I'm very hard to please regarding movies.

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
But I've just seen a brilliant film called Passengers and I highly recommend if you like sci-fi.
Ralph
it looked interesting but there were a lot of bad reviews for it. Best film for me in 2016 was the Accountant..
Malabus
Ralph wrote:it looked interesting but there were a lot of bad reviews for it. Best film for me in 2016 was the Accountant..
I guess the film was a bit like marmite. Reflects many levels of human emotions. I must admit the film did go flat towards the end, but its quite enjoyable. I'm going to watch The Accountant soon.
Ralph
you'll enjoy it

Just saw Suicide Squad and War Dogs on Netflix. Both good too
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:
Ralph wrote:it looked interesting but there were a lot of bad reviews for it. Best film for me in 2016 was the Accountant..
I guess the film was a bit like marmite. Reflects many levels of human emotions.
Bored man wakes up a woman essentially trapping her alone with him without her permission in some sort of coercive relationship?
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Malabus wrote:
I guess the film was a bit like marmite. Reflects many levels of human emotions.
Bored man wakes up a woman essentially trapping her alone with him without her permission in some sort of coercive relationship?
Film will be too complicated for you RCS, don't waste your money.
Shade
I go to the cinema pretty much every week and keep a facebook list of short reviews and ratings (otherwise I forget what's what!).
The Accountant was also my top film in 2016. Gave it 9.5/10. A Star Wars Story: Rogue One and The Infiltrator were second with 9/10. Allied, The Nice Guys and Me Before You were next with 8.5's.
Ralph
I go often too. Tickets are way better priced here. Equal to five pound max during the day and that can Inc a small popcorn sometimes too. Always makes me growl when I see the costs at the one in Cheltenham even though it's nice there
Shade
Going as often as I do I have the Cineworld Unlimited card. Works out to about £4.20 per film per month if I go 50 times a year, which I did last year, which is a saving of about £7 per film in evening prices. 25% off food and drink too, which leaves it still hideously overpriced for a regular Coke, but better than a kick in the nuts.
Ralph
Shade wrote:Going as often as I do I have the Cineworld Unlimited card. Works out to about £4.20 per film per month if I go 50 times a year, which I did last year, which is a saving of about £7 per film in evening prices. 25% off food and drink too, which leaves it still hideously overpriced for a regular Coke, but better than a kick in the nuts.
i go twice each time i'm over. I saw that deal you had too. Good value. Ever done the VIP room thing?
Shade
Ralph wrote:
Shade wrote:Going as often as I do I have the Cineworld Unlimited card. Works out to about £4.20 per film per month if I go 50 times a year, which I did last year, which is a saving of about £7 per film in evening prices. 25% off food and drink too, which leaves it still hideously overpriced for a regular Coke, but better than a kick in the nuts.
i go twice each time i'm over. I saw that deal you had too. Good value. Ever done the VIP room thing?
The Screening Rooms - I went for the first time to see Rogue One just before Christmas, actually. Cost me an extra fiver per person, but as it was my cinema buddies birthday I thought I'd treat her :lol: It was nice in there, only problem was that some chap had a pot of tea, cup and saucer and kept clunking them a lot, and someone kept dropping jelly beans on the hard floor :lol: But it still beat the people with rustley paper bags full of popcorn and the chavs with their feet up on top of the seat in front that can't keep their legs still.
Ralph
I've looked a couple of times but the cost as a one off purchase always scares me off lol. I could see 5 films here for the same price..
confused.com
Shade wrote:
Ralph wrote:
The Screening Rooms - I went for the first time to see Rogue One just before Christmas, actually. Cost me an extra fiver per person, but as it was my cinema buddies birthday I thought I'd treat her :lol: It was nice in there, only problem was that some chap had a pot of tea, cup and saucer and kept clunking them a lot, and someone kept dropping jelly beans on the hard floor :lol: But it still beat the people with rustley paper bags full of popcorn and the chavs with their feet up on top of the seat in front that can't keep their legs still.
And it keeps the working classes out. Much like the services on the M6 Toll
Shade
It is pricey, it will only be visited on a special occasion.

Definitely keeps the chavvies out, but unfortunately the young gobshites with cash on the hip were in there with their hipster hair, beards and thick rimmed glasses (how times change).