Las Vegas

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

confused.com
How many more must die before the Americans catch themselves on?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Unfortunately with Trump egging on the NRA and KKK etc and his core support being pro-gun and anti-legislation it is not going to change anytime soon, even if most of the country think enough is enough.

No doubt some facist nutters will celebrate the shooting because it killed 'liberals' encouraged by Trump not condemning the killer or guns.
confused.com
Don't know of the demographic, but would question the linking of country and western and liberals?? That's a bit of an assumption there RCS
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:Don't know of the demographic, but would question the linking of country and western and liberals?? That's a bit of an assumption there RCS
Note my inverted commas.
confused.com
Ahhh hides a multitude of sins. The Americans seem to be able to warp their constitution to suit any kind of argument. Whether it be the right to bear arms as in this case. Or the right of free speech as in the kneeling for the national anthem. Total disregard for a document written for different times and different circumstances
Shade
ISIS are claiming it, said the #$£! converted to islam "months ago". But I'm slightly surprised that they didn't claim the hurricanes last month were their doing.
Red Duke
How many people have to be killed before US will do anything?

1000?
10,000?
100,000?
1,000,000?

My solution to the problem - Americans you can maintain your right to bear arms but only those that were available when the Amendment was made to their Constitution.
asl
Given where the shooter was firing from, it's unlikely even the NRA will try the old argument about "if everyone was armed, he'd have been taken down sooner."
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:ISIS are claiming it, said the #$£! converted to islam "months ago". But I'm slightly surprised that they didn't claim the hurricanes last month were their doing.
I am sceptical of ISIS claim as well.

Probably end up with CIA and FBI saying it was a right wing nutter and Trump saying it was a Muslim and another round of Twitter arguments.
confused.com
and then you see the pther side of teh anti Trump brigade ..... the CBS network has fired one of its top lawyers after she said she was “not even sympathetic” to victims of the Las Vegas shooting because “country music fans often are Republican”,
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Harrowing statistics: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 79666.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As divided, nasty, and partisan politics in America (and increasingly in the UK) has become, we shouldn't forget that ordinary people are dying.

Let us hope there is some soul searching and reflection by Republicans and Democrats.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Congress might deregulate silencers next:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/gun-s ... 79601.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
asl
What possible legitimate use would a civilian have for a silencer??? So as not to wake the kids when you're protecting your home from intruders???
Shade
asl wrote:What possible legitimate use would a civilian have for a silencer??? So as not to wake the kids when you're protecting your home from intruders???
Not alerting the neighbours when the husband kills the wife and kids is the very sad likelihood. It is absolutely unbelievable.

Pleb 1: "We've got thousands of 'Muricans being killed by gunmen every year...what should we do?"
Pleb 2: "I know, let the gunmen have silencers so that they can kill more people before anyone realises and can run away!"
Red Duke
asl wrote:What possible legitimate use would a civilian have for a silencer??? So as not to wake the kids when you're protecting your home from intruders???
It is all to do with Health & Safety and ensuring the manufacturers don't have to fight a claim in court.

"Judge Judy, my hearing was damaged due to the loud bangs that was coming from the gun when I used it over and over again. There was no warning on the packaging that this would happen in use. The manufacturer should have supplied a silencer to protect my ears. I wish claim $1,000,000 for loss of hearing"
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I see that the NRA haven't tweeted since 29th September
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus’ favourite purveyor of fake news, friend of Farage and one of the financial linchpins of the Trump and pro-Brexit campaigns, Steve Bannon advises against gun control:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 80696.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(If anyone doesn’t know what I am on about: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... racy#img-5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
Malabus
The U.S. Constitution will never change,