Used the IFollow app today for the 1st time

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ralph
Overall pretty good picture. It took me 15min from logging in and paying to actually seeing the game. Kept telling me i need to add my pw. Done that numerous times even though it was showing i was logged in. Screamed like a banshee when the winner went in. Good job Wrighty made amends after that horrendous pen effort.. Pretty good value i think
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Cheers for the review Ralph. Good to know the heartbreak of Swindon being watched in the USA.

A lot of screaming, jumping and sofa punching all round the world in living rooms and hotel rooms I imagine from CTFC loyal across the globe.
Ralph
Americans do not get the passion that we have. I think i'll hook a hdmi to my laptop and plug it in the TV next time. Just did it on my PC monitor today. Tried the laptop at the same time, but could never get the game screen to come up so i think it might be set as one device at a time. Didn't want to lose the game on the monitor so gave up on the laptop. No commentary but you don't need that, just the sound of the crowd.. Perfect
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:Americans do not get the passion that we have. I think i'll hook a hdmi to my laptop and plug it in the TV next time. Just did it on my PC monitor today. Tried the laptop at the same time, but could never get the game screen to come up so i think it might be set as one device at a time. Didn't want to lose the game on the monitor so gave up on the laptop. No commentary but you don't need that, just the sound of the crowd.. Perfect
How did the supporters come across? WR rocking?

Come the play-offs you’ll have to get a big screen and projector and get some pals round. Show ‘em what real football is all about.
Ralph
Yeah, it was pretty quick to get in with the atmosphere. Came across well
Red Duke
Ralph wrote:Americans do not get the passion that we have. I think i'll hook a hdmi to my laptop and plug it in the TV next time. Just did it on my PC monitor today. Tried the laptop at the same time, but could never get the game screen to come up so i think it might be set as one device at a time. Didn't want to lose the game on the monitor so gave up on the laptop. No commentary but you don't need that, just the sound of the crowd.. Perfect
Are you able to synchronise the radio commentary from Radio Glos lads with the video stream?
Ralph
don't bother with the radio. Just like watching the game
Cheltenhamshire10
Might give this a go, as came on here to ask if anyone had done it yet. Picture quality decent? I thought someone mentioned it's just a single camera?
Ralph
Just single camera in Wymans and yes good pic. I'm happy with it
Hubert Parry
Me too Ralph. I watched this from my hotel bed in Costa Rica and I fear the cleaning staff won't appreciate having to pick up all the pillows and duvets off the floor after the winner.

Best £5 I've spent for a while. Only criticism is the two seconds picture and audio lag. Could also do with clock and score.
Ralph
I'm wary about spending the whole $140 incase it all goes bad at some point, but i was impressed today
Alf
I hdmi it to tv and it's great. I thought I'd put the kiss of death on us when I subscribed at start of season but very happy now. Only trouble is, no action replays so you have to wait for the highlights vid. Also no commentary but I'll leave you to decide whether that is a plus or a minus!
dedwardp
Alf wrote:Only trouble is, no action replays so you have to wait for the highlights vid.
You can go back as much as you like during the game. It even has little icons for when goals are so you can go back and rewatch them if you like, no different to watching something on YouTube, for example, so you can make your own replays.
bennox
dedwardp wrote:
Alf wrote:Only trouble is, no action replays so you have to wait for the highlights vid.
You can go back as much as you like during the game. It even has little icons for when goals are so you can go back and rewatch them if you like, no different to watching something on YouTube, for example, so you can make your own replays.
Indeed. Watching on a phone it's a little different - I don't think you can go back to the icon, but you can rock back 30 seconds to replay the goals - as I did with great relish yesterday.

I've been happy on the whole, and my kids can testify to the screaming, jumping and bed punching that was going on here in Poland. If you use two devices you need to make sure you're logged out on one before using the other. The slight delay also means it's best to make sure you're not looking at Twitter.
Alf
dedwardp wrote:
Thanks for that info, didn't know that.
Red Duke
How soon before the game does the streaming start?
Alf
Red Duke wrote:How soon before the game does the streaming start?
A couple of mins.
Ralph
Trying it again today. Sign in for the game was easy. Using the controls on screen to start and then pause it, so i can watch it after the Prem games on right now. Looks good on the TV with an HDMI. All 46 games. The full replay they mention in the subs area doesn't go online till the next day re a deal they have with the EFL, but like i said above, you can start and then pause it. IIRC they told me you had to start it and pause it but if its paused for 2hrs, it goes off.. I like this
triggo
Yes just signed up in the States as well.
Very pleased with it.
Able to watch all the games live is soooo much better than the BBC ect
Well worth the kelp.
Ralph
Yeah i like it. Only issue i have now is as i go back to the game after pausing it, i see a ball symbol for the goal on the timeline and a couple of yellow cards. Well by hitting refresh a couple of times, i got them to disappear.. minor info i know.. Very happy with the product
Shade
Sounds like they've copied the BT Sport Champions League app, in terms of live viewing, with the timeline and ability to skip around to watch highlights during play. It works well apart from, as you say, it shows on the timeline what has happened and when, if you've had it on pause.
empire01
I can’t view the video only have the sound. Keeps telling me I can’t access since in wrong location! Tried in UK and Spain. Nothing works. Anyone else had this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ralph
No Prem on today so have the mighty reds on the big TV. I like this.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
empire01 wrote:I can’t view the video only have the sound. Keeps telling me I can’t access since in wrong location! Tried in UK and Spain. Nothing works. Anyone else had this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is not available in the U.K. but should work in Spain.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:No Prem on today so have the mighty reds on the big TV. I like this.
Hopefully they buck up during the last 60 and give you something good to watch.
Ralph
Typical L2 game. Scrappy. Luton could be another goal up. Big away following. Good to watch
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:Typical L2 game. Scrappy. Luton could be another goal up. Big away following. Good to watch
Big 45 mins coming up. Be epic if we battle to a win and send the EDL mob packing out the away end back to the dump disappointed.
Ralph
Isn't Luton were the EDL are based lol
Ralph
Bit more lively for us second half. You watching too RCS?
Ralph
Well that's a relief. Never gave up. Good to see us going for it with the keeper too. Good result
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:Isn't Luton were the EDL are based lol
Yup. Hence my comment. EDL and EasyJet the only two exports from the grotspot.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:Bit more lively for us second half. You watching too RCS?
Alas not but glad you got to see a good half and epic finale in full HD!
Ralph
Yep well worth the investment