Back

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
Mitchell and Webb fronted comedy series that's been on 4 for a few weeks. Set in Stroud. Represents them up there quite well, right down to the mad old sod in a balaclava beating up a chavvy yokel...erm, local...with a baseball bat in a Nailsworth car park...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Not seen it but will check it out.
Shade
Be warned, it's got some pretty fruity language.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Be warned, it's got some pretty fruity language.
No warning needed - I'm not easily offended.
Shade
Neither am I but some people I might occasionally watch TV with are.
Malabus
Good programme, but the back drop in scenes doesn’t indicate that it’s filmed in Stroud, looks like Dursley.
Shade
Can't find where it was actually filmed, but they've mentioned a few times that their pub, the John Barleycorn, is in Stroud and that they were meeting someone in a car park in Nailsworth as well.
Malabus
Shade wrote:Can't find where it was actually filmed, but they've mentioned a few times that their pub, the John Barleycorn, is in Stroud and that they were meeting someone in a car park in Nailsworth as well.
Yes, that was mentioned at the pork scratching factory and in the pasty shop. The scenes in the shopping areas isn’t that of Stroud.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Just watching now. The first scene with Mitchell is in Stroud, with the old Market Traders pub in the background and a vacant grand building which is now the Stroud Ale House. Walked up and down to that establishment a few times over the summer.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
High street with the bookshop is Stroud - shop is owned by a chap called Mike. Been trading for years.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Just watching now. The first scene with Mitchell is in Stroud, with the old Market Traders pub in the background and a vacant grand building which is now the Stroud Ale House. Walked up and down to that establishment a few times over the summer.
So it must be Stroud if you recognise the buildings.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Just watching now. The first scene with Mitchell is in Stroud, with the old Market Traders pub in the background and a vacant grand building which is now the Stroud Ale House. Walked up and down to that establishment a few times over the summer.
So it must be Stroud if you recognise the buildings.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
I have only seen ep 1 and 2 so can’t vouch for later episodes.
Malabus
I've just started ep5, great series.