Pleasant surprise in the Post today

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Red Duke
Today, I received my Cheltenham Town Supporters Society Ltd certificate that states I have ONE fully paid up share of £1.00.

It is dated 1st January 2017.

I also received my Robins Trust Membership card that runs out on 31st December 2017.

I assume I retain the one share whether I renew my Trust Membership or not and that they will contact me to renew when it runs out.

How many shares have been issued?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Blimey. Did they get Downes to deliver it to Northumberland on foot? Can't think how else delivery would be so slow.
leohoenig
If you do not renew your membership (at the new reduced price), then you lose the right to any benefits the membership gives you, including a priority ticket for our FA Cup third round game. You should be contacted before the end of the year
This is part of our new board catching up on the failures from its predecessor.
Johnsons Red Army
What about the shares, are they no longer yours once the membership lapses or are they yours for life?
Red Duke
leohoenig wrote:If you do not renew your membership (at the new reduced price), then you lose the right to any benefits the membership gives you, including a priority ticket for our FA Cup third round game. You should be contacted before the end of the year
This is part of our new board catching up on the failures from its predecessor.
Thanks, Leo. I joined the Trust through the Scoreboard Crowd-funding. Was there a surge in membership through it?

Do you have a link so that I can read about all benefits of membership?

Is the plan to be able to renew online?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
You can renew online. Pay using PayPal. Works a treat.
theidlerich
I joined last season, took ages and a couple of emails before any communication. Finally received "the share certificate"! No explanation whether this is just whilst a member or for life -[a share certificate is for life unless sold on??]. No further communications; no news; no updates; found out from the nest that the agm was coming up [too late for me, sadly]. Consequently have not renewed my membership, and have no 'reminders' or a request to re-join. Not impressed; seems to be a rather shambolic sad to say as I know that a few put in a lot of hard work and effort.
Willing to rejoin to help the good cause but I rather doubt that contact will be made! .............anon!
leohoenig
There have been problems in the past, and as a member of the board that has stayed on, I am one of those responsible
Please give the new members of the board time to catch up on the backlog. The original post here shows that this is being attended to.

I know that all lapsed members on our database have been contacted, and all current members were e-mailed for the AGM
Hence if you have not received an e-mail from the trust, and you want to get in touh, please send us an e-mail, as we may not have an accurate e-mail for you

use robsinstrust@outlook.com
I promise you will get an answer, but please allow a short while for response.
leohoenig
While at it, reports on the AGM are on the trust web site

http://robinstrust.org/our-trust-agm-summary/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://robinstrust.org/rise-represent-i ... encourage/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
theidlerich
Thank you Leo [if I may call you that]; your reply is much appreciated. Good to see a new committee and to see who they are; probably won't recognise them in the S&B stand though! If it's just a £5 to re-sign up 'we' may well do that; encouraging.
Dave Beesley
Hey Folks,
Thanks for your feedback, since the new board formed earlier this year - one of our key priorities has been to review membership costs, benefits and transparency. But unfortunately this will take time as we go through various records and sources to get our data clean and coherent. (This is in no way a dig at the previous board either, they were doing the best they could with limited resources and day jobs)
The Trust website has been updated with the outcomes of our reviews, and what was decided and ratified at the AGM - http://robinstrust.org/our-trust-agm-summary/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Going forward, memberships will cost £5 and run from June 1st to May 31st. The website signup will be updated over the weekend to reflect this.

The share certificate is valid whilst you maintain a valid membership, once you are no longer a member, you no longer hold a share - http://robinstrust.org//wp-content/uplo ... 221014.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Rule 11)

We appreciate that our signup process needs review, this is an old system, and will be updated in the coming months.
We also acknowledge that the purpose and processes of the Trust need to be more visible to members and potential members.

We apologise that things seem rather disorganised at the moment, but please bear with us. We are working on it :)

Dave Beesley - Robins Trust
Johnsons Red Army
Thanks for the updates :)
Red Duke
Dave,

With the change of the membership cycle, does my current Membership run out on 31st December 2017 or May 31st 2018?
darreno
The email address above is incorrect, just to warn people.

I have sent an email to the correct address trying to get my membership renewed.

Thanks
Dave Beesley
Thanks darreno - The address info@robinstrust.org should now be up and running properly.

The Trust board is meeting tonight, so I shall try and clarify some details on Memberships.
All I ask is that you all remain patient with us. We are all trying our best to move things forward, but also have day jobs and family commitments.