Five questions to ask before you vote.

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
This is one of the standout pieces of the campaign, fully referenced and evidenced. Have a read.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/frances ... 60884.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Malabus
The only question you need to ask is ... Do you want to see Diane Abbott as Home Secretary on Friday.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:The only question you need to ask is ... Do you want to see Diane Abbott as Home Secretary on Friday.
I don't. And if Corbyn wins I am 100% sure he won't name Abbott as Home Secretary when he forms the cabinet. So it is a non-issue and scare tactic.

Here is a good up to date online tool to help undecided voters choose who to vote for:

https://please.represent.me/survey/122" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Joey
Malabus wrote:The only question you need to ask is ... Do you want to see Diane Abbott as Home Secretary on Friday.
or Boris Johnson and Foreign Secretary
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Joey wrote:
Or any of Boris and his group of clowns negotiating Brexit.

Keir Starmer is by far the best qualified and skilled to negotiate a good deal across all parties. If the Tories do win, then I hope May (or whoever usurps her) can be mature enough to bring Starmer into their team to go to Brussels.
Malabus
This man is asking the right questions.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?sns=tw&v=69LSHlpilLA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Be wise, vote UKIP.
Malabus
Joey wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Way to mock someone who is ill Mal. Real big of you.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... orbyn-says" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
Ill my ass.

(it probably is, as well)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Ill my ass.

(it probably is, as well)
Way to dismiss someone who is ill, Shade. Real big of you.

Has nasty politics and society sunk so slow that someone suffering will ill health and well-being is a source for mocking and abuse?
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Way to mock someone who is ill Mal. Real big of you.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... orbyn-says" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You really are a Prat.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Way to mock someone who is ill Mal. Real big of you.

You really are a Prat.
Why so? Caring about other people makes one a prat? See my above question about how low discourse has sunk in this country.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Just for those who'd rather believe the Mail and right-wing memes ahead of Jeremy Corbyn, it transpires Abbott has been diagnosed with a serious long-term condition:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/d ... 1e7408f4c0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Malabus
I didn't realise being a pain in the arse and an embarrassment to the party was an illness.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:I didn't realise being a pain in the arse and an embarrassment to the party was an illness.
And you still mock someone diagnosed with a long-term condition.

I take it that's an open invite for RNF members to come and point and laugh if you or a relative get a similar diagnoses.

The scum of society really is rising to the surface today. This transcends party politics. This is a serving MP, who has been diagnosed with a serious condition. Time to stop the abuse.
Shade
I haven't seen a doctors note. Convenient timing.

Ultimately, I couldn't actually care less about whether she is/Labour are faking it or not. Ultimately, I've lost all interest in politics as it's a waste of time.
asl
She's definitely ill. I've heard on good authority that she's requested nine days of sick leave this week, already.
ctfc-fan
Stuck in lift with Corbyn and Abbott. She can't work out what floor number, he won't press the button.
Artemis
Yeah, and Philip Hammond does really well on the numbers front too; he's the f#!$ Chancellor of the Exchequer (well, until Saturday when Amber Rudd takes the reigns).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Vc_g1j8Sk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But I note he doesn't have to put up with the vitriolic, racist abuse a long-standing MP, hard-working parliamentarian of the year has to suffer - no wonder Diane Abbott is ill.

https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2017/06 ... t-content/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://oursouthend.files.wordpress.com ... 281919.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any reasonable person would be with that stuff thrown at them. Mainly fed by the press that purports to be acting in our interests, but is really simply the mouthpiece for a handful for billionaires, most of whom can't even be arsed to live in the country they profess to being so proud of. No wonder press reform and regulation is not on Theresa May's agenda - but curbing the basic liberties of the many is.

P.S Whilst she is a strong campaigner and orator, Diane Abbott wouldn't Home Secretary in a Labour Govt - Yvette Cooper would be.
Corbyn erred by appointing her to the Shadow role in the first place. But then May appointed Boris, Liam Fox and Andrea Ledsom - and they actually have seats at the Cabinet table.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
That is the depths the UK has sent to Artemis. The Press stole our democracy long ago, and encourage a society where abuse and bullying is seen as funny.

The front page of the Sun today was a nadir of journalism - they don't even have the pretence that we live in a democracy.
Circa 1887
In the interest of balance, lets not skirt over the fact that Diane Abbot has made several racist statements in the past.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Circa 1887 wrote:In the interest of balance, lets not skirt over the fact that Diane Abbot has made several racist statements in the past.
I have heard people say this, but haven't looked it up myself. Can you give some examples?
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Circa 1887 wrote:In the interest of balance, lets not skirt over the fact that Diane Abbot has made several racist statements in the past.
I have heard people say this, but haven't looked it up myself. Can you give some examples?
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... 459e87.jpg[/img]
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I cannot view tapatalk links.
Red Duke
Take img before and after and the the link works.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... 459e87.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Red Duke wrote:Take img before and after and the the link works.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... 459e87.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Are you Wansbeck or Berwick, Red Duke?
Red Duke

Berwick.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Red Duke wrote:

Berwick.
Any hope of a Lib Dem gain from Tories do you think?
Red Duke
Berwick.[/quote]

Any hope of a Lib Dem gain from Tories do you think?[/quote]

Just had an LD canvasser (first one from any party in this election) calling on how I was going to vote. The problem with the liberal candidate is that although she is a local lass, her married name is Pörksen and so many won't vote for her because they think she is German!

Tories are taking the Berwick seat for granted. The sitting MP is so confident on winning, she is canvassing in Tynemouth & North Shields as they think they can win there.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Red Duke wrote:
Berwick.
Any hope of a Lib Dem gain from Tories do you think?[/quote]

Just had an LD canvasser (first one from any party in this election) calling on how I was going to vote. The problem with the liberal candidate is that although she is a local lass, her married name is Pörksen and so many won't vote for her because they think she is German!

Tories are taking the Berwick seat for granted. The sitting MP is so confident on winning, she is canvassing in Tynemouth & North Shields as they think they can win there.[/quote]

Tynemouth. Lol. No chance. If she knocks on our door, our cat is trained to smell and kill Tory.
Red Duke
Red Duke wrote:

Tories are taking the Berwick seat for granted. The sitting MP is so confident on winning, she is canvassing in Tynemouth & North Shields as they think they can win there.
Tynemouth. Lol. No chance. If she knocks on our door, our cat is trained to smell and kill Tory.[/quote]

Not so long ago Tynemouth was a Tory seat up to 1997. The MP was Neville Trotter.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Red Duke wrote:
Red Duke wrote:

Tynemouth. Lol. No chance. If she knocks on our door, our cat is trained to smell and kill Tory.
Not so long ago Tynemouth was a Tory seat up to 1997. The MP was Neville Trotter.[/quote]

I know, since 1952 or something. That was before all us metropolitan educated millennials moved out there. General rule at the Coast in North Tyneside is the more Southern and Scottish accents you here and the fewer vans you see, the stronger the Labour vote, and vice versa. Tories haven't realised that yet so are pissing in the wind.
Malabus
Let's hope Diane Abbott counted the Exit Poll.
Johnsons Red Army
Malabus wrote:This man is asking the right questions.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?sns=tw&v=69LSHlpilLA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Be wise, vote UKIP.
UKIP dead and buried :D . Thank f*ck for that!!!
Malabus
Johnsons Red Army wrote:
Malabus wrote:This man is asking the right questions.

Be wise, vote UKIP.
UKIP dead and buried :D . Thank f*ck for that!!!
Naw...it seems there is plenty of work still to be done.
Nuttall resigned and Farage is coming back.