Archbishop of Canterbury

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
One of my favourite public figures once again demonstrating what I consider to be the good values of Britain and religion.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 83266.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Malabus
CoE and Jesuits are heretics. They have secret meetings and digest adrenochrome in satanic rituals.
What’s laughable is that the libtards are more annoyed at DT retweets than the atrocities in these videos in question.
confused.com
I do really think it is best, if religious leaders, stay out of politics. Either that or be a politician.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
And should political leaders stay out of religion?

That is what has caused this spat. After all, Welby hasn't commented on politics, he has commented on religion. Yes he was commenting on religious tweets by a politician, but they were discussing religion not politics.
confused.com
By definition yes. Would not expect a political leader to be advising the Arch Bishop on matters biblical. However I find the "President of the United States has chosen to amplify the voice of far-right extremists", comment slightly at odds with his position as a church leader.
Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again :)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Surely speaking against hatred and extremism is one of the key elements of being a religious leader?
kora
Spot on RCS, surely anyone with a smattering of decency should be shouting against poisonous filth like Britain First.
confused.com
It should not be his place to decree what or who is an extremeist.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Maybe not but in this case societal consensus is unanimous on Britain First, so he wasn't decreeing anything which isn't already accepted as fact.
confused.com
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Maybe not but in this case societal consensus is unanimous on Britain First, so he wasn't decreeing anything which isn't already accepted as fact.
It would appear not to be unanimous (?)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Maybe not but in this case societal consensus is unanimous on Britain First, so he wasn't decreeing anything which isn't already accepted as fact.
It would appear not to be unanimous (?)
As good as barring the fascists who support/are members of BF.