Kim's nukes.

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
So looks like Kim finally has some nukes to put on ICBMs.

The more logically you think about it, the more clear it is that China or Russia are supporting Kim in secret.

All rational analysis suggests Kim won't strike first, as he knows it will be the end of his country and dynasty. We have to take at face value the fact N Korea don't like the US having troops in S Korea, Guam and elsewhere in the region and view it as a threat to him. By escalating nuclear tests and threats, the US will either be forever to attack N Korea (proving Kim right that the US are a threat) or demilitarise their prescence in the region. If the latter, then who wins? China or Russia who will move in to fill the void. Probably China given their aggressive military claims with Japan and border skirmishes with India.

So as much as China don't like Kim or publicly support him, their lack of effort to influence him and their banks and businesses which trade with N Korea and enable their meth trade suggests they have more real skin in this game than they let on.

China want the US gone from the region, and Kim's nukes may one way of achieving that. Let's hope Trump is sidelined from this one and people within the White House who can grasp complex issues leads on designing the US response.

Personally I think we could send in some of Britain's best, and take out Kim and most of the major weapons within a couple of days. Time show the a world Britain's military prescence in East Asia is still best, and that we sort situation with action rather than Tweets.

Actually very tempting to join the TA or auxiliary functions in the RAF and Navy (won't be allowed to serve due to medical reasons). Be awe inspiring to be out on the Pacific being part of the leading campaign of good vs evil. Shame I can't sign up, as it wou,d be epic spending weeks avoiding detection in the North Korean mountains, having skirmishes, and finding missile sites to take down.
Circa 1887
I'm assuming the medical reason is a brain related injury.

As if the Chinese aren't monitoring the borders, the skies and every inch or shoreline around the entire Korean peninsula - ready to fund their North Korean neighbors in a proxy war against any invaders. They don't like Kim, they've even plotted to assassinate him, but there is no chance they'd let a western nation conquer their southerly neighbor and park themselves on the doorstep. There is more chance of them doing the job themselves than allowing that.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
A couple of our finest could get in, kill Kim, and get out without the Chinese knowing who or how.
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:A couple of our finest could get in, kill Kim, and get out without the Chinese knowing who or how.
Exactly what I said yesterday. But there's always another nutcase lined up to take over.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:A couple of our finest could get in, kill Kim, and get out without the Chinese knowing who or how.
Exactly what I said yesterday. But there's always another nutcase lined up to take over.
There is, but in the momentary chaos and uncertainty, a few well placed Chinese or South Korean sleeper agents in communities in the North could start a popular uprising. Buying time for more HM's forces to sneak in and disable the nukes.
ctfc-fan
I think special forces would struggle to get close to him or the arsenal of weapons.
confused.com
Good grief, someone been at the booze? There are no sleeper cells in NK and even less Foreign 'agents'. That is exactly why we know diddly squat about what goes on in the place
Shade
You actually believe that, given quite a lot of 'tourists' still go to NK every year, and there are even several documentaries filmed in Pyongyang by non/anti-NK film makers available to watch? The people who need to know know more than you think. They're not going to make it public otherwise NK will find out.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Dennis Rodman is the most unlikely spy ever. Can't wait for the film once the Kim dynasty and cronies have been removed.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
As per my OP and tension between India and China, India are getting a little worried about how China will behave once the NK war starts: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... d-pakistan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And China hold Air force drills: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... ade-threat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I assume China are getting the jets ready because a) they don't want the USAF/RAF over their airspace and b) in case they want to take out the anti missile kit the US are putting in South Korea.

No doubt Putin will side with China. Going to be battle royale if/when it kicks off.
confused.com
Shade wrote:You actually believe that, given quite a lot of 'tourists' still go to NK every year, and there are even several documentaries filmed in Pyongyang by non/anti-NK film makers available to watch? The people who need to know know more than you think. They're not going to make it public otherwise NK will find out.
Yes actually I do believe that. The rest of the world is constantly on the back foot, because they have no idea what's going on. The prediction was that any nuclear capabilty as far as ICBM were concerned was still years rather than months away. If that is still the case, fail to see why the world is getting so agitated if they know so much. As for tourists, hope you are not thinking they are left to roam the country at will? Or even allowed to plan their own itenary?
confused.com
Shade, also the old can't tell or they will find out scenario was often played out in NI during the bombing campaign. The population was fed the 'just because you can't see the security, doesn't mean it's not there'. Experience would say if it was there, often doubtful, it wasn't doing a good job. Bit like al these spies and insurrectionists roaming NK
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:
Shade wrote:You actually believe that, given quite a lot of 'tourists' still go to NK every year, and there are even several documentaries filmed in Pyongyang by non/anti-NK film makers available to watch? The people who need to know know more than you think. They're not going to make it public otherwise NK will find out.
Yes actually I do believe that. The rest of the world is constantly on the back foot, because they have no idea what's going on. The prediction was that any nuclear capabilty as far as ICBM were concerned was still years rather than months away. If that is still the case, fail to see why the world is getting so agitated if they know so much. As for tourists, hope you are not thinking they are left to roam the country at will? Or even allowed to plan their own itenary?
Prediction by whom? Officials giving out press releases? I am sure there are a few agency head honchos around the world who know exactly how far developed Kim's 'gifts' are. The media say we are on the back foot, but who really knows.
Shade
All the spies and insurrectionists...because that's what I said. Well, things have moved on in the world of technology and spying a bit since NI. No point arguing about it as it couldn't be proven until after an event.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:All the spies and insurrectionists...because that's what I said. Well, things have moved on in the world of technology and spying a bit since NI. No point arguing about it as it couldn't be proven until after an event.
Plenty of IRA killings and attacks were allowed to go ahead to avoid revealing sources agents, or to wait for bigger fish to swim into the net. All in the greater good we are told.
confused.com
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Shade wrote:All the spies and insurrectionists...because that's what I said. Well, things have moved on in the world of technology and spying a bit since NI. No point arguing about it as it couldn't be proven until after an event.
Plenty of IRA killings and attacks were allowed to go ahead to avoid revealing sources agents, or to wait for bigger fish to swim into the net. All in the greater good we are told.
Think in the name of reality, you could replace plenty, by some
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
LOL.

Kim responds to Trump's speech....."deranged US dotard".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-41356836" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kora
Pots and kettles I think is the expression. 2 complete feckwits in charge of nuclear powers squaring up to each other, not a happy scenario. At least in the US of A there are people who will try and calm Trump and the situation down; I don't think anyone in N. Korea would dare try to influence his insanity in case they had an accident like being shot.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
kora wrote:Pots and kettles I think is the expression. 2 complete feckwits in charge of nuclear powers squaring up to each other, not a happy scenario. At least in the US of A there are people who will try and calm Trump and the situation down; I don't think anyone in N. Korea would dare try to influence his insanity in case they had an accident like being shot.
Yup, two of the most thin skinned egotistical nutters in the public eye.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
So rocket man accuses dotard of declaring war on N Korea and that US bombers are fair targets to be shot down even if not over NK airspace.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-41391978" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This ratchet has so many levels!