches. No doubt a poll will follow for readers to vote on, and/or another "five reasons/options for......"
Shade
Has it really been 7 seasons we've endured them? Blimey.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Has it really been 7 seasons we've endured them? Blimey.
Just think what the pitch was like 7 years ago.
Shade
Covered in Martin Allen rejects.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Indeed, no surprise MJ Allen lost the plot once he saw the pitch of his youth destroyed.
Reginald
Looking at the rugby club's reply in the Citizen, it seems they haven't had any approaches from the football club, and they suggest it wouldn't be an economic proposition for either party.
All in all, a bit of a non-story cooked up in the local press, and going nowhere.
I reckon they'll end up at Bristol Rovers or Evesham.
little mo
Their game against Brackley today called off, some of them not very happy with that. One of them actually had the nerve to question how a Lge 2 club can have a pitch as bad as this. WTF. Simple mate if you dont like it then feck off.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
little mo wrote:Their game against Brackley today called off, some of them not very happy with that. One of them actually had the nerve to question how a Lge 2 club can have a pitch as bad as this. WTF. Simple mate if you dont like it then feck off.
Only the foulest of parasites complain about their host.
everyman
little mo wrote:Their game against Brackley today called off, some of them not very happy with that. One of them actually had the nerve to question how a Lge 2 club can have a pitch as bad as this. WTF. Simple mate if you dont like it then feck off.
They will be spreading manure on our pitch next season again,i can smell it in the air already.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
everyman wrote:
They will be spreading manure on our pitch next season again,i can smell it in the air already.
If Baker keeps them on for another year there MUST be a season ticket boycott from the CTFC loyal.
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: If Baker keeps them on for another year there MUST be a season ticket boycott from the CTFC loyal.
Is that not a case of cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Not an ideal situation I'll admit but one which CTFC have been coping with adequately for years.
Last season Gloucester were tenants and CTFC romped to the Conference title.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: If Baker keeps them on for another year there MUST be a season ticket boycott from the CTFC loyal.
Not an ideal situation I'll admit but one which CTFC have been coping with adequately for years.
As discussed elsewhere, the pub sides in the Conference were so poor the pitch didn't matter. Especially when away games were days out for the CTFC steamroller.

Had the groundshare been ended five years ago when Yates first said it was threatening promotion chances then I do not think we would have ended up in the Conference.

No face spite or nose cutting: simply a belief that the pitch destroys any chance of decent football and makes the ticket prices unjustifiable.
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
As discussed elsewhere, the pub sides in the Conference were so poor the pitch didn't matter. Especially when away games were days out for the CTFC steamroller.

Had the groundshare been ended five years ago when Yates first said it was threatening promotion chances then I do not think we would have ended up in the Conference.

No face spite or nose cutting: simply a belief that the pitch destroys any chance of decent football and makes the ticket prices unjustifiable.
My point was regarding your suggestion to hurt club by not renewing season ticket.
Should enough of you do that, Baker would be forced to ask Gloucester to remain to make up financial shortfall.
As I said: "Cut off your nose.........."