CTFC vs Colchester United Sat Sep 16th Home

Run by Shade

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin, Shade

theidlerich
CTFC vs Colchester United Sat Sep 16th Home

We are pretty poor at clairvoyancy folks! Someone predicted Newport C to win 2-0 then stated Eisa to score, mentioning no names….;) and Rulistening lives in hope [as we all do…..]. So our points leader is OTC from over the green hill far away…however the teams though are reversed!

The Old Tom Cat 50
Red Duke 45
Johnsons Red Army 40
Daveangel 35
Theidlerich 35
Shade 25
FOD-Wyman2010 20
Nesty 20
Triggo 20
Blakey 9 15
Cliffy90 15
CS85 15
RegencyCheltSpa 15
asl 10
pas 10
Rulistening 10
Player 1 10
GGTTH 5
Ben2 5
SuperDaleWatkins 5
Andy 0 [humble apologies;)]

My prediction for Saturday: Win CTFC 2 – Colchester1; Mellor to score first for CTFC 5
Shade
theidlerich wrote:
My prediction for Saturday: Win CTFC 2 – Colchester1; Mellor to score first for CTFC
Mellor?
Johnsons Red Army
Red Duke has gone from 45 to 15 (obviously a typo but necessary to point out for correction purposes).
Nesty
CTFC 2 Colchester 1
Eisa

The Old TomCat
theidlerich wrote:CTFC vs Colchester United Sat Sep 16th Home

We are pretty poor at clairvoyancy folks! Someone predicted Newport C to win 2-0 then stated Eisa to score, mentioning no names….;) and Rulistening lives in hope [as we all do…..]. So our points leader is OTC from over the green hill far away…however the teams though are reversed!
I'm hazarding a guess that the punter who forecast a 2-0 win for Newport and also nominated Eisa as goalscorer was coving all bases. I'm surprised other forecasters don't do same.

Obviously I'm chuffed to be top.
The advantage I have is that I forecast just using my head while everybody else forecasts from their hearts. Plus I was fortunate to be at Whaddon Road for a pre-season friendly where Eisa was deservedly MoM and I nominated him as my goal scorer from first game.
My disadvantage and reason I'll not win Robin's Nest Prediction League Champion is because I attend so few Robin's games. I will not be aware of trends or other strong goal scoring candidates. A hat-trick by another player would drop me down the table.

But the game is fun and I'm pleased to be setting a target for others to chase.

Anyway back to business:
Cheltenham 1-1 Colchester
Eisa
[Very difficult game to forecast. I would not be surprised to see it go any of three ways.].............. 0
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
theidlerich wrote:CTFC vs Colchester United Sat Sep 16th Home

I'm hazarding a guess that the punter who forecast a 2-0 win for Newport and also nominated Eisa as goalscorer was coving all bases. I'm surprised other forecasters don't do same.

Obviously I'm chuffed to be top.
The advantage I have is that I forecast just using my head while everybody else forecasts from their hearts. Plus I was fortunate to be at Whaddon Road for a pre-season friendly where Eisa was deservedly MoM and I nominated him as my goal scorer from first game.
My disadvantage and reason I'll not win Robin's Nest Prediction League Champion is because I attend so few Robin's games. I will not be aware of trends or other strong goal scoring candidates. A hat-trick by another player would drop me down the table.

But the game is fun and I'm pleased to be setting a target for others to chase.

Anyway back to business:
Cheltenham 1-1 Colchester
Eisa
[Very difficult game to forecast. I would not be surprised to see it go any of three ways.]
Football match could go one of three ways...blimey, no wonder you are top!
The Old TomCat
[quote="RegencyCheltenhamSpa]
Football match could go one of three ways...blimey, no wonder you are top![/quote]

I'll explain my thinking:
Cheltenham are playing at home which gives them a small advantage.
Colchester are only mid-table - another small advantage to Cheltenham
But at moment Cheltenham are having a bad run and having watched Colchester tank FGR I know they are capable of an upset.
I suspect Cheltenham will be playing a very tight game until team regain their winning formula.
Hence my 'sitting on fence' forecast.
asl
Can't be arsed to read anyone else's thinking but, unfortunately, I'd already decided my entry is:

1-1
Pell
..... 0
pas
Win 5
Score: CTFC 4 Colchester 1.............close!
Eisa
I watched the game at Newport and truly believe somebody is in for a good beating.

....... 5
Johnsons Red Army
The Old TomCat wrote:The advantage I have is that I forecast just using my head while everybody else forecasts from their hearts.
Not everyone ;) .
Johnsons Red Army
CTFC 1-1 Colchester
Dawson.. 5
cliffy90
CTFC 1-1 Colchester
Pell

....... 0
theidlerich
...........and from chat:

RegencyCheltenhamSpa 1-1 Pell...................... 0
Red Duke CTFC 0 Colchester 1 Lose No Scorer...... 0
Shade 1-0 CTFC Dawson............................... 10
THECHOIRBOY 3-1 Cheltenham. Dawson *********** 15 :)
FOD_Wyman_2010 Cheltenham 2-1 Colchester. Wright.... 5
Daveangel
The day you get the rub of the green.

Win 5
3-0
Eisa

. 5
Rulistening
Cheltenham 3-1 ............ 5+5 = 10
Boyle to score first

This is the time my prediction of a win comes in!