Could we see this man back in 2017/18?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Good potential signing? http://bit.ly/SecondLoan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Horteng
Would be a great signing but must be for the whole season
Robin
We need better in my opinion, did a job for us but never truly excelled and I never had the same level of confidence I had with him that I did with Dillon or even Scotty (who was known for the odd gaff). Overall I hope we can find better but at least he knows the club from his previous time here and would presumably be cheap.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:We need better in my opinion, did a job for us but never truly excelled and I never had the same level of confidence I had with him that I did with Dillon or even Scotty (who was known for the odd gaff). Overall I hope we can find better but at least he knows the club from his previous time here and would presumably be cheap.
Before scrolling down I said to myself "Robin won't be happy" and low and behold, scroll down and LOL.
Artemis
Dah, look, another need to fill the pages with something story - "could be set" blah, blah, blah....if Flatt was that well rated, we'd have seen him last season, once Griffiths went back.
I-Love-CTFC
Spending the summer chasing a goalkeeper, sounds familiar. I thought Flatt was pretty average but he did the job. Punches the ball too much for my liking. Surely there must be better options out there.
I-Love-CTFC
Artemis wrote:Dah, look, another need to fill the pages with something story - "could be set" blah, blah, blah....if Flatt was that well rated, we'd have seen him last season, once Griffiths went back.
Sadly the Echo has become so tabloid and click-bait these days.
horlickfanclub
I would be happy with Flatt. He settled in well when it could have all gone very wrong. Decent keeper in the opinion of Wolves,Steve Book and the Manager and on ten games evidence good enough to step up to Div 2.
CTFC03
Not sure, did well enough for us without excelling but FL games might make him better, this has potential to be a cracking signing for us and he's still at a young age and knows the club well so this could be a good move.
Ralph
I'd drive up and get him.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Flatt will have a more successful career than Dillon in my opinion.
Benctfc
Seems to me like last year we are going for the cheap loan keeper signing like Griffiths was. Arguably it was the signing of an experienced one in Brown that kept us up last season. I will give him a chance like all new signings but would have much prefered an experienced keeper behind what looks likely to be an inexperienced FL defence.
East End Robin
To be honest I think we're considering the Flatt that we had (who certainly wasn't bad) when we should be considering the Flatt that exists now. It's been over a year since he played for us, he may well have developed in that time.
Artemis
Agree. An experienced keeper is essential with our probable defence.
solihullkev
Always felt many fans looked at Dillon through rose tinted spectacles ; proper geezer who did wonders for morale, but as a goalkeeper his distribution was truly awful.

I thought Flatt was very solid, and he will be two years more experienced.

Whether there is anything in this however is unclear. The article that is linked to the first post is as pithy and poor as it gets. Slow news day ?
Robin
I thought Dillon excelled through some truly remarkable reflex saves and strong command of his area. Flatt for me didn't do anything wrong but equally never excelled either, for example some of the goals he conceeded I felt Dillon would have saved. Flatty to me is someone who will soon leave Wolves and drop down to conference or league two level whereas I feel Dillon could make a career at league one long term. Clearly both are still young enough to improve or fall short though.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
solihullkev wrote:Always felt many fans looked at Dillon through rose tinted spectacles ; proper geezer who did wonders for morale, but as a goalkeeper his distribution was truly awful.

I thought Flatt was very solid, and he will be two years more experienced.

Whether there is anything in this however is unclear. The article that is linked to the first post is as pithy and poor as it gets. Slow news day ?
Echo exists only to raise advertising revenue for Trinity Mirror - JP's bosses will be telling him to write anything to get us clicking on the website.

What next..."You'll never guess what this person who once went to a Robins game in 1972 is doing now!"..?
Nesty
both Dillon and Flatt played for us in the NL, and we all know what a step up L2 is after the struggle last season.
FOD_Wyman_2010
I think the worrying aspect for me is that we are gambling on another player making the step up to the football league. At least in Brown, we had a nice steady, experienced keeper for the league which the young defence could feel confident in. There is nothing to stop Flatty being an excellent keeper and maybe better than Brown but that's the key point, it can only be a maybe. We have now lost the two most influential players in our survival last season and its only going to take a couple of badly rolled dice to put us in real trouble.
Shade
solihullkev wrote:but as a goalkeeper his distribution was truly awful.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x33v3wt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
paperboy
FOD_Wyman_2010 wrote:I think the worrying aspect for me is that we are gambling on another player making the step up to the football league. At least in Brown, we had a nice steady, experienced keeper for the league which the young defence could feel confident in. There is nothing to stop Flatty being an excellent keeper and maybe better than Brown but that's the key point, it can only be a maybe. We have now lost the two most influential players in our survival last season and its only going to take a couple of badly rolled dice to put us in real trouble.
Agree.

We really need to splash the cash from Billy Walters and the budget-saving recruitment of a younger goalkeeper on a top front player because if Dan Holman doesn't fire this season we will be totally toothless in attack.

We've signed three decent players ,but they are not match winners.
Jon Palmer
Artemis wrote:Dah, look, another need to fill the pages with something story - "could be set" blah, blah, blah....if Flatt was that well rated, we'd have seen him last season, once Griffiths went back.
http://bit.ly/KeeperIN" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kora
Terry Gornell has left Accrington, anyone fancy him back. Only joking, but Padraig Amond has asked for a move, better than Gornell if he could recapture previous form.
Artemis
Jon Palmer wrote:
http://bit.ly/KeeperIN" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fair enough JP, right this time. Good effort.