What on earth?

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Who are these people who are too stupid to drive?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38563380" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
I did the quiz on that page and I would like to argue with the person who did the illustrations, if I could be bothered.

*Spoiler Alert - do the quiz first if you're going to*
I got number 5 wrong, but on the illustration you can clearly see a solid white line on the left with enough width to get a vehicle down it.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:I did the quiz on that page and I would like to argue with the person who did the illustrations, if I could be bothered.

*Spoiler Alert - do the quiz first if you're going to*
I got number 5 wrong, but on the illustration you can clearly see a solid white line on the left with enough width to get a vehicle down it.
The area of light grey to left of the line is nowhere near wide enough for a hard shoulder. Hard shoulders are the width of a normal lane.
Shade
You don't know how far it extends off the side of the picture though. There is no barrier, ditch or hedge depicting that is the edge of the lane. ;)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:You don't know how far it extends off the side of the picture though. There is no barrier, ditch or hedge depicting that is the edge of the lane. ;)
Incorrect. Note I said LIGHT grey. Image reproduced below for your benefit, where you will see the light grey to the left of the white line is very narrow before changing to dark grey.

The dark grey is to the left of the road, and would be to the left of the hard shoulder harder if there was one as per other questions in the quiz - notably Q1 and Q2 where the left of the four lanes is the hard shoulder (ie. between the two solid lines) as shown below.

Got it now?
asl
It must be a very confusing quiz for BMW drivers who have never noticed two lanes to their left - let alone *three*...
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Shade wrote:You don't know how far it extends off the side of the picture though. There is no barrier, ditch or hedge depicting that is the edge of the lane. ;)
Incorrect. Note I said LIGHT grey. Image reproduced below for your benefit, where you will see the light grey to the left of the white line is very narrow before changing to dark grey.

The dark grey is to the left of the road, and would be to the left of the hard shoulder harder if there was one as per other questions in the quiz - notably Q1 and Q2 where the left of the four lanes is the hard shoulder (ie. between the two solid lines) as shown below.

Got it now?
1) YOU said light grey, not the quiz makers.
2) I'm colourblind. That should be taken into consideration by quiz makers and road maintenance people all across the world.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I did not know you were colourblind. And good point re: Quiz makers.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:It must be a very confusing quiz for BMW drivers who have never noticed two lanes to their left - let alone *three*...
Lol. At least some BMWs seem to have breaks and a desire not to die. I find Vauxhall Insignia's the worst. Can't remember ever seeing one not doing something illegal, dangerous or selfish on the motorway.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
More evidence of either incompetence or knobbery - neither should be allowed to drive.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01 ... s-aa-boss/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;