PSG gone for a Burton

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
What a mad finale. Talk about bottling it.
Ralph
i remember your previous "comments" on what you thought of Barca and their style too..
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:i remember your previous "comments" on what you thought of Barca and their style too..
Indeed. Last night they played a high press and very direct style and got the reward. No tiki taka in sight. Pep on the other hand sticks to tiki taka and gets a 0-0 with Stoke!

Huge dive by Suarez for the 5th goal, so still typical Barca cheating their way through in that respect.
Shade
Neymar and especially Suarez were a disgrace. We already knew the sportmanship is virtually dead at Barça and with Suarez especially. Two correct bookings for diving but ref got the big one wrong, should have sent Suarez off instead of awarding the penalty that levelled the aggregate scores.

Barça following in the footsteps of Cheltenham in terms of when goals were score, it just took them 180mins + and all that diving to achieve the same result :P
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Refereeing and cheating has been integral to their success for years. Pep would always come out pre-match talking about Refs need to protect them and stop other teams fouling them. Then in the big games if you ran near a Barca player they'd be on the floor with ten team mates hounding the Ref for a booking. Yet if you won the ball and counter attacked, Busquets would push or slice you down every time, and never get booked. It was the hypocrisy of bleating about being fouled whislt being the dirtiest and most cynical side in the latter stages of the CL which I despised.

At least last night it was proper rough and tumble.
Coops
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Refereeing and cheating has been integral to their success for years. Pep would always come out pre-match talking about Refs need to protect them and stop other teams fouling them. Then in the big games if you ran near a Barca player they'd be on the floor with ten team mates hounding the Ref for a booking. Yet if you won the ball and counter attacked, Busquets would push or slice you down every time, and never get booked. It was the hypocrisy of bleating about being fouled whislt being the dirtiest and most cynical side in the latter stages of the CL which I despised.

At least last night it was proper rough and tumble.
Wind the clock back to 1970 and Leeds United
Shade
Yep, Leeds weren't/aren't very well liked either...