Defender coming in

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Robin
Apparently been playing in SPL this season, no ideas of names before anyone asks!
Nesty
Is it Adrian Mole ?
Hubert Parry
Will Boyle
Nesty
Hubert Parry wrote:Will Boyle
we are doomed
Hubert Parry
Why?
Nesty
what experience has Will Boyle had? he is 21 and has made 27 appearances mostly at National League level
horlickfanclub
He can do Billy and Munnsys dinner.
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/ ... d-to-cook/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

----mine to if its Spag Bol.

Fourteen games in the SPL is a bit more experience than our two young centre backs have. He is left sided too so O'Shaugh can move to left back.
little mo
His sister can sing a good song. :lol:
I-Love-CTFC
Willy Boyle is a bit of an unfortunte name :lol:
Robin
Anyone know anything about the lad? I have to say not impressed with another youngster, we need a big powerful defender who is used to the lower leagues not another youngster - I just hope GJ proves me wrong.

Also please not O'Shoggers at full back he's much better in the middle as the last two games have proven.
horlickfanclub
He plays better at full back than Cranston.
Robin
When I've seen him back there he looks unsure of himself and not a natural fit. If we want to replace Cranston then sign a left back don't move an up and coming centre back who has at times shown real promise to a positon he struggles in.
Reliant Robin
Will Boyle confirmed by Club
Hubert Parry
He could be a very shrewd signing. Appears to be highly thought of at Kilmarnock.
andgarod
18 month contract
Robin
Glad to see us looking a little more long term.
Malabus
Why wasn't we told about this by the mole...?
kags
Looks a good signing, still hoping we sign an experienced centre back and midfielder to compliment these youngsters. One of Downes/ Parslow to go surely.
paperboy
....Looks as if he has the potential to become the new Jack Deaman :)
horlickfanclub
Surprised he has not been signed by an SPL team.
THECHOIRBOY
Sounds like O Shaughnessy may be the one to miss out.

This guy sounds to have the basics. 6ft 4, left footed, and allegedly an organisor and talker
Robin
Why does O'Shaughnessy miss out he's been very good the last two games at centre back. For me more likely Parslow misses out on the sixteen.
Shade
Manny, Boyle, O'Shaughnessy...Downes and Parslow miss out.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I-Love-CTFC wrote:Willy Boyle is a bit of an unfortunte name :lol:
I heard we're going in for Dickie Warts as well.
Nesty
.... and Nobby Piles
paperboy
THECHOIRBOY wrote:Sounds like O Shaughnessy may be the one to miss out.

This guy sounds to have the basics. 6ft 4, left footed, and allegedly an organisor and talker
6' 2" according to Wikipedia.
Perhaps he's had a growth spurt.
THECHOIRBOY
GJ said 6 ft 4 in the interview.

Robin - only said O Shaugnessy missing out as we have been playing in a 4 recently so would guess it may be Manny and Boyle. If play 3 at the back, then yes maybe to O shaugnessy.

I See DOS maybe now covering LB and LCB in a 442 or maybe starting in 5 at the back. He may have played well in last few games but we need to find a winning formula and fast!!
Reliant Robin
He wanted to come back to England, apparently. I'm very pleased with this signing, although I'm aware some of our fans wanted a more experienced pro, I'd take a young and hungry player with some decent experience, over a journeyman footballer looking for an easy contract to see out the last year or so of his career. Will Boyle is an eye to the future, part of the rebuilding of the team with experienced young players. If we can keep Downesy in and around the squad at least as a defence coach, he could be a great mentor for young Will.
Robins Relic
paperboy wrote:
THECHOIRBOY wrote:Sounds like O Shaughnessy may be the one to miss out.

6' 2" according to Wikipedia.
Perhaps he's had a growth spurt.
Got his long studs in ready for playing on the cabbage patch
Horteng
Pretty grim reading on wiki but hope he does well for us!
Robin
Good spot Horteng, it appears he has a few loan spells where he has struggled for game time. For example two games at Kiddy during a month loan, 12 games in half a season for a relegated York team and 11 games for Kilmarnock in the SPL. Hopefully the lad is decent and remember Dickie was similar when we took him last year but it's certainly not the sort of experienced defender I was hoping for.
Del Boy
Welcome to the real world of January signings when you're in deep trouble.
longmover
Lets give the kid a chance before we start to rip him to pieces as he didnt score on his debut.
plymrob
Too late. There's a few on here who clearly have their own managerial expertise above and beyond that of GJ...

I say give bloke chance and then reflect on the bigger picture before lambasting them on here. We are seemingly critical of some before thy kick a ball for us in 2017.

Weird I know, but I respect and support any CTFC player wearing a Cheltenham Town shirt. You might expect that from Jack Deaman's mum - but Darren Wright's family are closely related. The Parslow and Cranston clans are first cousins. Please, back off and keep your criticisms to yourself... Some hope I know...

I am almost siding with RCS - so things are definitely looking good.

By the way... Plymouth Argyle are talking about a share holder restructuring (among a few) and a large, long term, several million pound loan (with agreed interest)... to deliver the new grandstand. It's for the good of club and giving something back to Plymouth, of course. As a ratepayer down here I feel I have already subsidised the club... and that grates. With their current FA Cup cash windfall, I wonder if the publicised loan terms may shortly change.

I need to add, Paul Baker and the Board seem to do a fine job for the Robins. If you want to be critical, please step up to the plate. The Plymouth fan-base and their opinion is one thing (no fan me unless the Robins are playing down here) - The Robin's catchment and fan base is chalk and cheese by comparison...

Oopps....!
confused.com
plymrob wrote:Too late. There's a few on here who clearly have their own managerial expertise above and beyond that of GJ...

I say give bloke chance and then reflect on the bigger picture before lambasting them on here. We are seemingly critical of some before thy kick a ball for us in 2017.

Weird I know, but I respect and support any CTFC player wearing a Cheltenham Town shirt. You might expect that from Jack Deaman's mum - but Darren Wright's family are closely related. The Parslow and Cranston clans are first cousins. Please, back off and keep your criticisms to yourself... Some hope I know...

I am almost siding with RCS - so things are definitely looking good.

By the way... Plymouth Argyle are talking about a share holder restructuring (among a few) and a large, long term, several million pound loan (with agreed interest)... to deliver the new grandstand. It's for the good of club and giving something back to Plymouth, of course. As a ratepayer down here I feel I have already subsidised the club... and that grates. With their current FA Cup cash windfall, I wonder if the publicised loan terms may shortly change.

I need to add, Paul Baker and the Board seem to do a fine job for the Robins. If you want to be critical, please step up to the plate. The Plymouth fan-base and their opinion is one thing (no fan me unless the Robins are playing down here) - The Robin's catchment and fan base is chalk and cheese by comparison...

Oopps....!

And the random, meaningless post award goes to ..............plymrob