A Christmas Nativity scene for Malabus

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/1KytDTQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Malabus
Three wise men were either Tibetan or Indian. Jesus was the next Dalai Lama.
So where did you get the African or Arab from?...its again more unintelligence from the usual forum members.
Shade
The three wise men could just as easily be Scottish, English and Welsh with an Icelandic baby Jesus - it's all made up stories.
confused.com
Please educate me as to which of the traditional nativity scene were refugees
asl
Mary and Joseph, for a start. Hounded out of their homeland by a despot King, they travelled afar to Bethlehem while she was pregnant. Latter-day NHS tourists, I imagine.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:Mary and Joseph, for a start. Hounded out of their homeland by a despot King, they travelled afar to Bethlehem while she was pregnant. Latter-day NHS tourists, I imagine.
I know right. Bethlehem inns wouldn't have been full up if not for those bloody immigrants bringing their worldy possessions fleeing across the desert on donkeys. Still, despite the anti-immigrant rhetoric, Jesus held no grudges and did a lot of good things for society. Shame the morals of the story have been forgotten in modern Britain.
confused.com
Think you will find they were returning to their birthplace to take part in a census. Hardly refugees
asl
Shows how much notice I took at school.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:Think you will find they were returning to their birthplace to take part in a census. Hardly refugees
Why on earth had they left in the first place? Economic migrants? Even worse than refugees! No wonder the locals tried to kill off the offspring. But I tell you what: those chairs and tables were not going to make themselves if there were no immigrant carpenters!
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
asl wrote:Mary and Joseph, for a start. Hounded out of their homeland by a despot King, they travelled afar to Bethlehem while she was pregnant. Latter-day NHS tourists, I imagine.
I know right. Bethlehem inns wouldn't have been full up if not for those bloody immigrants bringing their worldy possessions fleeing across the desert on donkeys. Still, despite the anti-immigrant rhetoric, Jesus held no grudges and did a lot of good things for society. Shame the morals of the story have been forgotten in modern Britain.
Like I said RNF open your house doors open and fund their accommodation; medical, food and schooling.
Shade
It doesn't say how far they'd come from to fill the inns? Transport wasn't as easy to find as it is today - they might have only travelled 10 miles and be staying for the weekend.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:It doesn't say how far they'd come from to fill the inns? Transport wasn't as easy to find as it is today - they might have only travelled 10 miles and be staying for the weekend.
10 miles or 10,000 miles; a wall would have stopped them.
Shade
If it was good enough for the Chinese, then it's good enough for everyone else...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:If it was good enough for the Chinese, then it's good enough for everyone else...
ROR
confused.com
So RCS, that would be no refugees then, as per your OP
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:So RCS, that would be no refugees then, as per your OP
Indeed. I was wrong and taken in by false facts on the internet. Thanks for correcting me.
Red Duke
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
confused.com wrote:So RCS, that would be no refugees then, as per your OP
Indeed. I was wrong and taken in by false facts on the internet. Thanks for correcting me.
What!!!??? I am in a state of shock RCS. There are false facts on the internet! I just don't believe you. Here I am thinking that everything you read there is the absolute truth. Next thing you'll be saying that newspapers also lie and that what is printed in such titles as the Daily Mail is completely false.

Thank you for the enlightenment. I will now take everything I read with a complete dose of skepticism.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shocking Red Duke. Is only the Morpeth Herald sacred?