Jamie Oliver - Joke

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

confused.com
So he closes his establishment in Cheltenham (and 5 other locations), blaming Brexit !!! Did not realise Brexit (vote), had hit the people in Cheltenham so hard already!?! Seemingly more than in other parts of the UK, where he is staying open.

Why doesn't he grow a pair and give the real reason, instead of hiding behind a vote that has had very little material impact on the UK. Certainly not enough to be closing down, while new places are opening up and existing are still going strong.

Jump on a bandwagon Jamie to hide your failings
asl
I read that and wondered how he'd managed to make a link to Brexit, too...

I've eaten in one of his restaurants (in Reading, I think) and found it totally bland and uninspiring. Dull, run-of-the-mill menu; food that tasted okay - but nothing that leapt out and made me want to order it. Beyond the name above the door, there's no way of identifying it as anything other than just another middle-of-the-road chain eatery that's just slightly too expensive even to be value for money. Try playing spot the difference with his place and a Giraffe restaurant, for example.
confused.com
asl wrote:I read that and wondered how he'd managed to make a link to Brexit, too...

I've eaten in one of his restaurants (in Reading, I think) and found it totally bland and uninspiring. Dull, run-of-the-mill menu; food that tasted okay - but nothing that leapt out and made me want to order it. Beyond the name above the door, there's no way of identifying it as anything other than just another middle-of-the-road chain eatery that's just slightly too expensive even to be value for money. Try playing spot the difference with his place and a Giraffe restaurant, for example.
you are forgetting the oh so funky napkins that look like a drying up cloth. If that is not worth paying a bit extra for, what is !!!! :lol:

Have to say, breakfast at The Restoration has more taste to it that anything I have eaten eaten at Jamies, especially now that it is owned by Butcombes
Red Duke
He is a great chef but just because you are expert in one area doesn't mean you are in another such as running a business. It is a mistake made by so many called "entrepreneurs" whose businesses fail.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Only link to Brexit could be exchange rates and increased difficulty busing in gangmaster workers from CEECs.

Much more likely that increased minimum wages from (poverty wages to precarious wages) and efforts to make sure tips go to shop floor workers rather than company coffers means his profits will be reduced (from huge to moderate), and so he will be closing stores in high rent locations (eg Cheltenham).
Shade
I've never heard anyone with a good word to say about the place.
kora
I didn't realise we had one, so I certainly won't miss it.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
It is a lovely building. Hopefully won't stay closed for long before someone else moves in. Be a shame for such a fine space to be vacant.
Malabus
Didn't realise Australia was leaving the monstrous EU. What his lame excuse for this http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... lapse.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;