And today at FGR, they lose to N Ferriby at home..

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ralph
:lol: Part timers North Ferriby one from bottom Congrats!

Form table copied from a post by Old TurnCoat on the FGR forum (for effect purposes only) :lol:

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Copied from the same thread in which he forecast 5-0 home win! The delusion never ceases!

Title race over for them now. Lincoln and Tranmere both ahead and with games in hand.
Ralph
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Copied from the same thread in which he forecast 5-0 home win! The delusion never ceases!

Title race over for them now. Lincoln and Tranmere both ahead and with games in hand.
Yeah saw that too :lol:

Playoffs it is for them then
ctfc-fan
According to Mark Cooper he picked a team that was 'full of goals'. Um, ok then! Ha ha ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ralph
His interview tonight i think with Bob Hunt on the radio got him a little testy with some good questions asked.

DV "we will win the league" looks a little off now. I bet Coopers happy he signed a five year deal. Nice pay off if it all goes wrong
London Exile
Ralph wrote:His interview tonight i think with Bob Hunt on the radio got him a little testy with some good questions asked.

DV "we will win the league" looks a little off now. I bet Coopers happy he signed a five year deal. Nice pay off if it all goes wrong
It's coming if they don't go up!
Ralph
I think he'll get another year and DV will throw a stack more cash at it. The starting 11 now is nothing like it was at the start of the season. Maybe Ady P wasn't so bad after all
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Pennock had a good team, better than the current one. It was his ineptitude which cost him his job. Epic underachievement. Gary would have got 120+ points with that squad.
Ralph
And he was fired for coming 2nd iirc.. So if Cooper comes worse than that, then he should be fired too.. Oh yeah, that 5 yr contract :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Vince should sack the overpaid, over-hair gelled wide boy after the upcoming play-off failure if he wants promotion next season.
Ralph
Problem is with the insane wages that he pays, the players are there for the money and thats it
Ralph
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSWnM-ulXXk ... y=wearefgr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From..
_charliecoops

You talk so much s#!t @wearefgr

:lol: remember when the Pennock family got on FB in support of Ady.. and so it comes round again

What a fcukin train wreck :lol: :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Charlie Cooper plays for FGR. Divides the fans. Some recognise his quality, some dislike him for being the boss' son.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Just read this on the FGR state forum:

"Cooper was barracked at halftime by a supporter in South Stand and reacted by rolling up his sleeves and beckoning to the fan for a fight."

Paying off that 5-year contract in the summer is going to cost DV a fair packet!
Shade
:lol: Oh dear. Listening to Mark Cooper on the radio over the season, he doesn't come across as the nicest bloke sometimes, and if you dare question him and his methods, God help ya.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Should we make a bid for KMB seeing as he has been frozen out by Cooper?
Ralph
Nope, he's Park for a reason. Remember Jennings?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Good point.

Things must be bad: OTC has stopped trying to defend the indefensible on here.
Ralph
You are not a team player at FGR. You are a mercenary. You give your services to the highest bidder
Shade
Ralph wrote:You are not a team player at FGR. You are a mercenary. You give your services to the highest bidder
Difference between us and them last season - we had a squad fully committed to getting into the league, they had a bunch of guys good enough but only after the pay and the Greggs.
The Old TomCat
Everybody at TNL accepts this an unexpected and poor result that has ended FGR's title chasing ambitions for season.
However league table, as kindly posted by Ralphed, shows FGR firmly placed for play-offs.
I'll not comment on the posts above of which some I half-way agree while others are off scale in being wrong.
Having said that I did comment on the FGR forum about this thread when I first came across it.
COYR
Ralph
We'd like to discuss on your forum too OTC but as you want phone numbers, post codes, addresses for " quicker verification" we have to pass on the opportunity. You have no place for my zip code either....
Chris FGR
Ralph wrote:We'd like to discuss on your forum too OTC but as you want phone numbers, post codes, addresses for " quicker verification" we have to pass on the opportunity. You have no place for my zip code either....
But how are they supposed to ring you up late at night if they feel you've posted incorrectly without having all your contact details?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Have posters really been rang up, Chris?
Chris FGR
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Have posters really been rang up, Chris?
Yep. When we had that Ecotricity/Sustainability In Sport sponsored friendly with Man Utd XI, courtesy of DV's friendship with Gary Neville, a lad who posted they'd only bring their ressies/youth team was phoned up in the evening, informed they would be bringing a few first teamers, and warned to stop posting they wouldn't as it could damage ticket sales/publicity.
Ralph
Of course, that is the reason they want your details. I suppose if you don't delete, retract or edit a comment, the next thing is a knock on the door. It's either all that or it's for marketing for Ecotricity. There can be no other reason at all. OTC said there are lots of forums that want those details. I told him and everyone else to show me one, just one. He never could :lol:
Chris FGR
Ralph wrote:Of course, that is the reason they want your details. I suppose if you don't delete, retract or edit a comment, the next thing is a knock on the door. It's either all that or it's for marketing for Ecotricity. There can be no other reason at all. OTC said there are lots of forums that want those details. I told him and everyone else to show me one, just one. He never could :lol:
I think as an official club forum, which are quite rare, the club feel the need to keep tighter control over what's posted. Which you can sort of understand I suppose.
Ralph
nope.. football is meant to be for the fans. FGR just want control. It is a sad state of affairs i have to say from where you were back in the day when Frank was mgr
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Set up an unofficial one, like the Nest, Chris.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
FGR preparing perfectly for the play-offs: currently 2-0 at already-relegated Southport!