ALL THINGS FGR

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

drgm
Secret agent Brad Collins still doing a great job for the Robins. They are still quite optimistic over on the nut cutlet forum.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
drgm wrote:Secret agent Brad Collins still doing a great job for the Robins. They are still quite optimistic over on the nut cutlet forum.
Yeah, reading that forum really is odd at times.

A lot of happy clappy hippy posts along the lines of "we have done so well, don't worry about the league position" or "we have played so well in every game we'll be fine" in response to the slightest criticism or concern about them having the worst record in the division.
King giraffe iii
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
drgm wrote:Secret agent Brad Collins still doing a great job for the Robins. They are still quite optimistic over on the nut cutlet forum.

A lot of happy clappy hippy posts along the lines of "we have done so well, don't worry about the league position" or "we have played so well in every game we'll be fine" in response to the slightest criticism or concern about them having the worst record in the division.
It is because most of them really have no idea. They don't deserve an EFL club because they think like Hellenic League club fans. Happy to be bottom because it's a thrill FGR are in the EFL. They've got their seat in the stand, a bottle of Cotswold 3.8, forum poetry and the football is just a distraction. They couldn't give a damn if we go down as they have no sense of the club's history beyond a book on the coffee table. No passion. Just middle class hot air.

Plus there are one or two who, for some reason, grovel on the forum then say something entirely different elsewhere. OTC may be simple and a moron, but at least he's honest.
King giraffe iii
He's s#!t. End of.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
By the way KG3, I liked your 'works team' observation. Maybe after you move to Random Motorway Junction X Vince will change the name but keep the FGR initials, like a reverse TNS.

We look forward to hearing Jeff Stelling exclaiming "and they'll be dancing in the streets of Future Green Revolution tonight!"
joes dad
King giraffe iii wrote:

It is because most of them really have no idea. They don't deserve an EFL club because they think like Hellenic League club fans. Happy to be bottom because it's a thrill FGR are in the EFL. They've got their seat in the stand, a bottle of Cotswold 3.8, forum poetry and the football is just a distraction. They couldn't give a damn if we go down as they have no sense of the club's history beyond a book on the coffee table. No passion. Just middle class hot air.

Plus there are one or two who, for some reason, grovel on the forum then say something entirely different elsewhere. OTC MAY BE SIMPLE AND A MORON, but at least he's honest.
:lol: :lol:
King giraffe iii
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:By the way KG3, I liked your 'works team' observation. Maybe after you move to Random Motorway Junction X Vince will change the name but keep the FGR initials, like a reverse TNS.

We look forward to hearing Jeff Stelling exclaiming "and they'll be dancing in the streets of Future Green Revolution tonight!"
I would not be surprised if something similar is on the cards.
Ralph
King giraffe iii wrote:

Plus there are one or two who, for some reason, grovel on the forum then say something entirely different elsewhere. OTC may be simple and a moron, but at least he's honest.
Truth
Si Robin
Just seen this story on Gloucestershire Live. They're a lovely bunch at FGR aren't they.

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sp ... ced-944134
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
So poor.
Ralph
Watch for OTC to say its all lies lol
asl
Fake News.

He'll present alternative facts.
Ralph
like he's mates with the surgeon that did the op and club footed the bill
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ZERO shots on target today for FGR.

Some fun reading: http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 2&start=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
King giraffe iii
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:ZERO shots on target today for FGR.

Some fun reading: http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 2&start=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We did well to achieve zero. Carlisle should have scored three or four. Hopefully the result will make DV recognise Cooper doesn't deserve another transfer window.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ben2 wrote:Even better and an opening for the nest

Charge them £15 per post I say! http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=89672" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ha! I read the OP in a thread calling for Cooper to go and thought at the the time "I bet next time I come to this forum this post will be replaced with one complaining about it being deleted."

What a pathetic amateurish embarrassing football forum that is.
King giraffe iii
Ben2 wrote:Even better and an opening for the nest

Charge them £15 per post I say! http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=89672" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ha! I read the OP in a thread calling for Cooper to go and thought at the the time "I bet next time I come to this forum this post will be replaced with one complaining about it being deleted."

What a pathetic amateurish embarrassing football forum that is.
It's why some of us have already gone elsewhere.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Good stuff.

Some encouraging stuff from Cooper here: https://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/new ... sappointed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ralph
Posted by one of the mods there

Reminder taken from the forum rules:

Personal attacks will not be tolerated. It is acceptable to suggest that, in your opinion, the club might fare better if a certain role was filled by someone else but it's not acceptable to demand the sacking of an individual. That's just nasty. Your comment will be removed and you may be banned from the forum.

So you can't call for the mgr to be sacked on that forum :lol:
drgm
If they were a proper bunch of fans they would have their own forum. Not one run (and moderated) by the club.
DV is going to have to splash the cash. The amount he spends will tell me whether he wants to move the club on any further or whether he has lost interest.
Pass the popcorn!
Admin
Site Administrator
I have nearly completed the setup of some new forums for all sports fans in Gloucestershire that will be totally independent of any club so FGR will have their own section where they can say what they like without fear of being banned or censored. Obviously within reason.

There’s even a place for Gloucester City and Gloucester Rugby!!
Ralph
Great we can move to the FGR section lol. They are a disgrace to the football league and Vince will destroy them.
Ralph
and now home fans being kicked out for anything at all.. don't know if the thread will still be there in the morning. I'm sure the biddie Lady Magpie or Referee will take care of the negative comment below :lol:

The club want rid of potential trouble makers and stewards have been told to remove anyone from south stand that break any rule at all.

Well with the team rock bottom and the players needing all support they can get. Again the powers that be have created yet another issue in the SS. You really don't get it so you?
asl
Ralph wrote:and now home fans being kicked out for anything at all.. don't know if the thread will still be there in the morning.
"This post has been removed" - but, in fairness, the thread *is* still there.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Maybe it is some weird sort of practice for when they have a new 5,000 seater stadium and Vince gets Stewards to round up locals and passers by and force them IN to the stadium to avoid it being empty!

“But I was driving from Birmingham to Exeter, you can’t make me watch!...Not in an internal combustion engine car you’re not matey, in you go [armlock, truncheon thwack, etc]”.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
OMG. The poster ‘FGR-ledge’ couldn’t be more ironically out of touch with what Vince and FGR are about if he tried!

“Home fans being kicked out again.
Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:16 pm

Phil_mitchell wrote:
I've been told by several stewards on several occasions that the club have told them that they want all bad eggs removed from club. Myself included another protest on the cards for wycombe even talk of a home game boycott.

I smell bull c..p from these bulky stewards!! Sounds like they are making this up to nesscatate their bully-boy tactics!!

I think we all need to complain to the club and get rid of these bully stewards once and for all!!!

This must be stopped before it kills the essence of our great club!! Bullies in any format should not win, especially at FGR!!!

Lets not stay away as these cretins then win, lets protest and keep complaining about them!!!“
Ralph
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:OMG. The poster ‘FGR-ledge’ couldn’t be more ironically out of touch with what Vince and FGR are about if he tried!

“Home fans being kicked out again.
Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:16 pm

Phil_mitchell wrote:
I've been told by several stewards on several occasions that the club have told them that they want all bad eggs removed from club. Myself included another protest on the cards for wycombe even talk of a home game boycott.

I smell bull c..p from these bulky stewards!! Sounds like they are making this up to nesscatate their bully-boy tactics!!

I think we all need to complain to the club and get rid of these bully stewards once and for all!!!

This must be stopped before it kills the essence of our great club!! Bullies in any format should not win, especially at FGR!!!

Lets not stay away as these cretins then win, lets protest and keep complaining about them!!!“
I saw that. Their great club died when they took DV onboard. They are not the real FGR anymore
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Plus DV is a bully.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ben2 wrote:As this board has fallen behind the giant intellect that is mine, I shall inform you that the popular tune of ‘Oh little town of bethlehem’ is in fact a tune called ‘Forest Green’.

Look it up pop-pickers
Vaughan Williams? Sounds like plenty of donkeys in the shed of a stadium, but a census view that the inn was full if reports of the lad being denied entry to the Green Man are true. Vince’s angel investment really saw a miraculous birth for FGR as we know it, but three wise men I know don’t think it will last. Too many long haired sandal wearing types brought up by Mary-J for a club to succeed in Stroud.
King giraffe iii
drgm wrote:If they were a proper bunch of fans they would have their own forum. Not one run (and moderated) by the club.
DV is going to have to splash the cash. The amount he spends will tell me whether he wants to move the club on any further or whether he has lost interest.
Pass the popcorn!
We have a Facebook group that we use. It's rather different to the official forum. AFAIK, OTC isn't registered.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
FGR sign a left back.

From National North side York.

http://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/s ... x_Whittle/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
King giraffe iii
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:FGR sign a left back.

From National North side York.

http://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/s ... x_Whittle/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He can't even get in the York side, ffs.

I just despair. I really do.
little mo
And a player from Weston super Mare. They are really going for it now. :D
theidlerich
little mo wrote:And a player from Weston super Mare. They are really going for it now. :D
.... must be used to muddy conditions then....
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
FGR players post match:

On the pitch - https://mobile.twitter.com/billyphipps9 ... 9745171456" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And on the team bus - https://mobile.twitter.com/LiamKni00/st ... 4735545345" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FGR claiming the coach was “attacked”.

Cooper and his clowns really don’t like Cowley.