Referee yesterday?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Miles Platting
Couldn't get to the match yesterday, so need to know the most important news :-
Was the Ref cr@p?
If not, why not?

:P
asl
I wasn't there neither - but I'm guessing the ref was 'okay' because we didn't lose.
theidlerich
As a relative 'newbie' [the ref not me!] thought he was ok. Caveat both he and the lino's failed to deal with the tight waist/chest clinging from both sides. Gave deserved yellows when his patience was clearly being tried.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Well done to the fans too. Added scrutiny from fans' groups in light of fears of corruption meant the authorities had to play it straight. No wonder the Luton manager was irate if he was anticipating a bent ref only for that not to materialise.
slinky_dog
Spare a thought for the Chesterfield fans who saw one of the most dubious of penalties given against them in the 96th minute yesterday. If that penalty had been given against us at a similar point in a game, we would be suffering the conspiracy theorists on this board for weeks to come.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
slinky_dog wrote:Spare a thought for the Chesterfield fans who saw one of the most dubious of penalties given against them in the 96th minute yesterday. If that penalty had been given against us at a similar point in a game, we would be suffering the conspiracy theorists on this board for weeks to come.
Swindon always get the big decisions in this league.
Shade
The ref was ok in patches and then a bit cack at other times I thought. I mean, what was with the telling DO'S to hurry up with his throw-ins and telling the ballboy to not offer him a towel to dry the ball? I'm sure if Luton asked they could have used it too. He took literally 15 seconds to take a throw-in and the ref was on him, marching over and aggressively telling him to get on with it, in the first half. Meanwhile, Luton, before and after, were taking 30 or even 40 seconds to take some throw-ins, and I think even longer over a few corners where their guy walked as slowly as possible from the other side of the pitch, and not a word was said.

He eventually booked their keeper for time wasting in injury time when he picked the ball up and took it across to the other side of the 6-yard box for a goal kick, but he could have done it 5 minutes earlier, or during one of the many times he held on to the ball for around 20 seconds. I was under the impression that the rule is you can hold it for 6 seconds, but you won't be penalised unless you take the p!## or play in goal for Paraguay vs England. Well, take the p!## he did, and nothing.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
It is the little things like that which when added up make the anti-CTFC bias so obvious.