O'Shaughnessy

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
Amongst all of the silence and silly talk around here, nobody seems to have mentioned actual news that DO'S signed a new 1 year contract yesterday.

Adam Page, Billy Waters, Jordan Cranston and Rhys Lovett are now the remaining players offered contracts that haven't signed. Surprised Page and Lovett haven't signed yet.
Nesty
have these players been given a deadline?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:have these players been given a deadline?
Maybe. Maybe not.
Benctfc
Does anyone else not particularly rate D'OS? Have nothing against him personally but I just think he's too lightweight for this level. His performance away at Pompey last game of last season was one of the worse I have seen a CB put in for us. Hopefully he can progress as he is still young but if he is first choice we will struggle next year.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I rate him. Looks a great player in the making. Strength can be added in the gym. Positional sense and ball playing skills are hard to teach. DOS has those.
Shade
I agree with RCS.
triggo
thirded !!!!
horlickfanclub
Fourthed. Looked good at left back also.
Artemis
O'Shockers vying with Jamie Grimes as Will Boyles' partner this coming season. Downsie in an emergency. Maybe a young loanee from a Championship club who can cover fullback position(s) coming in as well? Thoughts?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Artemis wrote:O'Shockers vying with Jamie Grimes as Will Boyles' partner this coming season. Downsie in an emergency. Maybe a young loanee from a Championship club who can cover fullback position(s) coming in as well? Thoughts?
I'd agree with that, though would like to sign a full-time RB.
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Artemis wrote:O'Shockers vying with Jamie Grimes as Will Boyles' partner this coming season. Downsie in an emergency. Maybe a young loanee from a Championship club who can cover fullback position(s) coming in as well? Thoughts?
I'd agree with that, though would like to sign a full-time RB.
I guess the signings that are made will let us know the system that GJ is planning on using the most. If we don't see a right back coming in the next few weeks, or another left back, I would assume we will be playing 3 at the back and the wide midfielders/Winchester will be filling the wing back roles. Cranston LWB and Dawson RWB, with licence to bomb on, and other midfielders able to cover for a few games if necessary?

I'd hope we'd have more dedicated players for the positions, personally, but you can never go wrong with a few utility players.
THECHOIRBOY
As one of 3 CB's, I am ok. In a 2, not good enough....yet