ALL THINGS FGR

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

King giraffe iii
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:FGR players post match:

On the pitch - https://mobile.twitter.com/billyphipps9 ... 9745171456" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And on the team bus - https://mobile.twitter.com/LiamKni00/st ... 4735545345" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FGR claiming the coach was “attacked”.

Cooper and his clowns really don’t like Cowley.
Cringeworthy, isn't it.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
From the FGR official forum:

Re: Professional as ever.

Postby Phil_mitchell » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:05 pm

Cooper swore at a child and the child's dad reacted to it and was punched by a member of the coaching staff.
drgm
Meanwhile..somewhere in the deepest and darkest corners of Whaddon Road, two men pace up and down, their eyes glued to a telephone.
It rings - they both go for it. The suit gets there first
'Agent Collins reporting in Mr Baker!'
'Thank God -we've been waiting for your call'
'Did you see that slight slip I made for Lincoln's winner today. You must be pleased with that Sir!'
'Well, yes of course, at least it was more subtle than your contribution to Luton's second a while back.I was worried you might blow your cover'
'No need Mr Baker. I am learning fast. What more do you demand of me?'
'Well' said Mr Baker, glancing at the tracksuited gentleman next to him, 'Have you any news about the transfer window?'
Mr Baker listens intently to the exited voice at the other end of the line. Gary scans his boss for clues.
'Oh no. We're finished' wails Mr Baker
He puts his hand over the phone:
'They're going to splash the cash Gary'
The tracksuit smashes a fist onto the table.
'Oh, Oh wait' says Mr Baker. The excited voice carries on.
'Are you sure Agent Collins? I mean really sure? You don't mean the Whittle who invented the jet engine?'
Baker mouths the words 'Alex Whittle' to his colleague
The tracksuit looks puzzled and dive into his i-phone
'Well keep up the good word Agent Collins and do keep those little ..ahem 'mistakes' coming wont you.
He puts the phone down.
'I don't trust agent Collins boss. He's trying to double cross us!'
'Why Gary? His mistakes have transformed their season!'
'Whittle can't even get into York's national league north side! This can't be right'.
'Well Gary' says Baker with a greasy smile. 'Any more signings like that and we won't need Agent Collins or anyone else for that matter'.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Testament from the Lincoln fan who claims his son was the one abused by Cooper, and who then got in a confrontation with the under pressure manager: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSUNwdvX4AEfyZD?format=jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jerry St Clair
As a general principle, i’m all in favour of footballers giving some back. Too many football fans hurl abuse at players and then squeal like girls when a footballer occasionally retaliates.
little mo
drgm wrote:Meanwhile..somewhere in the deepest and darkest corners of Whaddon Road, two men pace up and down, their eyes glued to a telephone.
It rings - they both go for it. The suit gets there first
'Agent Collins reporting in Mr Baker!'
'Thank God -we've been waiting for your call'
'Did you see that slight slip I made for Lincoln's winner today. You must be pleased with that Sir!'
'Well, yes of course, at least it was more subtle than your contribution to Luton's second a while back.I was worried you might blow your cover'
'No need Mr Baker. I am learning fast. What more do you demand of me?'
'Well' said Mr Baker, glancing at the tracksuited gentleman next to him, 'Have you any news about the transfer window?'
Mr Baker listens intently to the exited voice at the other end of the line. Gary scans his boss for clues.
'Oh no. We're finished' wails Mr Baker
He puts his hand over the phone:
'They're going to splash the cash Gary'
The tracksuit smashes a fist onto the table.
'Oh, Oh wait' says Mr Baker. The excited voice carries on.
'Are you sure Agent Collins? I mean really sure? You don't mean the Whittle who invented the jet engine?'
Baker mouths the words 'Alex Whittle' to his colleague
The tracksuit looks puzzled and dive into his i-phone
'Well keep up the good word Agent Collins and do keep those little ..ahem 'mistakes' coming wont you.
He puts the phone down.
'I don't trust agent Collins boss. He's trying to double cross us!'
'Why Gary? His mistakes have transformed their season!'
'Whittle can't even get into York's national league north side! This can't be right'.
'Well Gary' says Baker with a greasy smile. 'Any more signings like that and we won't need Agent Collins or anyone else for that matter'.
Love it, roll on chapter 2. :D :D
Ralph
Jerry St Clair wrote:As a general principle, i’m all in favour of footballers giving some back. Too many football fans hurl abuse at players and then squeal like girls when a footballer occasionally retaliates.
me too to be fair
Ralph
It's all imploding quite nicely. Time for them to fcuk off back to non league and watch the bubble burst when DV sticks his 2.5mill into some other marketing vehicle

They're not making any friends in this league, just enemies
confused.com
the saddesr part of akk this, is thr Cooper reaction of 'you wouldnt say that in the street you twat'. Why, what woukd he have done? Set about him and give him a good beating ????What a vvank stain on the shorts of humanity
confused.com
Ralph wrote:
Jerry St Clair wrote:As a general principle, i’m all in favour of footballers giving some back. Too many football fans hurl abuse at players and then squeal like girls when a footballer occasionally retaliates.
me too to be fair
Incorrect. sportsmen can not and should not react to verbals from the crowd. If they cant do that, thet are in wrong job
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:OMG. The poster ‘FGR-ledge’ couldn’t be more ironically out of touch with what Vince and FGR are about if he tried!

“Home fans being kicked out again.
Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:16 pm

Phil_mitchell wrote:
I've been told by several stewards on several occasions that the club have told them that they want all bad eggs removed from club. Myself included another protest on the cards for wycombe even talk of a home game boycott.

I smell bull c..p from these bulky stewards!! Sounds like they are making this up to nesscatate their bully-boy tactics!!

I think we all need to complain to the club and get rid of these bully stewards once and for all!!!

This must be stopped before it kills the essence of our great club!! Bullies in any format should not win, especially at FGR!!!

Lets not stay away as these cretins then win, lets protest and keep complaining about them!!!“
On this particular allegation I will not comment because I don't know full story.

Last night I spoke to one of the main stewards at FGR match days and asked him what happened. He was not involved in particular incident and wouldn't say too much about it.
However he did say about 8 out of 10 of the same guys do stewarding duties at both WR & TNL.
He said that they have been extra cautious/jittery with large football crowds since one their number was beaten unconscious at WR.
Check it out with your own stewards at next home match for confirmation.
Fortunately for CTFC I understand the offence was committed by Luton fans in the away toilet.

RCS, therefore do please stop using a 'holier than thou' attitude towards FGR because all clubs and supporters have issues with stewarding. TNL is no better or worse than others.
Jerry St Clair
confused.com wrote: Incorrect. sportsmen can not and should not react to verbals from the crowd. If they cant do that, thet are in wrong job
I’m not sure why “being a sportsman” means footballers should be held to higher standards than everyone else.

I’ve seen appalling abuse hurled at players and, by and large, they don’t react which is admirable. I’m amazed more don’t.

All i’m saying is if you are a football fan and you have a pop at a player, don’t go running to the stewards/police/Facebook in a fit of mock outrage when they give you some back.
confused.com
Jerry St Clair wrote:
confused.com wrote: Incorrect. sportsmen can not and should not react to verbals from the crowd. If they cant do that, thet are in wrong job
I’m not sure why “being a sportsman” means footballers should be held to higher standards than everyone else.

I’ve seen appalling abuse hurled at players and, by and large, they don’t react which is admirable. I’m amazed more don’t.

All i’m saying is if you are a football fan and you have a pop at a player, don’t go running to the stewards/police/Facebook in a fit of mock outrage when they give you some back.
Listened to an interview with Rio Ferdinand a while back, on this very topic. He said professional footballers should leave the emotion out of it as far as supporters go, be that on the pitch, in the stadium , in the car park or in town. I think he probably has a better view of it than is two
confused.com
The Old TomCat wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:OMG. The poster ‘FGR-ledge’ couldn’t be more ironically out of touch with what Vince and FGR are about if he tried!

“Home fans being kicked out again.
Postby FGR-Ledge » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:16 pm

Phil_mitchell wrote:
I've been told by several stewards on several occasions that the club have told them that they want all bad eggs removed from club. Myself included another protest on the cards for wycombe even talk of a home game boycott.

I smell bull c..p from these bulky stewards!! Sounds like they are making this up to nesscatate their bully-boy tactics!!

I think we all need to complain to the club and get rid of these bully stewards once and for all!!!

This must be stopped before it kills the essence of our great club!! Bullies in any format should not win, especially at FGR!!!

Lets not stay away as these cretins then win, lets protest and keep complaining about them!!!“
On this particular allegation I will not comment because I don't know full story.

Last night I spoke to one of the main stewards at FGR match days and asked him what happened. He was not involved in particular incident and wouldn't say too much about it.
However he did say about 8 out of 10 of the same guys do stewarding duties at both WR & TNL.
He said that they have been extra cautious/jittery with large football crowds since one their number was beaten unconscious at WR.
Fortunately for CTFC I understand the offence was committed by Luton fans in the away toilet.

RCS, therefore do please stop using a 'holier than thou' attitude towards FGR because all clubs and supporters have issues with stewarding. TNL is no better or worse than others.
It is at moments like these that I live up to my name. Can you explain the connection between your stewards having a go at ypur own fans and Luton scum beating up a steward in the toilet ?

Have to say teh steward in teh CF blocks 2 and 3 is very pleasant
Last edited by confused.com on 31 Dec 2017, 09:20, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry St Clair
confused.com wrote:
Listened to an interview with Rio Ferdinand a while back, on this very topic. He said professional footballers should leave the emotion out of it as far as supporters go, be that on the pitch, in the stadium , in the car park or in town. I think he probably has a better view of it than is two
I completely agree.

A footballer shouldn’t retaliate in the same way that if someone approaches someone in the street or in the pub and hurls abuse at them, the victim ‘should’ turn the other cheek and walk away.

But the perpetrator should not be surprised if the victim has a pop back.
Jerry St Clair
The Old TomCat wrote: Last night I spoke to one of the main stewards at FGR match days and asked him what happened. He was not involved in particular incident and wouldn't say too much about it.

So, completely irrelevant to the incident yesterday then?
confused.com
Jerry St Clair wrote:
confused.com wrote:
I completely agree.

A footballer shouldn’t retaliate in the same way that if someone approaches someone in the street or in the pub and hurls abuse at them, the victim ‘should’ turn the other cheek and walk away.

But the perpetrator should not be surprised if the victim has a pop back.
Kid says 'enjoy the national league'

Football manager says 'you wouldn't say that to me in teh street you twat' - hardly a victim, nobody hit him

hmmmmmm

picture this - Newport fan shouts to GJ - 'enjoy the national league'
GJ replies ''you wouldn't say that to me in teh street you twat'

would that ever happen ?
Do you think GJ would be respected for saying it ?
Jerry St Clair
Yes, confused. In this particular case it does look like an overreaction by FGR. Assuming the account of the supporters is accurate. I wouldn’t argue with that.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Cooper just a nasty piece of work.

OTC, Luton fans can be rowdy. Big news! Any comments on the antics from Cooper and Co at Lincoln rather than commenting on something from last week with an irrelevant anecdote? Fool.
asl
I don't recall ever hearing about the incident against Luton? Obviously, that doesn't mean it didn't happen - I'm just expressing surprise that I didn't hear about it. Given the column-inches The Echo devotes to non-stories, you'd have thought a serious assault causing ABH would have deserved a mention?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
confused.com
asl wrote:I don't recall ever hearing about the incident against Luton? Obviously, that doesn't mean it didn't happen - I'm just expressing surprise that I didn't hear about it. Given the column-inches The Echo devotes to non-stories, you'd have thought a serious assault causing ABH would have deserved a mention?

It would beat the latest revelation that an 8 year old bumped her head in a pub !!!

Am also surprised that such a vicious attack was not mentioned in the echp. As OTC says the poor man was beaten unconscious, so he must have been taken for an overnighter in hospital
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:
asl wrote:I don't recall ever hearing about the incident against Luton? Obviously, that doesn't mean it didn't happen - I'm just expressing surprise that I didn't hear about it. Given the column-inches The Echo devotes to non-stories, you'd have thought a serious assault causing ABH would have deserved a mention?

It would beat the latest revelation that an 8 year old bumped her head in a pub !!!

Am also surprised that such a vicious attack was not mentioned in the echp. As OTC says the poor man was beaten unconscious, so he must have been taken for an overnighter in hospital
OTC is the only person who knows about it. The voices in his head told him.
Ralph
Don't have time to read the other posts right this sec, but if not mentioned above, you should read an exchange that low and behold is still there between Lady Magpie, Irish Rover. It's starting about P6 in the matchday thread v Lincoln (P6 for me anyway) It gets pretty :lol: and is still there!! You don't get the term "menopause" in a footie forum that often :lol:
Ralph

Of course if it had really happened, we would have heard about it

Just another BS pack of lies from OTC as usual
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:Don't have time to read the other posts right this sec, but if not mentioned above, you should read an exchange that low and behold is still there between Lady Magpie, Irish Rover. It's starting about P6 in the matchday thread v Lincoln (P6 for me anyway) It gets pretty :lol: and is still there!! You don't get the term "menopause" in a footie forum that often :lol:
Interesting to see if Lady Magpie sees through her threat of stopping starting the match thread. What a classic thread that is!
Ralph
She needs to get off her high horse. Blimey
drgm
'FGR move quickly to secure the services of Grubb and Whittle'
Mark Cooper was upbeat this morning: 'You have to move quickly in this business. There's always the
chance that if other clubs realise these players are available then you will miss out'

Miss out!! Har har har!
asl
Before we get too sniffy about recruiting from further down the pyramid, let's just remember from where we got Eisa, eh?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:Before we get too sniffy about recruiting from further down the pyramid, let's just remember from where we got Eisa, eh?
Yes, but that was a summer signing with the view that Eisa would be part of a group of established strikers, eased in slowly and given time to prove himself. He wasn’t signed to be one of the urgent signings needed to go into the first team, replace failed players, and save the club from relegation. This time last year when we had to save our season by replacing the Champions with players up to task we didn’t buy National League North players.
shevates
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
asl wrote:Before we get too sniffy about recruiting from further down the pyramid, let's just remember from where we got Eisa, eh?
Yes, but that was a summer signing with the view that Eisa would be part of a group of established strikers, eased in slowly and given time to prove himself. He wasn’t signed to be one of the urgent signings needed to go into the first team, replace failed players, and save the club from relegation. This time last year when we had to save our season by replacing the Champions with players up to task we didn’t buy National League North players.
From what I’ve been told Dayle Grubb was being watched by us as well. There’s also another non league player very close to us whose banging in goals for fun who is causing a lot of interest.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Assume you mean John Mills at Hereford, Shev. Again, one to ease in and try out, not to come in and transform the squad in a relegation battle. So would suit midtable nothing to play for sides like us more than clubs in dire need and crisis like FGR.
Lord Elpuz
shevates wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
From what I’ve been told Dayle Grubb was being watched by us as well. There’s also another non league player very close to us whose banging in goals for fun who is causing a lot of interest.
One could also envisage this to be a rather jolly jape by the CTFC hierarchy, hoodwinking the FGR money man into thinking we were interested in uncovering some further gems from the lower leagues, only to stitch FGR up into buying a couple of pups. Now, that would be amusing ;)
confused.com
I read in the middle of the FGR meltdown discussion, that LM has to have a cataract operation. Now that would explain a lot!!!
Also laughed at OTC rambling on saying in monetary terms they are well below most in L2
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
confused.com wrote:I read in the middle of the FGR meltdown discussion, that LM has to have a cataract operation. Now that would explain a lot!!!
Also laughed at OTC rambling on saying in monetary terms they are well below most in L2
But they got over 8,000 vs Lincoln so should be in reasonable shape financially.
confused.com
Was going to check his figure for their average gate, but decided lfe was too short.