Comedy fail from Old Tom Cat

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77332" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ralph
FGR are on the rails. OTC 5-0 win lol
Ralph
Lady Magpie there is another one that licks DV shoes. Says today you have to be positive to support the club lol. It's a sinking ship. All the players go there for is the money. No other motivation
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Lady Magpie must be married or related to OTC
Both deluded fools. For their sake I wish they'd ditch FGR and come and come and follow CTFC, a proper club.
The Old TomCat
Reply on FGR website kindly supplied above by RCS.
Enjoy.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Lol, the reply is almost as funny as the original forecast. Cheltenham are not going down.
Ralph
OTC. As I'm not able to register for your forum due to needing to put in my address and number etc, I'll say it here. The mods on your forum don't allow negativity, none at all. Fact is your season is going down the tubes but you and Lady Magpie are just voices for the owner. You will make the playoffs but that's it
The Old TomCat
RCS & Ralph,

Please be aware that Lady Magpie is a very elderly housebound FGR fan who does an enormous amount of web work for club.
I have never met this person so cannot personally defend her but I ask that you both have a bit of respect for genuine fans of other clubs.
Thank you
OTC

COYR
longmover
I dont understand the point of an official club forum? Completely pointless and misses the point of a 'club forum'.
Ralph
The Old TomCat wrote:RCS & Ralph,

Please be aware that Lady Magpie is a very elderly housebound FGR fan who does an enormous amount of web work for club.
I have never met this person so cannot personally defend her but I ask that you both have a bit of respect for genuine fans of other clubs.
Thank you
OTC

COYR
Then you should stop coming on here stirring the trouble all the time OTC. Stay on your official regulated forum as a mouthpiece of DV.

We are football league and will be next season. You are Park aka NON League and will be next season.
asl
I'm going to stand up for OTC, I'm afraid: 9 times out of 10 (one of which is this very thread), he does not instigate any 'banter' on the Nest. More often than not (such as this thread) he is goaded into responding to such 'banter' from CTFC fans. Personally, I do not know what the obsession is with sniping at a team that are, what, five places below us in the pyramid? Last year, we absolutely earned our bragging rights over them but, given our somewhat precarious position, we'd do very well to remember where we came from so very recently and put all our efforts into making sure we don't go straight back there at the first time of asking.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl, thanks for knocking some sense into me and this thread which has sunk to a low even by my trolling standards.

OTC apologies to you and Lady Magpie - sorry things got so personal. I respect you both as passionate fans, even though I have disrespected your views

I won't instigate any more slanging matches about OTC.
Ralph
He brings it on himself. He's quite happy to trash us over on the regulated and heavily moderated FGR forum then wanders over here as well. He needs to pipe down
The Old TomCat
longmover wrote:I dont understand the point of an official club forum? Completely pointless and misses the point of a 'club forum'.
In reply I will say that Ralph has been putting out a lot of misinformation about the FRG forum.
Ralph complains that FGR require his address but that no different to other forums.
It is true that Ecotricity fund it they but don’t have any hands on approach. That is left to the fans through Moderators. In fact it is one of the better football forums in the country.
Take my word but the forum is far from pointless and gets a wide range of different opinions.
Currently there is a lot of discussion concerning the sale of Charlie Clough to Barnett - both for and against.
The standard of intelligent posts on the forum is second to none For instance we have a former speechwriter to Prime Ministers John Major and Tony Blair regularly adding his thoughts (plus those from more than a few head schoolteachers and top businessmen). Additionally we have a fan who regularly writes probably one of the wittiest and accurate reports of games that he has attended. They were included in a book about last season, written by a fan, that has raised over £40,000 for charity.
Oh yes the level of discussion concerning debateable decisions is excellent. For instance FGR had a goal disallowed in last game – one that the manager thought the match officials got wrong. At end of debate it was more-or-less agreed that unfortunately the officials got it right. I’ve rarely seen that in other clubs forums.
Oh yes we also have a poetry thread. I’m not sure if any other club has same.

I'd like to thank asl for his post and also appreciate RCS's last one.
Last edited by The Old TomCat on 24 Jan 2017, 15:43, edited 1 time in total.
The Old TomCat
Ralph wrote:He brings it on himself. He's quite happy to trash us over on the regulated and heavily moderated FGR forum then wanders over here as well. He needs to pipe down

Other posts on this thread have been of late very conciliatory and I will therefore reply in same manner.
Ralph, you’ve made a number of accusations in this post and all are false.
He brings it on himself.
Not so as ASL has confirmed. Last season you made same allegation and when challenged trawled through my posts and found nothing written untowards against CTFC.
He's quite happy to trash us over on the regulated and heavily moderated FGR forum then wanders over here as well.
Another false statement, which I have party addressed on previous post. Truth be told CTFC are not mentioned on the FGR forum so I cannot and do not trash CTFC.
He needs to pipe down
Excuse me but I actually pay to attend games at WR (unlike yourself) so have more right than you to express my opinions.

I read that you are one of the Moderators on this site but I hope another Moderator reads this thread and messages you to stop your unpleasant anti-FGR campaign. You live outside the country so probably don’t know any FGR supporters but we who live in Gloucestershire and are CTFC & FGR fans live and work together in harmony and friendship.
Si Robin
In fairness OTC, normally I'd agree with you, until I saw this:
I guess he expects me to start a prediction league on his website. Would be easy - Cheltenham to lose 1-2, 1-3, 0-2 for remainder of season.
I guess a ElGosico match next season in the National League is fast becoming possible and season after next Cheltenham will have the luxury of a ElGlosico match in NL(N) against Gloucester City while FGR are playing in the Football League.
If that isn't trashing CTFC, then I'm not sure what is...it may be in response to Ralph and RCS, but it does paint you in a pretty poor light.
The Old TomCat
Si Robin wrote:In fairness OTC, normally I'd agree with you, until I saw this:
I guess he expects me to start a prediction league on his website. Would be easy - Cheltenham to lose 1-2, 1-3, 0-2 for remainder of season.
I guess a ElGosico match next season in the National League is fast becoming possible and season after next Cheltenham will have the luxury of a ElGlosico match in NL(N) against Gloucester City while FGR are playing in the Football League.
If that isn't trashing CTFC, then I'm not sure what is...it may be in response to Ralph and RCS, but it does paint you in a pretty poor light.
Yes, absolutely but done with tongue in cheek in respect of first post on this thread.
I knew full well that it would be read by guys on this site.
Seems it is you who have the humour fail as per thread title.
Ralph
The Old TomCat wrote: Ralph complains that FGR require his address but that no different to other forums.
I have never ever been asked for my physical address on any forum on the internet since the internet was actually created
The Old TomCat wrote: It is true that Ecotricity fund it they but don’t have any hands on approach. That is left to the fans through Moderators. In fact it is one of the better football forums in the country.
You are wrong. I read your forum and posts taking shots at DV and Ecotricity have been deleted. Negativity is frowned upon greatly

As for replies to your other thread. I've paid to see 5 games at home this season. More than you?

Yes you were trashing CTFC last season and i proved it posting your comments on here.

I'll cut you some slack OTC in the future but don't lie on here about stuff. That is not good..

I'll leave you alone now
Red Duke
Ralph wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote: Ralph complains that FGR require his address but that no different to other forums.
I have never ever been asked for my physical address on any forum on the internet since the internet was actually created
The Old TomCat wrote: It is true that Ecotricity fund it they but don’t have any hands on approach. That is left to the fans through Moderators. In fact it is one of the better football forums in the country.
You are wrong. I read your forum and posts taking shots at DV and Ecotricity have been deleted. Negativity is frowned upon greatly

As for replies to your other thread. I've paid to see 5 games at home this season. More than you?

Yes you were trashing CTFC last season and i proved it posting your comments on here.

I'll cut you some slack OTC in the future but don't lie on here about stuff. That is not good..

I'll leave you alone now
OTC is not lying about stuff, he is giving alternative facts....
The Old TomCat
Ralph wrote:I'll cut you some slack OTC in the future but don't lie on here about stuff. That is not good..

I'll leave you alone now
I do not lie or offer alternate facts.

I'll leave you alone now
Thank you
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
The below quote from you is an alternative fact. It is plainly is not true.
The Old TomCat wrote:
Ralph complains that FGR require his address but that no different to other forums.
Ralph
Red Duke wrote:
Ralph wrote:

I'll leave you alone now
OTC is not lying about stuff, he is giving alternative facts....
Donald Trump fact checker app or something
Ralph
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
The below quote from you is an alternative fact. It is plainly is not true.
The Old TomCat wrote:
If you RCS or anyone can name one forum where you have to give your full mailing address, contact phone number

so they can "verify" you more quickly, just let me know

Address: *
Please enter your address. This will aid us in verifying you quickly.

Contact Number: *
Please enter a contact number. This will aid us in verifying you quickly.

I'm sure Ecotricity appreciate the marketing info

I suppose there is some other forum out there where this info is req but i've not seen it in all the years i've been on the internet from looking at that Compuserve CD the very first time in the really early 90's
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I have never seen that on any other forum.
Ralph
Thank you RCS
Chris FGR
Official club fans forums are unusual, ours has definiitely been heavily moderated over the years which I suppose is understandable given it's official nature.

One or two incidents spring to mind that have been a bit much, including someone recieving a late night phone call from the club warning him about some comments he'd made, plus the cover up/denial of an incident when our former asistant manager tried to voult over a barrier to attack one of our fans, despite there being a lot of eye witnesses, including me.

Prefer using other social media outlets if I want a rant.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Chris FGR wrote:Official club fans forums are unusual, ours has definitely been heavily moderated over the years which I suppose is understandable given it's official nature.

One or two incidents spring to mind that have been a bit much, including someone receiving a late night phone call from the club warning him about some comments he'd made, plus the cover up/denial of an incident when our former assistant manager tried to vault over a barrier to attack one of our fans, despite there being a lot of eye witnesses, including me.

Prefer using other social media outlets if I want a rant.
My word, proper Stasi stuff that!
baggy89
The Old TomCat wrote:
longmover wrote:I dont understand the point of an official club forum? Completely pointless and misses the point of a 'club forum'.
In reply I will say that Ralph has been putting out a lot of misinformation about the FRG forum.
It is true that Ecotricity fund it they but don’t have any hands on approach. That is left to the fans through Moderators. In fact it is one of the better football forums in the country.
Take my word but the forum is far from pointless and gets a wide range of different opinions.
Currently there is a lot of discussion concerning the sale of Charlie Clough to Barnett - both for and against.
The standard of intelligent posts on the forum is second to none For instance we have a former speechwriter to Prime Ministers John Major and Tony Blair regularly adding his thoughts (plus those from more than a few head schoolteachers and top businessmen). Additionally we have a fan who regularly writes probably one of the wittiest and accurate reports of games that he has attended. They were included in a book about last season, written by a fan, that has raised over £40,000 for charity.
Oh yes the level of discussion concerning debateable decisions is excellent. For instance FGR had a goal disallowed in last game – one that the manager thought the match officials got wrong. At end of debate it was more-or-less agreed that unfortunately the officials got it right. I’ve rarely seen that in other clubs forums.
Oh yes we also have a poetry thread
. I’m not sure if any other club has same.

I'd like to thank asl for his post and also appreciate RCS's last one.
Oooft! If Carlsberg made football forums it wouldn't be this one.

Aberdeen had a club run "official" forum back in the 90's, got shut down for various potentially libelous threads. I think there were also late night visits and phone calls to people who were not the most vociferous in backing the club publicly. Seems ridiculous that 20 years later there are still clubs who feel it is a good idea.
The Old TomCat
Hi Ralph, Hi RCS,

I know that you guys will be really pleased to know that a friend of Cheltenham Town FC and occasional visitor to Whaddon Road (The Old TomCat) has received an award at FGR's end of season presentations.
Check out 18 min 15 secs of video
https://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/new ... s-revealed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You might also like to check out the shortlist of goals of season at 19 min 40 secs of video.
I voted for Darren Carter's goal v Wrexham. Fantastic teamwork.

COYR
asl
Congratulations! You may not realise, but you're actually on the shortlist for CTFC Supporter of the Year at our end of the County, too. Fingers crossed, eh?
The Old TomCat
asl wrote:Congratulations! You may not realise, but you're actually on the shortlist for CTFC Supporter of the Year at our end of the County, too. Fingers crossed, eh?
:lol:
Shade
Well done OTC, I know you get a bashing on here but it's good to know that your club still has genuine people left at it ;)
The Old TomCat
Shade wrote:Well done OTC, I know you get a bashing on here but it's good to know that your club still has genuine people left at it ;)
Thanks Shade and thanks ASL, much appreciated your congrats.
As a Bonus I've been invited as special guest to watch the game on Saturday at York in the home sides Director's Box.
Chuffed to bits about it. Will be first time I've ever had that honour.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
Shade wrote:Well done OTC, I know you get a bllashifng on here but it's good to know that your club still has genuine people left at it ;)
Rp
Thanks Shade and thanks ASL, much appreciated your congrats.
As a Bonus I've been invited as special guest to watch the game on Saturday at York in the home sides Director's Box.
Chuffed to bits about it. Will be first time I've ever had that honour.
Enjoy it.
Ralph
We better name a stand after Alan Brown then...