Gloucester fans waking up to reality

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nearly all CTFC fans said years ago that the longer the cushy groundshare deal went on the worse it would be for Gloucester in the long term as it meant a return to the Gloucester became less and less likely and EMG taking control of all the land for commercial reasons more and more likely.

However, rather than protesting once it was clear it would be more than a year or two, or campaigning to drop a division and move back to Gloucester and play at Tuffley the fans seemed hooked on a cheap ground share like a cheap drug; thinking it was part of a positive plan when it was just slowly harming them.

Blindly following EMG and accepting groundshares seems to be coming home to roost as their fans are not enjoying Evesham and the team are struggling: http://cof.tigerroar.co.uk/showthread.p ... A-Cup-exit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It was five years or so ago I first proposed on this forum that CTFC show County loyalty and run a bucket collection (crowdfund) to help raise finances to get Gloucester back into the City where they could consolidate and grow. The suggestion was mocked by fans of both GCFC and CTFC. With hindsight, after more years of groundshare and now suffering the early signs of death in Evesham, it is clear a successful campaign back then would have been the best option.

I just hope the ground raising and levelling work going on at MP at the moment is not another piece of false hope bait being dangled by EMG and that the club can get back there before suffering too many relegations and potential bankruptcy.
Daveangel
It isn't and we won't.

You really do like talking about things of which you possess no knowledge.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Daveangel wrote:It isn't and we won't.

You really do like talking about things of which you possess no knowledge.
No doubt fans of many clubs which were destroyed by owners said the same thing until it was too late.

I will hold my hands up and admit I was wrong if EMG ever has you playing in Gloucester in the 6th tier.
Daveangel
You won't have to wait too long.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Daveangel wrote:You won't have to wait too long.
Have heard that every year for ten years. For your sake, I hope you are correct this time.
Daveangel
We've never been remotely close in 10 years.

We are now.
Ralph
Dave, how are crowds compared to when you were at WR, are they about the same?
Whats the owner doing on the site ay MP? Thought someone posted pics of activity there last week
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:Dave, how are crowds compared to when you were at WR, are they about the same?
Whats the owner doing on the site ay MP? Thought someone posted pics of activity there last week
Currently raising and levelling the ground, ready to build a stadium.

However, if any snags emerge in the coming month, work may well stop. And who knows, might become a lorry park and warehouse in a year or two.
Ralph
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Ralph wrote:Dave, how are crowds compared to when you were at WR, are they about the same?
Currently raising and levelling the ground, ready to build a stadium.

However, if any snags emerge in the coming month, work may well stop. And who knows, might become a lorry park and warehouse in a year or two.
So RCS, is "Daveangel" another of the additional usernames that you have on here? I was asking him not you
Daveangel
Currently only down a bit, but we'd be kidding ourselves if we didn't expect some pretty horrifically low ones come freezing cold Tuesdays in February. A decent drop has been budgeted for, obviously offset by a greatly reduced rent.

The levelling will be complete in 5 or 6 weeks, and then the next stage begins. The powers that be are confident it will be ready to host NL football at some stage next season, though personally I'd rather spend 2 seasons at EUFC and go back to a more complete stadium, rather than just what's required to pass grading.

The new additions to the Management board seem to have brought a newfound energy and impetus, and the amount of manpower working daily down there is testament to that.

It would certainly make a very strange industrial estate, on a 12" plinth (and with a covenant for sporting use), but that's obviously why EMG has ploughed well over a million quid into it. It will all seem so obvious when he pulls out. :roll:
Ralph
Good to see that there is light at the end of the tunnel Dave. About time you were home
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Dave says EMG has put over a million quid in. Is it just coincidence that the accounts for Keyway Recycling filed in 2017 for y/e 2016 show an increase in Net Assets from Debtors of a million pound - who is or are those debtors? Let's hope Keyway haven't put the football club into debt.

Interestgly, you can't check the football club accounts. Gloucester City Football Club Limited was registered as a dormant company in 2016 accounts, with the most recent active accounts showing showing zero p&l and asset balance of £2 - just notional filing. The latest confirmation statement shows another EMG company (since he gained control in July 2017), a holding company called Arriva Group Limited (formerly McGurk Hoodings) took control of Gloucester City Football Club Limited in April this year.

Arriva Group also has debtors of £1.8m.

Nearly all of the tangible assets of Arriva Group Limited (£3m net) are land assets, so assume these include Meadow Park.

The multiple McGurks and Mr Temblett who are on the board of Keyway, GCFC and Arriva also hold positions on other holding companies. When I have more time I will investigate to see if it is possible to identify who the debtors are, who is coining it from the web of companies and holdcos, and whether or not the tax payer and/or the football club are at risk.
Daveangel
Ooh, i.hope it's soon. I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep.
ctfc-fan
Interestingly though Spatial Structures is a dormant company. Isn't that the shirt sponsor?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote:Interestingly though Spatial Structures is a dormant company. Isn't that the shirt sponsor?
Good spot. Just another bit of creative accounting by EMG and his gang of spivs. No doubt some tax bills are being reduced and pockets being lined.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Interestingly, Gloucester City Footballl Club is a different registered company to Gloucester City Association Football Club (1980), the latter of which currently has net liabilities of ~£68k, no doubt owed to one of the other EMG/Temblett companies. The biggest of these appears to be the care company Dynavour, which as long term liabilities of over £2million. Hopefully it won't go the way of many other care companies.
Daveangel
ctfc-fan wrote:Interestingly though Spatial Structures is a dormant company. Isn't that the shirt sponsor?
Good spot. Just another bit of creative accounting by EMG and his gang of spivs. No doubt some tax bills are being reduced and pockets being lined.
If you get a second, I wonder if you could check if that statement is libelous, Samuel?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Daveangel wrote:
If you get a second, I wonder if you could check if that statement is libelous, Samuel?
Just giving my opinion and in any case, the initials EMG could refer to many different people. Happy for the moderators to remove it as there is no real evidence to hand yet to verify the statement.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Any update from anyone on progress at Meadow Park, Dave?

Did all of the heavy machinery/vehicles get their work done before the special access/road closures have to end, for example?

Any more clarity on the timeline? Not long until the option of a 2nd year at Evesham will have to be exercised.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
To answer my question, I see the landfill at MP is progressing and claimed to be completed by early November. Hopefully positive news come November, but I won’t get my hopes up.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Starting to dawn on some City supporters that lack of any communication from the Club means it is likely to be another season at Evesham next term: http://cof.tigerroar.co.uk/showthread.p ... News/page3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Daveangel
Anyone involved with the club has always known that it was likely, hence the second year option.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Any insight on the veracity of this claim by Tigermatty on the COF, Dave?

"Heard from a source very close to the owners that the land levelling will be done by xmas but the funding to build the stadium is likely to take years..."

http://cof.tigerroar.co.uk/showthread.p ... News/page3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Eleven years and the penny is slowly dropping on the COF:

City supporter said:
Yesterday 09:36 PM
"Dove Construction is EMG isn't it ? Ah I see the plan, Keyway is paid for land fill and then Dove Construction builds the ground if houses are not built there first along side the other 14 acres owned by EMG!"
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Feeling for the Gloucester fans today after a p!ss poor statement from EMG which dismissed and ruled the fans in equal measure.

Their (former) Press Officer wrote this thread before resigning from his role the club: https://mobile.twitter.com/kjdemaria/st ... 2953217032" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Badge for the hypothetical new club mocked-up by the Voice of The T-End tonight:

Malabus
More icebergs for Gloucester.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-engla ... 8653719006" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
leohoenig
From bad to worse
http://www.gloucestercityafc.com/harris ... m-manager/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone that does not believe that it has been Harris that has kept Gloucester at Step 2 is deluded.
Without him, I make Gloucester favourites to go down (except perhaps the seriously adrift Whitehawk)

No gloating here - I am sad for all the genuine football people at the club
Si Robin
Shocking what's going on there and there's only one person to blame for it.

You have to admire the fans who have stood by them over the past 10 and a half years, they've literally been pulled from pillar to post. The fact that on COF there is now more talk than ever of a Phoenix club I think speaks volumes.

It actually makes sense as well - start out in the County League, share with Tuffley or someone, build a new support base to supplement what they have and seek investment (there are murmurings of people being interested in investing). Slowly build a club that the City feels represents them and eventually find land to raise a ground of their own. It won't be easy, but at least they'll get rid of the smoke and mirrors that appears to be the club under Eamonn McGurk.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Tim Harris - Gloucester through and through and the heart of the Club - resigns today.

His departure statement calls for a new business structure and some "business acumen". A rebuttal to EMG regime?

http://www.gloucestercityafc.com/harris ... m-manager/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
asl
"the club needs some investment, some structure and business acumen" - ouch...a not even slightly veiled dig at McGurk, there!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
leohoenig wrote:From bad to worse

Anyone that does not believe that it has been Harris that has kept Gloucester at Step 2 is deluded.
Without him, I make Gloucester favourites to go down (except perhaps the seriously adrift Whitehawk)

No gloating here - I am sad for all the genuine football people at the club
Agree with the sentiment Leo. Another tragedy of a good club ruined by poor ownership.

If a new phoenix is formed in Gloucester I would hope CTFC are volunteering to be the first pre-season friendly there. I would be keen to go to show support and solidarity for the fans of Gloucester. It could be a good celebratory affair, with some good food and beer on the go to raise money for their tremendous supporters Trust.
London Exile
Such a terrible and sad situation and I genuinely feel for supporters like Dave who work tirelessly to keep the club going and provide funds through their Trust and supporter fundraisers.
I don’t know the ins and outs but I’ve always wondered why they never repaired MP and then set about securing funding and planning permission to build the new ground?
At least they’d have been back home and generating more income rather than spending money on ground share after ground share.
Granted it could’ve flooded again but they could always have prepared for that by using modular units for the key facilities (changing rooms and function rooms) on a raised area in the corner between their old T-End and main stand. That never seemed to be hit so badly from what I could see.

I don’t think this reflects at all well on the current owners or the council either. 10 years and counting is a disgrace.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
London Exile wrote:Such a terrible and sad situation and I genuinely feel for supporters like Dave who work tirelessly to keep the club going and provide funds through their Trust and supporter fundraisers.
I don’t know the ins and outs but I’ve always wondered why they never repaired MP and then set about securing funding and planning permission to build the new ground?
At least they’d have been back home and generating more income rather than spending money on ground share after ground share.
Granted it could’ve flooded again but they could always have prepared for that by using modular units for the key facilities (changing rooms and function rooms) on a raised area in the corner between their old T-End and main stand. That never seemed to be hit so badly from what I could see.

I don’t think this reflects at all well on the current owners or the council either. 10 years and counting is a disgrace.
Dave does work tirelessly but from what I read on here and the COF he seems to be reluctant to criticise EMG and is quite laid back about him. In fact you will see in this very thread he accuses people who predicted ages ago EMG was bad for the club as not knowing what they are talking about.

Weight of opinion on the COF seems to against EMG now, thankfully.

Wonder how much Keyway etc are being paid to do the groundworks.
asl
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:If a new phoenix is formed in Gloucester I would hope CTFC are volunteering to be the first pre-season friendly there. I would be keen to go to show support and solidarity for the fans of Gloucester. It could be a good celebratory affair, with some good food and beer on the go to raise money for their tremendous supporters Trust.
Only if Neil takes to the centre circle with the mic and offers his heartfelt gratitude and humble thanks for our generosity in doing so.