Jones

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

triggo
Have to smile at the sour grapes from Luton.
He was distraught .....bless !
Manager cites Cheltenham 'a horrible place to come'
tight little ground,
pitch on a slant,
would be even worse if it was windy....yes he actually said that
then goes on to complain that we have a lot of tall lads in our team and we enjoy pumping high balls into the box ... oh dear !

he says they should have been out of sight, yeah, maybe if they could shoot Haaaa !

and on the fans form , even greater scorn.... more massive clubitus, .... really have to larf !!

well done Gazza and the boys, great battling performance and a special mention to Scotty :D :D
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Luton were just as bitter when we turned them over in the cup in 2012.

Just a joke really. Would pity them if not so funny.

Wonder if Jones really believes what he says or just knows it is what the dotard fans who seem to have forgot they have been a non-league club far more recently than they have been in cup finals and top two tiers want to hear.

For the young fans today, Luton are just a bog standard L2 club who have been non-league recently and are now challenging for L1.

I know time has forsaken much of the town of Luton, but their fans really need to move on.
Robin
Odd comments from him really, would have been true back in the Cotterill era but hardly under GJ where we tend to play on the ground and our stadium although small is fine by league two standards. I get Luton are probably a level below where their fan base suggest they should be a bit more realistic.
vickeryc
You have to LOL at Jones's comments about the "horrible little ground" where his team failed to win yesterday. For many years, Kenilworth Road has been widely regarded as a dump. Numerous surveys have consistently voted it amongst the worst places to watch football, along with other old 'favourites' like Gillingham and Grimsby! One of its better features is the closeness of fans to the playing action (like WR). Glass houses and all that...
Last edited by vickeryc on 12 Nov 2017, 11:55, edited 2 times in total.
everyman
Jones is bilingual, able to speak both English and Spanish.[30]
and jibberish,"Jones the jib ".
triggo
and I see Scotty has made the headline in the Times' league two write up.
Ok keepers often go up for a last minute corner but how often do they make a difference

I remember the Carlisle 94 mins one but not too many others ?

as for Jones interview, after that , not too short he can handle a managers job long term,
looks like he was nearly having a breakdown !!!
Lord Elpuz
triggo wrote:Have to smile at the sour grapes from Luton.....

.....then goes on to complain that we have a lot of tall lads in our team and we enjoy pumping high balls into the box ... oh dear !
One can scarcely believe one’s ears, but it is an hilarious read.

In the first half especially, Luton were pumping high balls forward at every opportunity hoping to unsettle our defenders. Someone on the analysis side could provide some stats to disprove Jones’ ridiculous statement.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Lord Elpuz wrote:
triggo wrote:Have to smile at the sour grapes from Luton.....

.....then goes on to complain that we have a lot of tall lads in our team and we enjoy pumping high balls into the box ... oh dear !
One can scarcely believe one’s ears, but it is an hilarious read.

In the first half especially, Luton were pumping high balls forward at every opportunity hoping to unsettle our defenders. Someone on the analysis side could provide some stats to disprove Jones’ ridiculous statement.
Just an absolute fool. A real deluded sad case.
Player2 Has Joined
Watching his interview I take it as a bit of a back handed complement that he openly admitted they had to change the way they normally play to try and win. If a club with eyes on winning the league is having to do that against us, then we're doing something right!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
vickeryc
Good point Player 2.
Robin
vickeryc wrote:You have to LOL at Jones's comments about the "horrible little ground" where his team failed to win yesterday. For many years, Kenilworth Road has been widely regarded as a dump. Numerous surveys have consistently voted it amongst the worst places to watch football, along with other old 'favourites' like Gillingham and Grimsby! One of its better features is the closeness of fans to the playing action (like WR). Glass houses and all that...
Agree really baffling when they play at Kenilworth Road, one of the worst away days there is in the lower leagues down there with Accrington in my view. It's horrible area, no pubs, no room on the seats and the place is falling apart.
confused.com
please do keep a sense of reality and be fair to Mr Jones. It must be extremely difficult to be playing at the Santiagi Bernabeu one match and then have to truck up to WR for his next !
edit - Sorry, my mistake - the expansive billard table of Kingsmeadow one week and WR the next.

I hope this will be of some help to him http://mentalhealthdaily.com/2015/05/12 ... treatment/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ralph
Robin wrote:
vickeryc wrote:You have to LOL at Jones's comments about the "horrible little ground" where his team failed to win yesterday. For many years, Kenilworth Road has been widely regarded as a dump. Numerous surveys have consistently voted it amongst the worst places to watch football, along with other old 'favourites' like Gillingham and Grimsby! One of its better features is the closeness of fans to the playing action (like WR). Glass houses and all that...
Agree really baffling when they play at Kenilworth Road, one of the worst away days there is in the lower leagues down there with Accrington in my view. It's horrible area, no pubs, no room on the seats and the place is falling apart.
It was the worst away trip for me. Just a cesspit. And with the other reasons not to like it, how many fans had their cars damaged.
Ralph
Some Luton fan said on their forum that the game against them was our cup final :lol: Seriously deranged or what
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:Some Luton fan said on their forum that the game against them was our cup final :lol: Seriously deranged or what
Lol. They really have lost touch of reality. Which team has sent the longest in non-league over the last 15 years?
longmover
I wouldn't want to be the person that tells him teams in league 1 have players over 6ft

Take it with pinch of salt and a compliment, at the end of the day their his players and he tells them how to play if they can't win then the blame stops with him. If they just attacked us in the 2nd as they did in the first they would of scored more than one goal.
Ralph
What did mgrs call us under SC? Land of the giants?
MSB
Ralph wrote:Some Luton fan said on their forum that the game against them was our cup final :lol: Seriously deranged or what
So that's FGR and Luton, plus either Lincoln or Grimsby have labelled themselves 'our cup final'. Such disillusionment in League 2 right now :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
MSB wrote:
So that's FGR and Luton, plus either Lincoln or Grimsby have labelled themselves 'our cup final'. Such disillusionment in League 2 right now :lol:
Big grounds and dead end lives distorting the view of fans of the likes of Luton and Grimsby who can't accept L2 is their level. When Saturday is all you look forward to then L2 dross must be hard to come to terms with.

FGR just like nouveau riche lottery winners or barrow boys who think because they have a new shirt and car they are god's gift. No class. To them taking 800 to a local away game might be a cup final. For us it is run of the mill.
little mo
When i watched the interview two things really struck me. Firstly i was convinced he was about to break into tears,it was very close. Secondly, if he thinks Cheltenham is a horrible place WTF does he think Luton is, and as for that shithole of a ground they play at well words fail me.
Now i am reading he is being heavily linked to Sunderland, he better get used to losing then.
Shade
little mo wrote:When i watched the interview two things really struck me. Firstly i was convinced he was about to break into tears,it was very close. Secondly, if he thinks Cheltenham is a horrible place WTF does he think Luton is, and as for that shithole of a ground they play at well words fail me.
Now i am reading he is being heavily linked to Sunderland, he better get used to losing then.
Imagine if he does go to Sunderland, gets relegated or sacked with them and Luton don't go up.

:lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
My word, if he can't cope with Luton drawing away at Cheltenham he will apoplectic when Sunderland lose at home to the likes of Burton.