Close to No. 5

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Fuller
http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/ch ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How close is close ?
Hubert Parry
I recall seeing him a couple of times when Oldham have been on the TV and he looked lively.

A lot of games in League One for a player so young. Perhaps he is the type who would thrive within a new environment (e.g. Sido Jombati).
CS85
Not as close as it was before the mole contacted the echo and let the cat out the bag.
confused.com
Coming from Linfield I am sure he is grounded and hard working. Welcome!!
Artemis
Sounds like a direct replacement for Danny Whitehead. Welcome.
Robin
This was mentioned some time ago on here, sounds promising and I guess competition/replacement for Munns or Dayton.
Shade
Seems a little odd that Oldham are letting him go and he's coming to us after 120 appearances at a higher level by the age of 22. Not that I'm against that. Maybe it's another case of the Gary Johnson effect.
Artemis
Given they're bottom of league 1, I expect Oldham are doing a player refresh.....and moving a few on, just as I expect we will do in the coming couple of weeks.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:Coming from Linfield I am sure he is grounded and hard working. Welcome!!
And hopefully not a divisive bitter character with grudges which no one else cares about.
andgarod
Robin wrote:This was mentioned some time ago on here, sounds promising and I guess competition/replacement for Munns or Dayton.
Very unfair to pick these 2 out when we could be looking at replace Hall or timebomb storer just as much as Munns and Dayton or Rowe. The only midfielder that is not on the list would be Pell
Shade
andgarod wrote:
Robin wrote:This was mentioned some time ago on here, sounds promising and I guess competition/replacement for Munns or Dayton.
Very unfair to pick these 2 out when we could be looking at replace Hall or timebomb storer just as much as Munns and Dayton or Rowe. The only midfielder that is not on the list would be Pell
I believe he said Munns and Dayton as the article describes him as an attacking midfielder.
confused.com
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
confused.com wrote:Coming from Linfield I am sure he is grounded and hard working. Welcome!!
And hopefully not a divisive bitter character with grudges which no one else cares about.

Nothing like a bit of sterotyping to make the world go round
Robin
Artemis wrote:Given they're bottom of league 1, I expect Oldham are doing a player refresh.....and moving a few on, just as I expect we will do in the coming couple of weeks.

Given that we released six players (five loans, Cooper), loaned another out (Lymm) then I would be surprised if we released many players unless there are another 2-3 players coming in.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

Nothing like a bit of sterotyping to make the world go round
Just countering your unfounded positive stereotype with an even more exaggerated negative one. Though the playground style antics of the governing parties this week are doing their best to prove me right.
asl
Artemis wrote:Sounds like a direct replacement for Danny Whitehead. Welcome.
You mean he's going to be signed and then never heard of again??
confused.com
RCS, I merely meant that coming from part time football, which also has to take on the exertions of European football. It tends to produce players who are not found wanting in the effort and non prima Donna areas.
Have to agree on your last post. If we called an election every time a minister made a mistake, we would never be out of the ballot office
FOD_Wyman_2010
This chap has racked up a lot of games in League One and is still young. Oldham fans really like him too. If we can get this chap on a permanent deal, looks a very good piece of business.