Chmel Blsany (Czech): a warning for FGR?

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
"Chmel Blsany – a club from a tiny Czech village – won seven promotions in 25 years, reached the promised land and then disappeared on their 70th birthday"

https://www.theguardian.com/football/th ... lub-europe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
asl
Gretna spring to mind, too.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Yes, very true asl. And Histon (good riddance) to a lesser extent.
Chris FGR
I hope not, I would be devastated as have been a fan all my life. Got a sneaking suspicion that all isn't right though, but you live in hope.

Being an FGR fan isn't boring, but it isn't all that pleasant at times either. We seem to be constantly on the verge of being a complete and utter shambles.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
If you hope it won't happen, are you doing anything now (e.g. protesting) to prevent it from happening?
Chris FGR
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:If you hope it won't happen, are you doing anything now (e.g. protesting) to prevent it from happening?
Prevent what from happening though? No concrete evidence that we're f#!$, just a suspicion that all isn't right at Ecotricity. The club is poorly run in terms of communication and lack of footballing knowledge, but that's been true for years now.

Vince won't be selling up, the publicity he's getting is priceless and no one would be able to cover our losses if he did. The stadium move if it happens, will happen regardless of what fans want. Protesting is irrelevant, the club think they can replace anyone who stops coming with all the thousands of new fans that will come flocking from everywhere from South Birmingham to North Bristol. According to an interview with DV on Sky, our catchment area will be over 1 million when we move. I'm not sure I agree.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Chris FGR wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:If you hope it won't happen, are you doing anything now (e.g. protesting) to prevent it from happening?
Prevent what from happening though? No concrete evidence that we're f#!$, just a suspicion that all isn't right at Ecotricity. The club is poorly run in terms of communication and lack of footballing knowledge, but that's been true for years now.

Vince won't be selling up, the publicity he's getting is priceless and no one would be able to cover our losses if he did. The stadium move if it happens, will happen regardless of what fans want. Protesting is irrelevant, the club think they can replace anyone who stops coming with all the thousands of new fans that will come flocking from everywhere from South Birmingham to North Bristol. According to an interview with DV on Sky, our catchment area will be over 1 million when we move. I'm not sure I agree.
Re: lack of football knowledge. Even if catchment area estimate is correct, thinking whole communities will switch from supporting their sides like CTFC and BRFC shows a lack of understanding how the game works.
confused.com
does seem a retrograde step to be building a wooden structure for people to sit in.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:does seem a retrograde step to be building a wooden structure for people to sit in.
No build up of rubbish and no smoking.

Longevity of the structure is a doubt though.

I suspect the final design would be tamed down to steel.
confused.com
Few louts after a night of cheap cider and.....
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:Few louts after a night of cheap cider and.....
Insurance job by Vince.