Showtime!

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Two years to go!
asl
Like it or not, we are where we are and we have to do our damnedest to make it work.

May will carry the can as she will ultimately fail to deliver because half the country never wanted it in the first place while the other half ain't gonna get what they think they voted for because *that's* unachievable.
Malabus
Fantastic day for this country.
We must all pull together now and we shall not be bullied by the EU regarding forth coming negotiations.
The EU was a creation to stop Germany and France continuously going to war with each other, that was its only purpose in the beginning, now Its become a system yearning for expansion and to provoke Russia. We need nationalism in mainland Europe we need individuality, countries that can rule themselves.
asl
There's a surprise: Spain to use Gibraltar as a bargaining chip. Gee, never saw that one coming as we "take back control of our borders."
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Gibraltar more important than Northern Ireland. Let NI have a vote on joining Ireland if they want, but The Rock must stay under UK rule. Strategically too important. HM Navy will always control the entrance to the Mediterranean.

Be more disastrous than the loss of Hong Kong and/or Singapore, and would leave the Falklands more vulnerable.
confused.com
Think we all know the way that vote would go RCS. People in NI know who pays the bills and who their friends are
confused.com
And as for strategic as Churchill acknowledged without Londonderry the north atlantic battle would have been lost
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
N. Atlantic not as important in this day and age. I have no idea which way the vote would go. Always assumed it would be close - or why else would they have been segregating schools and murdering each others' families for 50 years!
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Gibraltar more important than Northern Ireland. Let NI have a vote on joining Ireland if they want, but The Rock must stay under UK rule. Strategically too important. HM Navy will always control the entrance to the Mediterranean.

Be more disastrous than the loss of Hong Kong and/or Singapore, and would leave the Falklands more vulnerable.
We will not neglect any of our territory.
I know for one thing we should be sending a fleet of nuclear submarines to the Med.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
confused.com
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:N. Atlantic not as important in this day and age. I have no idea which way the vote would go. Always assumed it would be close - or why else would they have been segregating schools and murdering each others' families for 50 years!
Not close at all. too many of both sides depend on civil service jobs etc etc. Of all NI Catholics I know (quite a few), none want a united Ireland and while not Unionists have a greater feeling for being in the UK than their friends across the border. Fairly recent polls show approx 40% of Catholics wanting a UI, while an even more recent poll of TD's in Ireland 50% did not even want a vote in their life time.
asl
Don't SF want the whole of Ireland to vote on it? Not just the six counties? The majority of my in-laws from Galway couldn't give a sh1t. Apart from a couple of Feinians who seem to long for the good old days between the Easter Rising and the Good Friday Agreement, that is...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Irish colleagues and friends of mine don't care either way whether NI joins Eire or remains in the UK as long as the conflict is resolved quickly and peacefully.

Let NI have a vote with two options:

1. Join Ireland and remain in EU with UK outside of EU and no freedom of movement.

2. Stay in UK, outside of EU with a border with Ireland and no freedom of movement.

Then the answer to the NI Brexit decision is given

Not ideal but that's the situation and Brexit means Brexit.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Gibraltar more important than Northern Ireland. Let NI have a vote on joining Ireland if they want, but The Rock must stay under UK rule. Strategically too important. HM Navy will always control the entrance to the Mediterranean.

We will not neglect any of our territory.
I know for one thing we should be sending a fleet of nuclear submarines to the Med.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
Correct. The Rock shan't fall. Even if it comes to this:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ael-fallon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;