England....I can’t take anymore.

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
Get rid of Southgate, we won’t win sweet FA with that clown in charge.

Boring boring boring Southgate.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Your biggest mistake was watching it. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different result. Ergo, anyone watching England is insane!
leohoenig
News flash! England will not win anything.
It's not a matter of who's in charge, but who they are in charge of..
Shade
I honestly believe we'd be better off getting rid of all of our "best" players and picking only players from the bottom half of the Prem and the Championship. We'd be picking players on a level with most of Iceland's squad and we'd have more of a surprise element. Butland in goal, Kane up front and the rest a mixed bag. Maybe Ron Benson and Tony Hedges...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:I honestly believe we'd be better off getting rid of all of our "best" players and picking only players from the bottom half of the Prem and the Championship. We'd be picking players on a level with most of Iceland's squad and we'd have more of a surprise element. Butland in goal, Kane up front and the rest a mixed bag. Maybe Ron Benson and Tony Hedges...
Yeah I see the logic. Players where team effort and playing to strengths are key for their clubs.

Problem with players like Sterling and Alli is that they don’t need discipline in their sides. They can play like kids on the street or on FIFA with all their skill and confidence as there is quality all around them. At international level it is much more about discipline, knowing your role and getting the most of of the team as a unit. As such we should pick players who can do this and do it week in week out.

Shall we make a hypothetical Lower Prem/Champ XI.

You already named Butland and Kane.

I will suggest Ryan Sessegnon at Left Back.