Great entertainment

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I saw it live, but highlights are cracking even if you didn't.

P45
Sign falling down
Nicking lines from the West Wing
Communist memorial bracelet
And that is ignoring the coughing and choking

Too cringe to watch at times almost
Shade
Simon Brodkin needs to find a new joke. It's getting tather repetitive.
confused.com
Agreed shade, it has come to the point where you sit thinking, not again is that all there is. As for the cough will always remember where I was when I heard that news! Woman has a cough. Well I never
ctfc-fan
Simon Brodkin is a complete, unfunny bellend.
asl
Oh, I dunno - the pic of Sepp Blatter fuming as all that fake money fluttered down was quite amusing... Didn't I read it was the same guy?
ctfc-fan
asl wrote:Oh, I dunno - the pic of Sepp Blatter fuming as all that fake money fluttered down was quite amusing... Didn't I read it was the same guy?
Yeah that was him. The joke itself was ok as I can't stand Blatter but his to show was anything but funny.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote:
asl wrote:Oh, I dunno - the pic of Sepp Blatter fuming as all that fake money fluttered down was quite amusing... Didn't I read it was the same guy?
Yeah that was him. The joke itself was ok as I can't stand Blatter but his to show was anything but funny.
Yeah, Lee Nelson was dire and unwatchably unfunny. But the pranks, which aren't Lee Nelson, are quite good.
confused.com
Good grief, such jolly pranks. All we need is Brian Rix to walk in and his trousers fall down. Such intelligent comedy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:Good grief, such jolly pranks. All we need is Brian Rix to walk in and his trousers fall down. Such intelligent comedy
Sepp Blatter was more than a 'jolly prank'; it was a political statement.

Same as yesterday - telling May it was from Johnson, having the P45 'signed' by Johnson, and the follow-up tweet to Johnson was an in your face statement/protest to May, Johnson and the Tories saying that they are meant to be running the country through difficult times, not engaging in petty student society style internal political squabbles. If now they focus more on the job at hand rather than jobs they want in the future, it will be better for all of us.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Though the funniest thing of course was the sign falling down in stages during the event, especially as it started falling down just as she was talking about a party and country that makes things!
confused.com
If he is so politically astute and engaged. Maybe he should stand for election and see if he can make a difference, rather than just being a vvanker
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:If he is so politically astute and engaged. Maybe he should stand for election and see if he can make a difference, rather than just being a vvanker
Ah yes, no one who isn't an MP or standing for an MP isn't allowed to be politically engaged. Why, might as well ban all forms of voting, research, protests, journalism as well. Who do these bloody voters think they are, engaging with politics without bothering to run for election, vvankers.
confused.com
Not too sure you can call what he does as 'engaging', he doesn't do dialogue or conversation. That might, after all, expose the cracks through which the light gets in. Pray enlighten me as to what political injustice he was campaiging / protesting / engaging with, with his prank of entering Britain's got talent? He is a self publicising vvanker, pure and simple.
Shade
I'm purely talking about Simon Brodkin doing the same thing. This is the 10th time he's pulled this "joke" where he's "invaded" an event or such like, and I don't think any of them at all are for the right reasons. I think he purely does them just for attention, to stay "relevant" and get a few pats on the back, as his only comedy character that got him anywhere, Lee Nelson, ran its course years ago.

It was funny the first few times but the last 2 or 3 I just find myself saying "oh...it's him doing the same thing again".
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:Not too sure you can call what he does as 'engaging', he doesn't do dialogue or conversation. That might, after all, expose the cracks through which the light gets in. Pray enlighten me as to what political injustice he was campaiging / protesting / engaging with, with his prank of entering Britain's got talent? He is a self publicising vvanker, pure and simple.
You are the one who said he was engaged, I only used your phrase.

He did speak to May and Johnson, when it happened and on Twitter. Handing a document to May is more engaged than most get. And hey, he was part of a shambles which got the 'leadership' question making headlines again - either she'll go or the critics will pipe down. Either way is better than the current paralysis.

I didn't know he entered BGT. Don't pay any attention to it. I assume though he was just there to mock it and highlight how inane and degenerative trash shows like that are.
confused.com
Have given him too much of my thought process already. Wish he would just FO
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:Have given him too much of my thought process already. Wish he would just FO
Discussions like this only feed the troll. So suggest we stop talking about him. The OP was about an all round nightmare rather than one prankster.
confused.com
So
1. Some bloke erecting a set didn't do a very good job. Hope he gets sacked.
2. Pretty sure I have had a cough before, so will move on from that.
3. Think it is entirely possible to appreciate someone's art, without subscribing to their views / morals. With the exception of having a Hitler hanging on your wall.zi don't know, I just 'worry' about the media. There has to be more important things happening in the world???
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:So
1. Some bloke erecting a set didn't do a very good job. Hope he gets sacked.
2. Pretty sure I have had a cough before, so will move on from that.
3. Think it is entirely possible to appreciate someone's art, without subscribing to their views / morals. With the exception of having a Hitler hanging on your wall.zi don't know, I just 'worry' about the media. There has to be more important things happening in the world???
There are more important things indeed, which our government should be getting with trying to fix rather than briefing and counter-briefing against each other. Hard to blame the media solely when the foreign secretary writes 4,000 word essays in the paper briefing against official government position and other articles outside of his brief, and then the rest of the cabinet spend days supporting or criticising in the media depending which camp they fall in, rather than attending to the problems you highlight.