Scottish Challenge Cup

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
This year two Welsh teams, two Irish teams and two Northern Irish teams were invited to play in the SCC - a completion for Scottish Championship and below.

The New Saints (W) who beat and Crusaders (NI) have both made it to the semi-finals. Beating Queen of the South and Dundee United respectively in the quarters.

Further evidence that Scottish Championship is no better than the Welsh and Northern Irish Leagues and English L2 at best.
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:This year two Welsh teams, two Irish teams and two Northern Irish teams were invited to play in the SCC
I thought you were starting a joke.
Ralph
Shade wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:This year two Welsh teams, two Irish teams and two Northern Irish teams were invited to play in the SCC
He did. The punchline was "Scottish football"
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:
Shade wrote:
He did. The punchline was "Scottish football"
RCS Post of The Year 2017!

Well done Ralph, POTY winner!
confused.com
Just as well scottish football is so bad. It enabled england to scrape a draw against them in the W Cup. You really do need to have a good look at yourself with these idiotic comments. Premier league would be nothing without the money and foreign players. This has the impact of driving what used to be first division players into the lower leagues. Take away the money and the foreign players and L1 and L2 as well as championship would have severely weakened teams
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Wasn't talking about national football and thanks for the financial lesson re: premier league. Who knew.

Until the media give the likes of TNS and Crusaders the same coverage as the likes of Dundee United then fans are justified in complaining about Scottish Leagues.
confused.com
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Wasn't talking about national football and thanks for the financial lesson re: premier league. Who knew.

Until the media give the likes of TNS and Crusaders the same coverage as the likes of Dundee United then fans are justified in complaining about Scottish Leagues.
Mu comments were not aimed at your [post, but rather Ralph with his inane comment.
Fully agree that all parts of the UK and their respective leagues should get air time. If England supporters want to start to understand why the other home nations don't particularly care how we do in a competition, or indeed actively want to see England lose in a competition. Don't think, that this lack of disrespect from both the media and the likes of Ralph etc. that bring this feeling about. It has zero to do with jealousy as some would like to think, it is having England and English based football being portrayed on the media as the most important aspect of football in the UK and the only too frequent comments like some you get on here, re other nations football teams / leagues. It is pretty laughable how when a Luton fan says playing them is our cup final and he gets scorn heaped upon him. However, that is the exact mentality we have when teams play England and we fail to impress. Oh but it was their cup final. Join the queue for lessons in humility, then the rest of the world and UK may actually begin to support us as their second team, instead of ABE. Start of by showing respect to and applauding the oppositions anthems, and see how it goes from there
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Good post and I do agree. I often find myself supporting other 'home nations' over England purely because I can relate and buy-in to their players and team a lot more. England games are just souless, passionless bore-fests. Much rather watch and support real united team fighting for the cause.