Personal terms agreed

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
With transfer target: http://bit.ly/TermsAgreed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
I like Scotty but I would only be willing to pay a low five figure fee given his age.
Shade
I expect Wycombe will be after a considerable sum to start with, but given the player obviously wants to leave them and come to us it will surely only be a matter of time before the clubs come to an agreement.
Shade
Robin wrote:I like Scotty but I would only be willing to pay a low five figure fee given his age.
You say that but, as a keeper, he could have a good 5 years left at this level, at least. He's never been one for picking up many injuries so no reason why he shouldn't be able to keep going for quite a while.
asl
If he was under contract with us, some folk on here would be banding about ridiculous numbers. Can't blame WW for demanding recompense - it's just a case of how much.
Rulistening
Absolutely fantastic news
Robin
I always expected them to ask for a fee, but given he's their number 2 and hardly played for them it needs to be reasonable i.e. low five figures.
Rulistening
Robin wrote:I always expected them to ask for a fee, but given he's their number 2 and hardly played for them it needs to be reasonable i.e. low five figures.
He was their planned Number one i thought?. Just got injured early so they loaned in blackman from chelsea, might be wrong on that though
Benctfc
He was their number 1 for this season so no doubt they will be asking for a decent fee. I can't imagine us willing to pay more than 10k.
Robin
He's clearly not their number 1 given that they allowed him to agree terms on us for a free transfer then asked for a fee. I think they know he's popular here and they don't have much money so throwing this in knowing we will pay it. So long as it's small i.e. very low five figures I'm ok with it.
horlickfanclub
Thats ok that you are ok Robin. Are you chipping in ?
Robin
I sure am, I bought my season ticket did you?
Del Boy
Robin wrote:I sure am, I bought my season ticket did you?
Ha ha - I bought a new telly the other day. I'm gonna give John Lewis a ring tell them how to spend the money.
horlickfanclub
Season ticket bought. Doubt if it will cover a fee but if we sell Billy to Lincoln/Grimsby maybe the club could afford to reinvest. You could always start a crowdfunder Robin and kick it off with £500. I will match it with £5.
Artemis
What I don't get is that WW must have been content for the player to open discussions for terms to have been agreed. So, either they're now reneging on the 'deal' or we didn't understand what it is they wanted, or we're now trying to exert pressure on WW to lower their demands. It would be a real shame if this ended up falling apart, because Scotty would be a real bonus to the strength of our side and a fillip to the confidence and feel-good factor at the club. In my view, he was the player most responsible for keeping us up with those penalty saves against Orient and Morecambe.
Nesty
My thoughts on SB2 dont vary much from my thoughts on SB1 - great shot stoppers but lacking in general goalkeeping skills. There must be another young Shane Higgs out there somewhere ?
Lord Elpuz
Artemis wrote:What I don't get is that WW must have been content for the player to open discussions for terms to have been agreed. So, either they're now reneging on the 'deal' or we didn't understand what it is they wanted, or we're now trying to exert pressure on WW to lower their demands. It would be a real shame if this ended up falling apart, because Scotty would be a real bonus to the strength of our side and a fillip to the confidence and feel-good factor at the club. In my view, he was the player most responsible for keeping us up with those penalty saves against Orient and Morecambe.
I jolly well second this observation. Well said my fine fellow.

One should always build the strength and experience within an association football team starting from the back.
Shade
Nesty wrote:My thoughts on SB2 dont vary much from my thoughts on SB1 - great shot stoppers but lacking in general goalkeeping skills. There must be another young Shane Higgs out there somewhere ?
Hopefully his name is Rhys Lovett, but he's going to be a few years away...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:
Nesty wrote:My thoughts on SB2 dont vary much from my thoughts on SB1 - great shot stoppers but lacking in general goalkeeping skills. There must be another young Shane Higgs out there somewhere ?
Hopefully his name is Rhys Lovett, but he's going to be a few years away...
Indeed. Think how long Higgs was understudy to Book, and Brown to Higgs. Hopefully our track record of succession will continue with Scotty handing the gloves over to Rhys in four or five years.