New Singing

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Clothears
Congrats you have now signed the only bit of talent Oldham Athletic had left... enjoy Winiesta...
confused.com
Clothears wrote:Congrats you have now signed the only bit of talent Oldham Athletic had left... enjoy Winiesta...
nice to hear. Any idea why he was let go ?
Clothears
confused.com wrote:
Clothears wrote:Congrats you have now signed the only bit of talent Oldham Athletic had left... enjoy Winiesta...
nice to hear. Any idea why he was let go ?
Too much talent ...not enough of a clogger for the current Oldham Team, and if any transfer money is involved they need it!
Clothears
Too much talent for the current team... not a clogger or hoofer type of player... hope you see him at his best as he's a lovely player to watch. Sure Gary Johnson will get the best out of him his son Lee Johnson did... player of the season that year, players player of the season as well. Since then suffered from numerous management changes who all brought their own cloggers in.
horlickfanclub
Encouraging endorsements.What is his best position please?
FOD_Wyman_2010
Hopefully we will hear some positive news at the presser this morning. This lad seems a little too good to be true really.
Reliant Robin
If this New Signing is confirmed, I shall definitely look forward to the "New Singing" about him on the Terrace.

We've bagged a good-un, just hope we get the signature asap.

Sounds like Oldham are in deep excreta.
Flux
Not the Oldham player that everyone expected then

Sounds promising if/when confirmed
Shade
Flux wrote:Not the Oldham player that everyone expected then

Sounds promising if/when confirmed
Yeah, the same player. Or did you mean he's likely a better player than people expected?
confused.com
Still no pic of him after signing...... another Echo non story ? Hope not
Robin
Yes, I am wondering when this one (and the other one GJ hoped to be in for Saturday) will be announced. This lad sounds promising but I think a few of us were expecting a tough tackling midfielder to come in rather than a creative one.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:Still no pic of him after signing...... another Echo non story ? Hope not
Once the mole leaked Oldham were letting him go and the player was set to leave, agents from a higher positioned club with more money may have swooped.

Let us see if it is announced this week, or in February when Gary's list of deals scuppered by the mole is released.
confused.com
Robin wrote:Yes, I am wondering when this one (and the other one GJ hoped to be in for Saturday) will be announced. This lad sounds promising but I think a few of us were expecting a tough tackling midfielder to come in rather than a creative one.
Maybe he can be both?
everyman
confused.com wrote:
Robin wrote:Yes, I am wondering when this one (and the other one GJ hoped to be in for Saturday) will be announced. This lad sounds promising but I think a few of us were expecting a tough tackling midfielder to come in rather than a creative one.
Maybe he can be both?
He seems to be a pretty footballer without stamina.(Wrighty had problem with stamina before his diet was changed) ?
horlickfanclub
I don't think you can be Supporters and Players Player of the year by just being pretty or lacking stamina.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
everyman wrote:
confused.com wrote:
Maybe he can be both?
He seems to be a pretty footballer without stamina.(Wrighty had problem with stamina before his diet was changed) ?
Yes, Wright was discovered to have a gluten allergy when we signed him.

I have a couple of friends who have STs at Gateshead, and they could not believe the transformation. His face shape especially, and also his torso, were much leaner and thinner than when he was at the Heed. He was a bit of joke figure there for his weight and lack of pace and mobility.
CTFCfan99
Oldham have just announced they've sacked their manager and brought in John Sheridan to replace him...wonder if that will affect the deal?
horlickfanclub
He has signed for CTFC
Si Robin
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
More new blood and enthusiasm to boost the mood and confidence.

Welcome Carl.
Shade
I feel an air of optimism poking his head through the grey, snowy clouds again.
Johnsons Red Army
Welcome to CTFC, Carl :) .
Malabus
What does this mean for Storer and injury prone Hall.
FOD_Wyman_2010
Brilliant signing. Supporters and players player of the year as well as Oldham fan's reaction speak volumes.
confused.com
Hopefully his arrival well lessen the impact of Pell missing for a couple of games
confused.com
It's a good move for Amari. Personally never thought he looked the part even last season. He showed the odd glimpse, but not enough to hold down a L2 place or dare I say it a conference wining team? Good luck to him, he persevered with 15 min spells for us
Shade
Reading the Oldham forum, it seems he's a bit marmite but the general consensus is he will a) find it easy down in League 2 and b) being coached by Gary Johnson will get the best out of him.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Reading the Oldham forum, it seems he's a bit marmite but the general consensus is he will a) find it easy down in League 2 and b) being coached by Gary Johnson will get the best out of him.
Hope so. And hope he is not marmite or else there will be people on here moaning on about boo-boys.
Robin
Malabus wrote:What does this mean for Storer and injury prone Hall.
Hopefully nothing, if he's an attacking midfielder as described this is competition for Munns and Dayton.
Artemis
I was wondering where this leaves Munnsie. Apart from on the bench if hes lucky...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Artemis wrote:I was wondering where this leaves Munnsie. Apart from on the bench if hes lucky...
As per last season, Munns can't play home games in the second half of the season due to the pitch.
leohoenig
According the James Young's piece in the Echo tonight,
http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/ch ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The squad now stands at 24, but this includes
Rhys Lovett, Jordan Lymn (both out on loan, but can be recalled), Adam Page (long term injury) and Matt Bower (liable to go out on loan to non-league)

I would be very surprised if any of the other 20/21 (depending on whether the final club is added to the bag) fails to make the field between now and the end of the season

For the record, the 20:
Scott Brown, Calum Kitscha; Jack Barthram, Jordan Cranston, Alex Pike; Aaron Downes, Will Boyle, Emmanuel Onariase, Dan O'Shaughnessy; Kyle Storer, Harry Pell, Jack Munns, Asa Hall, James Rowe, James Dayton, Carl Winchester; Danny Wright, Dan Holman, Billy Waters, Diego de Girolamo
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Survival not in doubt with that squad.
theidlerich
RCS - I do hope your optimism is realised. I'll let you know after to-days game when I hope to see our 'new squad' in action for the first time.
confused.com
Now now, no negativity allowed in these parts. Please repeat.... we have now got a team of world beaters (even though we have yet to see some of them in anger). Hope we do, but time will tell