Highlights

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
As we won, and scored 6, I think they deserve a thread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgVvJfKAPfs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Great to see Amari finally score and his assist for Diego's hat-trick was class.
Artemis
f#!$ me, that third was a bit classy
confused.com
Ralph / RCS - take a look at who lost their man for the Leics goal and who the rest of the defence was looking at for an explanation
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:Ralph / RCS - take a look at who lost their man for the Leics goal and who the rest of the defence was looking at for an explanation
These things happen. If you are going to be fair, rather than picking on one player I assume you will look next at every goal we have conceded and tally up who makes the vital fatal mistake for each one.

Then also add up minutes played by each of these players. And then work out who leads to the most goals per minute played.

And this doesn't necessarily mean the last mistake before conceding, but the vital one. Eg if JC is out of position and lets a player in one on one vs Downes who inexplicably falls over the fault is with JC not AD. Similarly, if AD passes to KS, so JC moves forward to attack, and KS gets tackled and the opponent breaks into the space vacated by JC who can't get back then the vital fault is with KS.

Once you have done this for every goal, show us the stats and if JC is the worst offender in terms of goals per minute I will accept your targeted criticism. If not, I do not accept there is evidence to suggest JC deserves daily criticism above and beyond what other under-performers receive. My money would be on KS, AD, DP all being worse.
confused.com
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
confused.com wrote:Ralph / RCS - take a look at who lost their man for the Leics goal and who the rest of the defence was looking at for an explanation
These things happen. If you are going to be fair, rather than picking on one player I assume you will look next at every goal we have conceded and tally up who makes the vital fatal mistake for each one.

Then also add up minutes played by each of these players. And then work out who leads to the most goals per minute played.

And this doesn't necessarily mean the last mistake before conceding, but the vital one. Eg if JC is out of position and lets a player in one on one vs Downes who inexplicably falls over the fault is with JC not AD. Similarly, if AD passes to KS, so JC moves forward to attack, and KS gets tackled and the opponent breaks into the space vacated by JC who can't get back then the vital fault is with KS.

Once you have done this for every goal, show us the stats and if JC is the worst offender in terms of goals per minute I will accept your targeted criticism. If not, I do not accept there is evidence to suggest JC deserves daily criticism above and beyond what other under-performers receive. My money would be on KS, AD, DP all being worse.
Sad state of affairs when you want to be discussing who is the worst of the bunch. Comment is in relation to my 'negative remarks ' at half time. Also as Shade has posted elsewhere, this happens 2 or 3 time a match. I still believe that NO defender should lose his man that easily or that often.
In your scenarios above a) I would put JC down as a definite assist. b) nobody would blame JC for that one, he is obv under orders to get forward as often as possible.
Also I believe when reading these threads all those you name come under daily criticism. And also believe the regularly losing your man (because he does), is unacceptable. It is not due to a mistake, not down to just not being good enough. It is lack on concentration and lack of effort to get back to rectify that.
I won't go on about it any more. There are those on here who see the same issues and those like your good self who see it as being on a par with other lesser performers in the team.
Shade
I'm with you confused. JC's defensive positioning and tackling ability is very poor. Add to that his crossing has obviously not been very good as I don't think he has any assists. But we must support our players...
Shade
confused.com wrote:
Sad state of affairs when you want to be discussing who is the worst of the bunch. Comment is in relation to my 'negative remarks ' at half time. Also as Shade has posted elsewhere, this happens 2 or 3 time a match. I still believe that NO defender should lose his man that easily or that often.
In your scenarios above a) I would put JC down as a definite assist. b) nobody would blame JC for that one, he is obv under orders to get forward as often as possible.
Also I believe when reading these threads all those you name come under daily criticism. And also believe the regularly losing your man (because he does), is unacceptable. It is not due to a mistake, not down to just not being good enough. It is lack on concentration and lack of effort to get back to rectify that.
I won't go on about it any more. There are those on here who see the same issues and those like your good self who see it as being on a par with other lesser performers in the team.
+1 ;)
asl
Chuff me, that Leicester keeper needs to start thinking of an alternate career...
Reliant Robin
asl wrote:Chuff me, that Leicester keeper needs to start thinking of an alternate career...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spot on !
THECHOIRBOY
Whilst I know Ben Hamer came off and was not in goal all game, his Soccerbase stats make depressing reading.

Last 2 games
7th December - Porto 5 - Leicester 0
10th Jan - Cheltenham 6 - Leicester U23 1

Let's hope he joins a team in L2 and we play them in February and score 7 to keep his run going!
Shade
He had just taken a blow to the head for our second and wanted to come off before that as he reckoned he couldn't see properly, apparently.
drgm
Yep Jordan Cranston at fault for their goal
He has to do the basics right. If you're a defender you have to be goal-side of the attacker and at the very least be paying attention.
CTFC03
We've got to get a new LB, top half L2 teams aren't stupid, they'll know who to target.