Kiddy

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

little mo
...lose in play off semi to Chorley.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Their derby with Gloucester will be even closer to them next season. In the same County in fact.
Robin
Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of fans!
Reginald
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Their derby with Gloucester will be even closer to them next season. In the same County in fact.
Not sure about that. Looking pretty likely that Gloucester City will be in the south division next season.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Reginald wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Their derby with Gloucester will be even closer to them next season. In the same County in fact.
Not sure about that. Looking pretty likely that Gloucester City will be in the south division next season.
Good news for Gloucester if so. Pleased about that.
leohoenig
I am not certain that Gloucester want to switch, although it is generally felt the South division is weaker
Anyway, there is a lot of speculation that it will be Brackley, not Gloucester who are moved
Red Duke
leohoenig wrote:I am not certain that Gloucester want to switch, although it is generally felt the South division is weaker
Anyway, there is a lot of speculation that it will be Brackley, not Gloucester who are moved
As Gloucester will be playing further north next season, will they take into account where the club plays or the place they represent in the decision making?
leohoenig
The first part of the decision making is by invitation
Both clubs will be aware of the situation and should have been asked about changing divisions
If both state a clear preference for the same division, then the FA will have to make a decision
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Red Duke wrote:
leohoenig wrote:I am not certain that Gloucester want to switch, although it is generally felt the South division is weaker
As Gloucester will be playing further north next season, will they take into account where the club plays or the place they represent in the decision making?
See you at Croft Park if Gloucester stay North.
leohoenig
My only visit to Croft Park was in 1987, but I won't be going back even for the chance to see Gloucester or RCS there
Red Duke
leohoenig wrote:The first part of the decision making is by invitation
Both clubs will be aware of the situation and should have been asked about changing divisions
If both state a clear preference for the same division, then the FA will have to make a decision
If it is down to FA then it could go either way. Geography is not their strongest suit as the Robins were in the North West last season according to them.
Red Duke
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Red Duke wrote:
I might just do that. I have been living in the NE for almost 40 years and I have always wanted for the Robins to play at Croft Park but the chances have always been slim. The best possibility used to be the FA Trophy. I suppose there is always the FA Cup.

With Hartlepool relegated, Doncaster promoted and the possibility of Carlisle also being promoted, the nearest fixture for me next season looks likely to be Chesterfield, over 160 miles away.
Robin
Equally with Plymouth promoted and Hartlepool relegated we've lost two of our longest trips which is a good thing.
leohoenig
Red Duke wrote:
If it is down to FA then it could go either way. Geography is not their strongest suit as the Robins were in the North West last season according to them.
The Football Association and English Football League are not the same people, (they are hardly even on speaking terms).
It was the Football League that placed us in the North West.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
leohoenig wrote:
Red Duke wrote:
The Football Association and English Football League are not the same people, (they are hardly even on speaking terms).
It was the Football League that placed us in the North West.
Which was it that messed us around over our Conference/Trophy matches?
leohoenig
Well, it certainly wasn't the Football League, as we were not members at the time
Now, the word at the time was that someone at the FA approved our plan on the Saturday, after the draw at Oxford.
This should never have happened.
To some extent, we were also at fault for trying to push through something that would not be permitted.
Red Duke
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Red Duke wrote:
It is not going to happen, Gloucester have been moved South.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2017/may/12/n ... ted-140517" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
paperboy
Robin wrote:Equally with Plymouth promoted and Hartlepool relegated we've lost two of our longest trips which is a good thing.
..so on that basis will you be cheering on FGR at Wembley? ;)